the best pizza of my life

logon1

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An interesting dilemma: to spend several thou' on a new 4G phone, just so you can see what I'm about to eat, thereafter I can sit with my friends around the dinner table whilst we all bury our faces in our phones, hmm.

Call me old fashioned but I chose not, all in favour of having a life and an imagination!

Just now, chiang mai said:

An interesting dilemma: to spend several thou' on a new 4G phone, just so you can see what I'm about to eat, thereafter I can sit with my friends around the dinner table whilst we all bury our faces in our phones, hmm.

Call me old fashioned but I chose not, all in favour of having a life and an imagination!

Yet posting your receipts on a forum seems sane? 

Just now, anotheruser said:

Yet posting your receipts on a forum seems sane? 

I already have a scanner on my PC; I'm at home on my own time without company to entertain and without other pressing things to do; I wanted to provide proof to a discussion rather than be seen potentially as somebody who just cam along to support, it took all of thirty seconds to complete:

So yes, why not, what was I supposed to do run out and buy a 4G phone, just to make you happy! Ha!!!

1 hour ago, chiang mai said:

"as everybody has a phone on them these days".

I don't carry a camera phone that connects to the internet, I use a simple 3G phone that has no internet capabilities, that way I don't spend all my time time looking at sh*t when I could be doing something useful, like talking to people face to face during the most of the day rather than surfing whilst eating, walking, taking a dump, driving, etc etc.

BUT, I did happen to keep the receipt from the Dukes, just to prove I wasn't being supportive without a reason. :post-4641-1156694572:

I would find it strange not having internet on my phone.  And I still talk to plenty of people.  I was on Koh Tao last week and the internet there was awful, so I didn't use it much, was kind of nice....

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Are they still cutting the large ones in squares as if for children? And is it so soggy in the middle that you can't hold a square without it flopping over like a piece of wet fish? 

Flavor has always been there, but crusts of baby-food and cut in squares? Not. 

I ask them to cut mine into 6 pieces because i can't eat 8 :thumbsup:

Scandalous!  How can we be sure that is a Duke's pizza and not from Stephen Hawking's kitchen?

Regardless, how much money for that pizza?  

Yeah, and has that 'report post' comment on the top of the page been there for ages, or just today?

2 hours ago, Trujillo said:

Are they still cutting the large ones in squares as if for children? And is it so soggy in the middle that you can't hold a square without it flopping over like a piece of wet fish? 

Flavor has always been there, but crusts of baby-food and cut in squares? Not. 

Haha!

Never understood why they don't cut the pizza into regular slices.

3 minutes ago, jobin said:

Scandalous!  How can we be sure that is a Duke's pizza and not from Stephen Hawking's kitchen?

Regardless, how much money for that pizza?  

Yeah, and has that 'report post' comment on the top of the page been there for ages, or just today?

Report button has been there forever. It is more effective to use it when somebody is trolling than bicker with them. If somebody says something hateful click that and their post disappears much more quickly.

2 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Don't know of late, but Dukes always did a good pizza imo. But best pizza I ever had was in Genoa, Italy. :wink:

Oddly i rode by the old naan bakery location and noticed the sign in the window is said PIZZA

1 hour ago, anotheruser said:

Agreed if you are going to rave take a photo. The exception to this is if you are joining a thread asking for recommendations. If you are posting just one place out of the blue pics are mandatory.

Wow what a great pizza that was. But how am I going to get a photo of it now? anotheruser told me I can't rave about it if I can't send a pic.

Is it OK to wait 24 hours?

41 minutes ago, Andrew C said:

Haha!

Never understood why they don't cut the pizza into regular slices.

Actually, there is a big discussion on FB right now about the cutting of Dukes pizza. 50% of the people in the discussion say that they receive their pizza cut in the traditional manner while the other 50% say they receive it cut square. Now this surprised me because my family loves Dukes and we've ordered pizza there maybe 90+ times over the last 9 years and it always comes cut square. Doesn't matter to me at all.

Cutting it in squares is how you do it for children. Cutting in squares means that most of the pizza pieces do not come with crust attached. 

My guess is the reason they do this is that the inside of the pizza circle is soggy partially because the crust is wafer thin (read: ridiculously thin) and cannot support the juices and weight of the toppings, and the only way to make it passable is to make each "slice" small enough for even Donald Trump's hands to hold. 

If Dukes would make their crusts more than a few nanometers thick, they could cut them into wedge slices like pizza (for adults) has always been and is supposed to be. 

By the way, who cares about photos? Even a Big Mac looks good in a photo. 

we are the ones that invented pizza 

Are you Gino or Mr. Hut? 

I like the, "We have never cut pizza into squares for children in the USA and we are the ones that invented pizza," which is that old, "Since I have never seen it before, it does not exist." 

Chicago pizza, as mentioned earlier, can be cut into squares, but their crust is thick enough to support the concept; Dukes is decidedly not. 

How is cutting it in squares easier to eat. There's no crust to hold on to, and if it's a soggy crust like Duke's, that makes it even harder to eat. Cut  it in a wedge and it's easier to handle, especially for kids.

11 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

How is cutting it in squares easier to eat. There's no crust to hold on to, and if it's a soggy crust like Duke's, that makes it even harder to eat. Cut  it in a wedge and it's easier to handle, especially for kids.

Definitely, more messier and greasier on your fingers.  Good point.  However, I'm pretty sure they serve silverware.  Lastly, some Countries  around the world eat pizza and/or french fries with forks.

The 'square pizza' is a traditional Sicilian style, made with a very thick, almost cake-like crust? 2cm thick is about the norm for that style, and always made in a deep, rectangular pan, that would produce 9 or 12 rectangles about 4 inches x 5 inches. VERY messy to eat with your hands as the sauce and cheese toppings are much heavier than in the typical round pizzas.

Edited by FolkGuitar