Baby orang utans at Phuket Zoo

madmitch

After the debacle with Milo, it appears that Phuket Zoo has now acquired two new baby orang utans. I personally am appalled that a zoo as unsuitable for housing animals as Phuket Zoo can be allowed to keep such animals. It's also pretty much certain that the poor apes will be the latest photo opportunities for those tourists who find pleasure in having their photos taken with endangered species. 

There's a petition on change.org. I have signed it.

https://www.change.org/p/phuket-zoo-phuket-zoo-release-your-new-critically-endangered-bornean-orangutans-to-the-authorities?recruiter=91899728&utm_campaign=signature_receipt&utm_medium=email&utm_source=share_petition

Mods if this link isn't allowed for any reason then by all means delete the link but please leave the rest of the text

So, when I go to the website , there's a headline and a short piece all in English. It finishes with: "please sign your name and help us make this illegal trading of animals stop in Thailand".

The fields where you're supposed to sign are all in Thai language.

Not exactly user friendly for those of us who cannot read Thai. Or am I missing something?

39 minutes ago, macahoom said:

So, when I go to the website , there's a headline and a short piece all in English. It finishes with: "please sign your name and help us make this illegal trading of animals stop in Thailand".

The fields where you're supposed to sign are all in Thai language.

Not exactly user friendly for those of us who cannot read Thai. Or am I missing something?

At the bottom of the page you can change the language. Sorry, I meant to put that in the OP.