Yellow Book in 2 week with visa excempt

Hello,

I only want give a short overview, that it is still possible in less than 2 week to obtain a yellow book including the pink card.

Last Monday I was at the Swiss embassy at 9 clock for translate my passport to (English/Thai). This took about 20 minutes then used BTS till Mo Chit where I used a taxi till Chaeng Wattana (Office Foreign Affairs) to certify the translation. about 11 clock I finished at Cheang Wattana and they told I can pick up my papers on Wednesday (2 days later). There is a fast service if you submit all documents till 9:30.. then it's possible to pick up same day after 14:30. At Chaeng Wattana there was a friendly old lady which helped me to fill out the paper and told me what I had to make copies of. There it is of course a help if you have a Thai speaking and writing friend with you.

So on Wednesday pick up the papers, which took about 20-30 minutes.

Because of the long Weekend in Thailand (October 24. day off) I had an appointment at KlongSan this Wednesday 9 clock morning for the yellow book. At 12 clock i was finished and left the building with my yellow book and the pink ID card.

I had to answer some questions there, so it's a help if you can speak Thai or if you have good friends which help you with the questions.

All together from starting I had the book and card in my hands after 6 working days (I arrived in Thailand Saturday October 15. and finished Wednesday October 26.)

Required:

- Passport

- Certified Papers from Passport (Swiss Embassy with stamp of Foreign Affairs Chaeng Wattana)

- 5 Pictures (3 for Yellow Book, 2 for pink ID card)

- Chanote of Condo and empty Blue Book (I am the owner of the condo)

- 2 Thai Witness (with Thai ID cards)

Costs:

- Translation of Passport (Front Page) from my Embassy (1'440 Baht)

- Certification at Chaeng Wattana (400 Baht)

- Yellow Book (Free)

- Pink ID Card (60 Baht)

I am not sure if I am only was lucky, because I read some stories here which sounded much more complicated.

I suspect, You are one of those guys that gets a parking spot at the sold out sporting event, or upgraded to business class without asking.

Well done. Mine was similar paperwork to yours, my blue book, chanote, Translation of name (used marriage Docs, as that is MFA certified) Mine took 3 visits to Ampher over 3 weeks, I also needed a resident cert from Immigration, and 2 Thai people with IDs and blue book to vouch for me. Cost was the same except a 200 Baht "donation" to the ampher Social club.

19 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Cost was the same except a 200 Baht "donation" to the ampher Social club.

I was under the assumtion, because they had to certify 2 papers the costs would be doubled.

Archived