Bike re-register in other province?

moonseeker

Go into your local LTA and they will sort it out. It will take a little longer as they will need to contact issuing LTA and order 'local' number plate. You will also need to pay the compulsory road tax up to date, but that won't be a great deal.
If it's an older bike, the local vehicle testing place will need to check VIN's too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you kindly. Dilligad. I am the SELLER, so I hand over Green Book & Immigration address confirmation form to new owner and he registers in HuaHin?  Thanks a lot. Never done it myself....Regards.  MS>

Edited by moonseeker

cut and paste from my notes yet again

Foreigner seller needs to supply
certificate of residence from immigration ( should be free at immigration but varies from place to place )
For foreign seller, instead of certificate of residence also work permit or yellow housebook is accepted.
if foreign seller has left Thailand then a signed copy of the exit from Thailand stamp in their passport instead of residence certificate and valid visa stamp.
(Certificate of residence not required in all provinces ?    / DLT's Pattaya requires it )
sometimes the police station will give you this document too.
copy passport photo page
copy of visa page and or extension  ( not expired )
signed  " nungsue moub umnart "  หนังสือมอบอำนาจ ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
signed  "beb  kum kor own le rup own "  แบบคำขอโอนและรับโอน    ขส.บ. ท. - 11 ( if seller is not going with you to DLT )
green/blue book signed by current owner

Give the new owner the documents in the above list

write a receipt ( get new owner to sign)  stating clearly that you sold him the bike on such and such a day

let new owner do the rest.

As said above buyer has to go to his buyer's residence LTA with all papers in order. There they will connect/deal by themselves with the seller's residence LTA for them to "register" the new owner. Then all come back from the seller's residence LTA to the buyer's residence LTA for definitive registration there.

I did it once some years ago. I live in Chiang Mai and bought a big bike registered in Bangkok. All papers in order given at my Chiang Mai LTA. No hassle, no pain: LTA do everything needed.

Just a bit longer: about one month IIRC.

Meanwhile the bike may be riden with copy of the paperwork with no problem...

Just be sure all the paperwork to be in perfect order to avoid some frustration to both sides.

See post above...

Good luck.

18 hours ago, gobs said:

As said above buyer has to go to his buyer's residence LTA with all papers in order. There they will connect/deal by themselves with the seller's residence LTA for them to "register" the new owner. Then all come back from the seller's residence LTA to the buyer's residence LTA for definitive registration there.

I did it once some years ago. I live in Chiang Mai and bought a big bike registered in Bangkok. All papers in order given at my Chiang Mai LTA. No hassle, no pain: LTA do everything needed.

Just a bit longer: about one month IIRC.

Meanwhile the bike may be riden with copy of the paperwork with no problem...

Just be sure all the paperwork to be in perfect order to avoid some frustration to both sides.

See post above...

Good luck.

Sorry, urban myth .. There would be no need to go to the sellers DLT to register and then visit his own DLT.

However, to safeguard the buyer, there is no harm in going to Pattaya DLT with the paperwork to get them to check it all, so there are no hiccups at HH DLT.

Just follow Dilligad's instructions - you have already provided your own answer - the above has been proved nonsense time and time over - even done it myself.

Edited by recom273