Roi et

nathan

• 1 month later...

I have a house near Suwannaphum Roi Et, been married to the wife for three years now and have a young son. people say that there's not much to do but thats not true. Just learn to speak Thai and/or Lao and get a motorbike.

Most of my time is spent travelling to work in Europe but when a contract finishes or when I have free time I go to Thailand. There is a night bus that goes from Suwannaphum to Bangkok for 400 baht so the capital is easy to get to.

It is a bit far from Roi-Et, but in two weeks time there will be the Inaugural Meeting of the Expats' Association Of North East Thailand on Saturday 28 June 2003 at 1900.

The venue is Number 1 bar/restaurant at 39/7 Na Muang Road, Central Khon Kaen.

Jim Hannon has organised it. Intending attendees are asked to e-mail Jim  at  , so he gets some idea of the numbers coming and can organise the right amount of free buffet.

If you need directions to find Number 1, the proprietor is the best contact. He is Geoff Abbott, and his telephone number is 09 275 0059. His e-mail is  .

The Guest Speaker will be Peter Reading, British Embassy North East Representative.

But don't let that mislead you into thinking that this is just a Brits thing. All nationalities equally welcome.

Pattaya expats have pioneered the way forward. It is up to us to see to what extent we can/should follow.