calling the USA using skype or Line premium

ghworker2010

Im trying to call the states with skype or line premium and its not working. Im trying to call apple customer services  001-800-65-6957 and its saying the number is invalid. If they dont have the correct number on their website it might explain why its reported in the press that apples profit is down for the first time in 12 yrs. Or is it that skype etc will not accept 800 numbers? How do I call them if this is the case?

thanks

11 hours ago, ghworker2010 said:

The confusion is that 001 800 656957 is a toll free thai number NOT an american toll free number. <deleted>...

As said drop the 00 and I believe all USA numbers including toll free require a total of 10 digits  800 65 6957 is missing a digit

To call US based 1-800 numbers on Skype, I believe you need to set your location in the 'Dial Pad' to the United States. See the attached screen shot, and select the country from the drop-down menu on the upper left corner. I had the same problem and this worked for me...

Cheers!

Skype Dial Pad.png

• 3 weeks later...

The confusion is that 001 800 656957 is a toll free thai number NOT an american toll free number. <deleted>...

For those who wish to contact Apple Support Thailand call the number 001 800 4412904. 

In the days and hours are 9:00 to 18:00 pm. Monday to Friday.

001 is for using regular phone company, not Skype or internet.  The 001 defines the long distance operator. There is also others such as 00500, etc. If you were using regular phone, you were missing another "1" to define the country code.

As Wanderer said, pick the country in Skype menu and then 800xxxx. (picking the country automatically sets the country code to +1, which is the U.S.A)