Mercedes Benz concept X-Class pickup revealed

kotsak

The Merc pick up will fill a niche market in the same way as their SUV does but if launched in Thailand it will not make an impact on the market.

The Thai pick up market is dominated by the local made trucks and no other company will be able to get their foot in the door.

Volkswagen tried with their Amarok, which is widely popular is most other markets, but failed miserably here.

I seriously doubt that the Fiat Fullback (based on the new Mitsubishi Triton) and the Renault Alaskan (based on the Nissan Navara NP300) will be launched into the Thai market either.

If the speculation of being built/assembled in Thailand too comes true, then it will be a success.

Assume it would be 20% above a Nissan it would surely find buyers who pay for the star.I

I could be tempted :whistling:

http://www.caradvice.com.au/493635/mercedes-benz-x-class-to-be-built-in-spain-but-thailand-not-out-of-the-question/

Edited by KhunBENQ

On 10/28/2016 at 10:36 AM, Kwasaki said:

The Honda truck didn't make it here l doubt if that will.  :biggrin: 

Toyota will be worried in case it replaces all the pick up trucks in war zones with heavy machine guns in the back. 

Honda got bitten here a few years back with the Hiwaymaster Truck. It was a ReBadged Isuzu ,blinged up a bit, but Honda Thai buyers dont like Clonkers, just quiet benzine .Lost a lot of Face and customers trying that Chevy Cruze Daewoo trick.Cant see Honda offering a Diesel here as there are so many other good choices hard to beat.

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Honda got bitten here a few years back with the Hiwaymaster Truck. It was a ReBadged Isuzu ,blinged up a bit, but Honda Thai buyers dont like Clonkers, just quiet benzine .Lost a lot of Face and customers trying that Chevy Cruze Daewoo trick.Cant see Honda offering a Diesel here as there are so many other good choices hard to beat.

Yeah but the Honda that's sold in say Canada would be too expensive because of chassis and suspension designs.

Truck here are basic.

4 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Come on there,part of the fun with a Truck is hanging the arse out when on a quiet track or somewhere safe.Cars won't slide easy without drawing attention,so enjoy the wagging rear now n then.emoji475.png?emoji592.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Hanging the arse out off track OK but the Vigo was my first ownership of a truck and bloody tail wagging it on the road and the feeling the back end going or might be going at anytime made the tummy warning feeling happen too much.

I guess some would say l was driving too fast after being use to driving cars and a fair assessment more than likely would be yes.

I wouldn't have another truck unless is was 4WD if a 2WD it would have to be FWD. 

I liked my Vigo truck after the mods, spacers & suspension but being told to not use 4WD in some road conditions by Toyota IMO was wrong, never mind all the train damage if any l felt safe in 4WD wet or dry.

37 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Fair enough. My truck doesn’t have an electric rear window. But the Honda's towing capability is on par with a car.

48 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

Can you translate that please?

I'm not to sure what your on about or trying to insinuate,  it's not difficult to understand about a truck that has a basic suspension chassis like the ones in Thailand and one that has sophisticated one,  obviously l think the cost of such a truck in Thailand would not get enough sales to warrant selling it here IMO. 

If Merc get to assemble it here then there's another thread for the future.

For the X type to succeed in Thailand it would need a range of genuine Benz sticker options:

"Rescue" tailgate sticker.  50,000 Baht

"Liverpool FC" rear window sticker.  50,000 Baht

"Cartoon boy urinating" tailgate sticker.  20,000 Baht

and the ever popular...

"VIP karaoke" side window sticker.  10,000 Baht 

I'm not to sure what your on about or trying to insinuate,  it's not difficult to understand about a truck that has a basic suspension chassis like the ones in Thailand and one that has sophisticated one,  obviously l think the cost of such a truck in Thailand would not get enough sales to warrant selling it here IMO. 
If Merc get to assemble it here then there's another thread for the future.

I'm insinuating that the 1 ton trucks sold in North America are little different from those sold here. Some will have more tech in the US because until very recently only Ford gave its customers safety aids such as 6 airbags, but others are once again making an effort to catch up.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

2 hours ago, JaseTheBass said:

I'm insinuating that the 1 ton trucks sold in North America are little different from those sold here. Some will have more tech in the US because until very recently only Ford gave its customers safety aids such as 6 airbags, but others are once again making an effort to catch up.

Yeah OK but l see trucks in US and seen the ones Chinese people have coming into Thailand with them are a very different trucks to the ones sold in Thailand.

The trucks here instead of 6 airbags why not build a truck that stays on the road a Ford truck in 4WD would be great l would say the same as my Vigo was.

Yeah OK but l see trucks in US and seen the ones Chinese people have coming into Thailand with them are a very different trucks to the ones sold in Thailand.
The trucks here instead of 6 airbags why not build a truck that stays on the road a Ford truck in 4WD would be great l would say the same as my Vigo was.

All the trucks here except for the Vigo are designed to stay on the road

If I had to have a truck comparable to the Thai trucks and could choose from anywhere in the world the Honda Ridgeline would be my pick.

Unitary chassis instead of the primitive ladder chassis Thai trucks come with.  Independent suspension front and rear.  3.5 litres of Honda V6 making 286 horsepower up front and 4WD as an option.

They sell it for $30K in the US with US production costs factored into the price while we get cave dweller stuff here for the same money.

If I had to have a truck comparable to the Thai trucks and could choose from anywhere in the world the Honda Ridgeline would be my pick.

Unitary chassis instead of the primitive ladder chassis Thai trucks come with.  Independent suspension front and rear.  3.5 litres of Honda V6 making 286 horsepower up front and 4WD as an option.

They sell it for $30K in the US with US production costs factored into the price while we get cave dweller stuff here for the same money.

Well noted ,I saw the Ridgeline over there last visit ,now that is a Near Car Truck. I'm no way anti truck I like them in the U.S., but the things here look stupid trying for that Good Old Boy look with titty engines and great big FORD signs

On 28/10/2016 at 11:31 AM, KhunBENQ said:

If the speculation of being built/assembled in Thailand too comes true, then it will be a success.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/493635/mercedes-benz-x-class-to-be-built-in-spain-but-thailand-not-out-of-the-question/

There is no speculation, from the article you linked to...."Volker Mornhinweg, head of Mercedes-Benz Vans....also stated that the brand will not be selling the Mercedes-Benz X-Class ute in Thailand."

Edited by gdgbb

On 11/2/2016 at 8:39 AM, Ace of Pop said:

Well noted ,I saw the Ridgeline over there last visit ,now that is a Near Car Truck. I'm no way anti truck I like them in the U.S., but the things here look stupid trying for that Good Old Boy look with titty engines and great big FORD signs

Delboys 3.0 turbo broom broom :biggrin:

36120_435855175989_2686535_n.jpg