Single entry tourist visa question

Hi

Since March 2016, I have came to Thailand three times already. For the previous stay I only have stay for ten days and less. This is my fourth time coming to the country and planned to stay for 90days and plan to do one extension. Therefore in USA, I have applied for a Single Entry Tourist Visa and been approved. On October 19th, as I was entering the BKK, the immigration officer stamp my passport for 30 days only. I have even show him my receipt of the visa. Is it because I came too often previously? How many extensions I can do since I already have arrive at BKK ? Please help me out. Thanks

I am just a bit confused since he only allow me 30 days then what's the point for me to get the tourist visa. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

8 minutes ago, TG2026 said:

show him my receipt of the visa

Receipt? Did you point to the visa sticker in the passport?

Have you entered the visa number on the departure card that you filled before the checkpoint?

I assume no more than a simple error/overlooking visa.

The stamp does not show a visa class. So simple exempt entry.

If they had a reason to ignore your visa they would very likely informed you and directed to a superior.

You have no other chance than visiting an immigration office and get it corrected.

Where do you stay now?

Another case of: check the stamp immediately after the checkpoint and appeal to a superior to get it corrected.

Edited by KhunBENQ

He gave you a 30 day visa exempt entry in error it appears. He did not put a visa class on your entry stamp which would be TR if he had used your visa.

Did you put the visa number on your arrival card.

You can go to an immigration office and have it corrected.

Thanks for the reply. It was my mistake that I didn't look at the passport when he give it back to me. I just assume he notice the visa because i have purposely put the arrival card in between the visa so he can see it right away and I show him the receipt as well. I also did put in the visa number as I fill out the card. Right now I am at Bangkok. Where can I get this fix? Can you provide me the address ? Thanks again 

1 hour ago, KhunBENQ said:

Receipt? Did you point to the visa sticker in the passport?

Have you entered the visa number on the departure card that you filled before the checkpoint?

I assume no more than a simple error/overlooking visa.

The stamp does not show a visa class. So simple exempt entry.

If they had a reason to ignore your visa they would very likely informed you and directed to a superior.

You have no other chance than visiting an immigration office and get it corrected.

Where do you stay now?

Another case of: check the stamp immediately after the checkpoint and appeal to a superior to get it corrected.

I can just explain what happen exactly to them right ? Thank you guys so much!! 

A single entry tourist visa should get you a 60 day stamp "permission to stay" on entry to Thailand.

That can then be extended for another 30 days at your local immigration  by the payment of a 1900 Baht fee.

that gives a total of 90 days, 60 from the original entry stamp, and another 30 days  from the extension.

You SHOULD have recieved a 60 day entry stamp, but the immigration officer may have missed your visa and stamped you for a 30 day visa exempt entry because he or she did not see your originsl visa number.

There is a line on your arrival card that asks for visa number and that is where you should have put your original visa number when you entered Thailand.

This happens often as the visa number is not seen by the immigration officer and therefoe he or she assunes you should be given a 30 day visa exempt entry, which is what you get.

That is one of the reasons you should never leave the entry area without checking your visa stamp as at that time they can correct your stamp easily if you show them your visa in your passport.

Bwlieve me, you are not the first one that this has happened to.

Now if you can show the original visa to your local immigration office, they can correct your entry stamp.

But it may be a hassle to prove the immigration on entry at the airport made a mistake.

Good luck, but it can be done.

17 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

But it may be a hassle to prove the immigration on entry at the airport made a mistake.

Why suggest there will be difficulty or "hassle"?

All the "proof required is clearly visible within the passport.

There will be NO hassle.

18 hours ago, IMA_FARANG said:

A single entry tourist visa should get you a 60 day stamp "permission to stay" on entry to Thailand.

That can then be extended for another 30 days at your local immigration  by the payment of a 1900 Baht fee.

that gives a total of 90 days, 60 from the original entry stamp, and another 30 days  from the extension.

You SHOULD have recieved a 60 day entry stamp, but the immigration officer may have missed your visa and stamped you for a 30 day visa exempt entry because he or she did not see your originsl visa number.

There is a line on your arrival card that asks for visa number and that is where you should have put your original visa number when you entered Thailand.

This happens often as the visa number is not seen by the immigration officer and therefoe he or she assunes you should be given a 30 day visa exempt entry, which is what you get.

That is one of the reasons you should never leave the entry area without checking your visa stamp as at that time they can correct your stamp easily if you show them your visa in your passport.

Bwlieve me, you are not the first one that this has happened to.

Now if you can show the original visa to your local immigration office, they can correct your entry stamp.

Good luck, but it can be done.

It will be no hassle at all, the mistake the I/O made is obvious 

As UbonJoe said there is a special desk a CW to deal with exactly this kind of problem

When I arrived in Bangkok on a 60 day single entry tourist visa they gave me the complete 90 days from 20 Sep to 18 Dec. I was worried that that would give problems later on so I went to Chiang Mai immigration office and they changed to 18 Nov.

Now I have to apply for another 30 days. What kind of paperwork is involved for the extension?

In the last 30 days I will start the transition to an 90 day retirement O visa.

35 minutes ago, molen02 said:

When I arrived in Bangkok on a 60 day single entry tourist visa they gave me the complete 90 days from 20 Sep to 18 Dec. I was worried that that would give problems later on so I went to Chiang Mai immigration office and they changed to 18 Nov.

Now I have to apply for another 30 days. What kind of paperwork is involved for the extension?

In the last 30 days I will start the transition to an 90 day retirement O visa.

You don't have to apply for the extension to do the the non immigrant visa application. You can do it at any now time up to the last 21 days (CM rule) of your entry if you have the financial proof to get it. No 60 day requirement if using money in the bank option.

For the 30 day extension you would need a completed TM7 form with a 4 X 6 cm photo (blue background at CM) attached. Copies of your passport photo page, visa, entry stamp and TM6 departure cared.