Meet the Billionaires of Thailand's Red Bull Fortune  

webfact

The Red Bull heir was not available to comment on "Living a humble life". He was not in the country to answer questions to the reporter or police who want him for allegedly killing one of their own in his high powered  sports car. Morality may be a better attribute than humility.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, dotpoom said:

Amazes me every time a story like this comes up, one could bet one's life on it that practically every post will be written as if the writer knew something that practically everybody in Thailand doesn't know already. Nothing original, just same old same old. Grow up.....this is the real world we live in and it has been going on for centuries. 

Oh come on now - you dont expect them to get a life do you? Surely you understand that they only have whinging on TV about Thais and Thailand, and sucking down beer all day/night. Leave them alone and ignore is my advice to you - they will only argue khrapp and delight in their misery if you respond.

7 minutes ago, SoFarAndNear said:

Looks like Mr Mateschitz is a true and honest businessman. Never tried to trick out someone. Bad examples are Pizza Company and Pepsi in Thailand. 

Did he try to stooge Billl Heineke ?

10 hours ago, webfact said:

With logos emblazoned across the skydiver’s spacesuit, helmet and parachute, the 844 mile-per-hour (1,358 kilometer-per-hour) freefall played out in 13 minutes of heart-stopping videostreamed live on the Internet.

Pity it didn't occur to them to strap the grandson in. He's fond of speed. From 24 miles up, the worst that would have happened would have been him killing himself.

7 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

Besides roaring Ferrari's around downtown while coked up at 4am and killing people with them. 

Just a little exaggeration there, don't you think?  I'm sure there was only one accident involving one car and one death.

6 hours ago, performance said:

Yes and we need to clarify as this article is false. RED BULL is not owned by Thailand. Although they like to advertise it. They own only the distribution rights here. They did not invent anything. Thais are great at talking and selling. They Mai Dai invent.

There is something else that needs to be clarified, Bloomberg did not say that Thailand [sic] owned Red Bull. 

The Yoovidhya family does own 51% of Red Bull GmbH though and you'll find that Chaleo Yoovidhya did invent Krating Daeng.

14 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

There is something else that needs to be clarified, Bloomberg did not say that Thailand [sic] owned Red Bull. 

The Yoovidhya family does own 51% of Red Bull GmbH though and you'll find that Chaleo Yoovidhya did invent Krating Daeng.

So be it then. But the drink was founded in Austria originally. The Thai was not the founding father as they wish to believe.

7 minutes ago, performance said:

So be it then. But the drink was founded in Austria originally. The Thai was not the founding father as they wish to believe.

Whatever, let's believe you and not Bloomberg, after all, who are they, eh?

29 minutes ago, performance said:

"But the drink was founded in Austria originally"

Incorrect, unfortunately.

1. Krating Daeng (Red Gaur) was developed and introduced in Thailand in 1976 by Chaleo Yoovidhya. 

2. In 1984, Austrian businessman Dietrich Mateschitz tasted the drink and then entered into a partnership with Chaleo and they produced a western version which was called Red Bull using Chaleo's original formula, which was later adapted for western tastes by Mateschitz. World marketing of the Red Bull products has been the work of Mateschitz.

3.The Yoovidhya family own 51% of Red Bull as well as owning Krating Daeng..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaleo_Yoovidhya

6 hours ago, little mary sunshine said:

Never spent 1 Baht for their energy BS since

The Family enabled the Murder "run" to Singapore.

rot in hell....Karma

I've never bought any since either. But to be honest I doubt that's gonna dent their profits noticeably. 

Outside Thailand, the sad thing is, no one seems to remember or have heard about it.

Shows the power extreme wealth has over media.

So let's see; caffeine is a legal drug, and hemp will get you put in jail.

Have there been any studies of what % of Thai rapists/law-breakers were high on Red Bull when they committed their crimes?   Judging by the number of empty bottles along every meter of every Thai road, I'd venture at least 50% were wired on Red Bull when committing a crime.   Yet it's not classified as a harmful drug.

5 hours ago, performance said:

The reformulated. and now carbonated Krating Deng was rebranded in the translated version of "Red Bull", and the reformulation and rebranding was done in Austria, but it is a Thai drink with Thais as majority owners.  The slight changes in formulation and the carbonation do not make it an Austrian drink.  Krating Deng and the basic formula for Red Bull are of Thai origin and that is why the now notorious family in questions is as wealthy as they now are.  They didn't get that wealthy selling their energy drink in the crowded Thai energy drink market.  I was drinking some Krating Deng long before Red Bull came out.  But to be honest, I prefer the old school Lipo myself even though it is a few baat more at 7/11.

6 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

"But the drink was founded in Austria originally"

Incorrect, unfortunately.

1. Krating Daeng (Red Gaur) was developed and introduced in Thailand in 1976 by Chaleo Yoovidhya. 

2. In 1984, Austrian businessman Dietrich Mateschitz tasted the drink and then entered into a partnership with Chaleo and they produced a western version which was called Red Bull using Chaleo's original formula, which was later adapted for western tastes by Mateschitz. World marketing of the Red Bull products has been the work of Mateschitz.

He just got lucky,  he made a new drink and suddenly it became world wide success thanks to an Austrian business man.  And here they are,  the billionaire family . 

3 hours ago, boomerangutang said:

So let's see; caffeine is a legal drug, and hemp will get you put in jail.

Have there been any studies of what % of Thai rapists/law-breakers were high on Red Bull when they committed their crimes?   Judging by the number of empty bottles along every meter of every Thai road, I'd venture at least 50% were wired on Red Bull when committing a crime.   Yet it's not classified as a harmful drug.

I'd hazard a guess and say 0%. 

17 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

With such wealth comes responsibility. The young Ferrari driver's parents show a lack of moral responsibility. :sad: 

Why are the parents responsible for their sons actions, is he a minor ?

34 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Why are the parents responsible for their sons actions, is he a minor ?

Who sent him to Singapore? Who instructed the negotiations with the police officer's family? They had a hand in the young fella evading court. Without this help this young man will walk away. But I hope he learns what he has done. Their moral obligation has been to use their influence for their son to ensure he gets the least punishment for killing a police officer while driving a high powered car drunk. The kid needs more than a slap across the back of the head when he got home.

The only one people will remember is the one, Vorayuth Yoovidhya, who was high on cocaine when he dragged a Thai police officer to his death in a Ferrari.  Has Vorayuth even done a single day of penance?  Nope, he ignored all calls to come in and fled to Singapore for a bit.  

Oh, and Redbull, the 'energy' drink, is crap, too.

54 minutes ago, Chris Lawrence said:

Who sent him to Singapore? Who instructed the negotiations with the police officer's family? They had a hand in the young fella evading court. Without this help this young man will walk away. But I hope he learns what he has done. Their moral obligation has been to use their influence for their son to ensure he gets the least punishment for killing a police officer while driving a high powered car drunk. The kid needs more than a slap across the back of the head when he got home.

My bad, did not realise you have first hand knowledge of how it all went down, are you the butler ?