May ready for tough talks over Brexit

rooster59

2 hours ago, beautifulthailand99 said:

I refer the Right Dishonourable member to the answer I made earlier. As a remoaner you will be aware that I beleive we had a good deal before all this stuff kicked off - having had the vote a deal that doesn't shaft our or other EU citizens and protects British business interests and therefore the UK economy is what I will deam to be a 'good deal' . And a good deal is better than a bad deal which is better than no deal. But whatever deal we ultimately get will be worse than the deal we had and as such all this drawn out nonsense has  had a very severe impact on the how the UK is viewed internationally and how succesfull we are going to be as a country moving forward into what are very testing times. Not just for the UK but the whole world. Cameron and his Eton chums have put at risk the UK in a most existential way for what they perceived as short term electoral gain in a reckless , cavalier way for that I will never forgive him. We are in an almighty mess and I hope and pray our pygmy politicians can begin to start making sensible evidence based decisions rather than trading in mindless, derring-do sound bites. Acting like Millwall internationally with megaphone soundbites  "we are GB and we don't care" is neither a good look or a valid negotiating tactic. Let's leave infantalism for the orange hewed, rapey-baby over the pond. The value of the pound and the security of your pensions is at risk here for starters.

So why do you and most of the other remainers champion the EU side of the negotiations  all the time. Why do you want the UK to pay an extotrtionate exit bill? Why do you not want the UK to get back it's share of the real estate? You can waffle on all you want about about the types of deals you prefer. But the bottom line is that you and many others  are desperate for brexit to fail, and would be happy to see the UK get a punitive, damaging deal than to see the UK get a decent deal with a hard-ish (ie: real) brexit.

Many years ago, people like you were classed as traitors.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, nauseus said:

weirder and weirder

not really, your pension wont be worth much, you can't escape anywhere with it, the good workers with a skill to sell will leave and left over will be the bus drivers and road sweepers,they'll muscle in on the food banks

Just now, soalbundy said:

not really, your pension wont be worth much, you can't escape anywhere with it, the good workers with a skill to sell will leave and left over will be the bus drivers and road sweepers,they'll muscle in on the food banks

The voice of doom, who left the UK forty-odd years ago because he hates the place.

• Like 1

Just now, Khun Han said:

So why do you and most of the other remainers champion the EU side of the negotiations  all the time. Why do you want the UK to pay an extotrtionate exit bill? Why do you not want the UK to get back it's share of the real estate? You can waffle on all you want about about the types of deals you prefer. But the bottom line is that you and many others  are desperate for brexit to fail, and would be happy to see the UK get a punitive, damaging deal than to see the UK get a decent deal with a hard-ish (ie: real) brexit.

Many years ago, people like you were classed as traitors.

Of with their heads,this is a British democracy we don't need any different opinions. Look at what is going on, chaos,brexit is dead.

Just now, Khun Han said:

The voice of doom, who left the UK forty-odd years ago because he hates the place.

I got out quick, worked for me, the last will get killed in the stampede. I have true flag waving Brit family, all in Australia now.

9 hours ago, Khun Han said:
10 hours ago, SheungWan said:

GBPEUR now starting to get less than 1:1 cash. Fantastico! http://tinyurl.com/ycybkmzb

Off he goes again. How's Sterling doing against the US Dollar? That exchange rate used to be your major contribution to the brexit discussions. Is it still below 1.20?

He appears not to want to answer this for some reason, so I'll answer it myself. Sterling is up about NINE percent at a fag paper short of 1.30 as of now, compared to when SheungWan was last gloating about it's demise :biggrin:.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Khun Han said:

He appears not to want to answer this for some reason, so I'll answer it myself. Sterling is up about NINE percent at a fag paper short of 1.30 as of now, compared to when SheungWan was last gloating about it's demise :biggrin:.

No. The USD is down

Check GBP against CHF or SGD. 

GBP is still well down against a basket of currencies.

Edited by Grouse

23 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

being replaced by the middle East. I'm getting quite sick of this topic,time to argue about something else

In view of the fact that you have no personal investment in it, I'm baffled as to why you got so involved in the first place.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, soalbundy said:

I got out quick, worked for me, the last will get killed in the stampede. I have true flag waving Brit family, all in Australia now.

You and your family were both lucky and fortunate. Unfortunately others were not, they have seen how things have changed,and they were Never  asked. Now the remaining British people have decided, enough is enough, they have expressed their increasing angry, in a democratic way, demanding a stop to this national suicide. Just thank your lucky stars, that you departed the UK 45 yrs ago.

On 19/07/2017 at 11:19 AM, goldenbrwn1 said:

You are so right about this thread. I voted remain ...took a while to be honest to get over the result but I did. All I'm trying to do is concentrate on the positives aswell as not ignoring the problems with leaving brexit. Others should really give it a go.......

In the unlikely event , you can  find any positives,  please  keep  us informed .

Good luck,  and fair winds .

Edited by elliss
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, elliss said:

In the unlikely event , you can  find any positives,  please  keep  us informed .

Good luck,  and fair winds .

There have been many positives already mentioned. Please do try and keep up.

• Like 1

On 02/07/2017 at 3:29 PM, Grouse said:

There is a glaringly obvious way to square the circle. I think the whole EU wants to ADJUST the regulations on free movement. I could write suitable clauses in an hour. Then have our Micky Mouse,  Brexiteer government APPLY the damn rules properly.

