esl hangman app

samsensam

You should be the application together with the knowledge to divide them into groups and let one group win.

Just divide the class into different groups which only takes two minutes. They only have to remember in what group they are.

Considering that you didn't even mention their age, you're making it to a difficult question.

How should anybody here know their level of English to give you tips what vocabulary you should use?

Why do people always need an application that does the job for them? You''re the teacher and you should know their level.

If you can be more precise, you might get some good advice.   

1 hour ago, lostinisaan said:

You should be the application together with the knowledge to divide them into groups and let one group win.

Just divide the class into different groups which only takes two minutes. They only have to remember in what group they are.

Considering that you didn't even mention their age, you're making it to a difficult question.

How should anybody here know their level of English to give you tips what vocabulary you should use?

Why do people always need an application that does the job for them? You''re the teacher and you should know their level.

If you can be more precise, you might get some good advice.   

clearly you dont understand the phrase 'graded language', it means that within the app it is possible to select vocabulary by english level and/or age relevant to the student.

it's not about getting the app to do my job - actually i dont teach, i work in educational management - but that's by the by, i am researching tools to assist with the teaching of students on a one-to-one basis, to help motivate them by introducing elements of fun/challenge into their learning.

the youth of today live with technology, i'm looking at ways to introduce it into the learning environment

On 10/28/2016 at 10:43 PM, samsensam said:

the youth of today live with technology, i'm looking at ways to introduce it into the learning environment

There is a sherades(not sure of the spelling) game online. It seems to work very well with Thai students at the high school level. Not sure if an app or strictly online.. Sorry not more help, but consider sherades(sp?) vs hangman. Why I'm not finding the spelling is curious, but it's a game where a word is displayed and the students give hints in English without saying the word itself. The teacher or another student attempts to guess the word. Could be done without a phone using cards, or with a phone and/or overhead projector.

Sad..dude....sad...  low tech, high touch.... just think.. when the server goes down they stop learning, can't deal, and they have to speak or interact   IRL.   Clearly our esteemed colleague from Essarn has the chop to let you know he is giving you the teacher's perspective, not a vendor's need.  Spent some time in the classroom.

Really today's youth live in technology, geez how original.. in 12 years time, they will still follow the pattern that has proceeded them.... which is they cannot speak English.

Yes some of the educational games are quite helpful indeed... however, they will never address the need for student to student and..oh, yes, that student to teacher need for interaction.. screen to screen is a poor show interaction...... it is only as good as when it works...

Archived