It's harder than you think.  Cameron's renegotiations made a right hash of the deal to reverse the Metock judgement.  That's the judgement that lets other EU citizens bring their wives in cheaply from outside the EEA.  The form adopted meant that foreign spouses brought in under national laws would only be able to move around freely, even with their husbands, if they became EU citizens (sensu lato).  Metock is also the judgement that makes Surinder Singh a useful tool for importing non-EU spouses to one''s own country.

I think in general you'd need a lot of harmonisation of national immigration laws to make other changes work fairly.

• Like 2

On 12/07/2017 at 1:35 PM, nauseus said:

Repeating myself, the main betrayal was by Heath, who told the electorate that signing the Treaty of Rome would lead to "no essential loss of national sovereignty". Heath later admitted to this lie. I have been in favour of leaving since realizing this and also the extent to which sovereignty has already been lost. Subsequent major constitutional changes along the way (such as Maastricht) should have been referred to the people (referendums) but they weren't. 

You should have heeded Enoch Powell.  He and Tony Benn knew full well that power was being transferred from the member countries to the union.  Mind you, the member countries have retained ultimate sovereignty - in the form of Article 50.  The tragedy has been that the European Parliament has not been taken seriously.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Richard W said:

You should have heeded Enoch Powell.  He and Tony Benn knew full well that power was being transferred from the member countries to the union.  Mind you, the member countries have retained ultimate sovereignty - in the form of Article 50.  The tragedy has been that the European Parliament has not been taken seriously.

Good point that about the Eur. Parliament. It has a fairly low standing in most EU states I think, unfortunately.

It could have served as a democratic channel.

Edited by melvinmelvin
omission
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

I agree with you about religion, though I think you'll find that most of the really disgusting big things happen in the world due to globalism and the desire by powerful, wealthy people and entities to use the world's populations as pawns in their schemes. Brexit is a rebellion against this. It may well yet be hijacked and distorted beyond recognition by globalists. But brexit was the voice of the people.

some of the people, by no means an overwhelming majority and even it had been I reserve the right to disagree. You are right about the general feeling of dissatisfaction with the way society is becoming, my feeling is that it has always been this way but over population and better means of communication (internet) has just made it more apparent, if anything the unbridled greed of European and American businessmen in the 1800's was worse but hidden, the positive effect was that great progress was made which benefited the general population as a whole even though that was a by product. Today, progress which will benefit people is nebulous, in the first and second world most have enough to eat and have reasonable housing so progress is now about quantum computing, finding new building blocks of the universe etc. all very interesting stuff but Joe Bloggs would prefer to watch 'Love Island' and wants a bigger car and better holidays unfortunately so do hundreds of millions of other Joe Bloggs but the elite aren't going to give up their share of the loot or their influence. In a way large blocks like the EU have a way of reducing the elites influence by reducing their number,they get shut down (though not completely) in individual countries and a reduced EU elite take the reigns over a vastly increased population which is for the elite somewhat restricting. Just my view. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

Good point that about the Eur. Parliament. It has a fairly low standing in most EU states I think, unfortunately.

It could have served as a democratic channel.

A very good point !! This is because the member countries don't place as much importance on the EU as they do with their own countries. If greater interest was shown by the member countries they can force through the decisions for increased EU parliamentry power, apathy is a killer and leads to increased power of the elite

Just now, Khun Han said:

Your view is wrong. The constant and relentless white noise against brexit is the globalists (or elite, as you like to call them). People in positions of power tend not to care/be pragmatic. The higher up the scale you go, the less they care/the more pragmatic they are. It's called globalism.

I will take pragmatism over ideology, you won't find a pragmatic Jihadist. In a way pragmatism and ideology are rather like Tory and Labour, one makes the money the other gives it out, Pragmatism built empires and ideology destroyed them. It is the ups and downs, the middle way, we haven't got another, our genetics stops us from being true communists or true Christians, it's all about me, anywhere,everywhere and through all time.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiåååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååå

ååååååååååååå娨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨åujj94yjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjs

ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

rrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Edited by melvinmelvin
wrong step

i
ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

2 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiåååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååååå

ååååååååååååå娨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨åujj94yjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjs

ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

rrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttiiiiiiiiiiiiirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

the above are the views expressed by my brand new kitten,

it only learnt to walk this morning and can now walk over the keyboard, have problems locating the <return> key though

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

I like arguing and I dislike patriotism for the sake of it ( I was born here so I love my country, it's the best in the world ) puts blinkers on you, all manner of foolish and disgusting things happen in the world due to patriotism or religion.

I couldn't agree more. I had a German mum and a French dad, German was my mother tongue, got a French (Alsatian) education, am proudly Australian, have a Korean boy, a Vietnamese girl, a Thai wife and two half Thai girls. I have a lot of contempt for borders, as they exist only within the simple minds. When I look at the future I see the massive resource management issue we will all face, and borders (nationalism) won't help, as the solution may lie, only in global management.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

i
ttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

the above are the views expressed by my brand new kitten,

it only learnt to walk this morning and can now walk over the keyboard, have problems locating the <return> key though

Your kitten makes some very cogent points! Obviously brighter than the typical Brexiter!

• Like 1