What would you have Done?

NoshowJones

I travelled 170 Ks since filling my bike up (Forza 300) now, still registering over half full, last fuel stop before travelling

through hilly wooded country. The fuel attendant started refilling before I had the chance to check the pump, which

then showed 240 Bt worth of fuel. I then accused the attendant of cheating, he just shrugged his shoulder, I told him to get 

his boss, she said I must pay the full amount which I estimate should have been about 100 Bt less. I told the boss what I thought

of the attendant, he had then disappeared. At least the attendant did not get the 100Bt in his pocket. I know it is only 100 Bt, but 

what about the principle? What would you have done?

Edited by seedy
Font

You payed the inflate price, yes?

So how you figure the attendant didn't get his 'tip'?

Always prudent to verifying 'zero' before pumping.

You didn't have a chance to do that.?

How so?

Another confusing story, Possum.

The Forza 300 seems to have a 11.6L tank, let's say 11L when filled up. It also seems to consume about 3.5L per 100km so you would have used roughly 3.5*1.7 =~ 6L. That matches your description of half a tank showing full. So you can put another 5-6L in there at a price of 26THB that would be 160THB worst case.

The only way the bill could come to 240THB is if it wasn't filled up properly the last time, leaving say 3L additional space and then on the current fillup they gave you Gold 95 at Caltex for 34THB per liter and filled up 7L.

I've experienced a hand full of gasoline station attendants making mistakes or outright cheating. Better get used to watching the fuel meter and always count the change.

I wonder though how he'd cheat in that case. I don't think they can modify the meter easily to inflate the per liter price nor start at 100THB. Was it one of those old small gasoline stations?

What I would do in this case? Shrug it off and not go to the same station again.

If l didn't pay attention for a 100 baht l wouldn't bother.

Are you sure about reset of trip readout ? 

Was it filled up in the first place ?

What fuel and price ?

Usual pumps reset at next fill.

8.5 litre aprox @ 240 baht @ 28 bht per ltr. your bike averages 20 kilos to 1 ltr.

3 hours ago, eisfeld said:

The Forza 300 seems to have a 11.6L tank, let's say 11L when filled up. It also seems to consume about 3.5L per 100km so you would have used roughly 3.5*1.7 =~ 6L. That matches your description of half a tank showing full. So you can put another 5-6L in there at a price of 26THB that would be 160THB worst case.

The only way the bill could come to 240THB is if it wasn't filled up properly the last time, leaving say 3L additional space and then on the current fillup they gave you Gold 95 at Caltex for 34THB per liter and filled up 7L.

I've experienced a hand full of gasoline station attendants making mistakes or outright cheating. Better get used to watching the fuel meter and always count the change.

I wonder though how he'd cheat in that case. I don't think they can modify the meter easily to inflate the per liter price nor start at 100THB. Was it one of those old small gasoline stations?

What I would do in this case? Shrug it off and not go to the same station again.

Yes, they were both as you say, one of those small gasoline stations.

3 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

If l didn't pay attention for a 100 baht l wouldn't bother.

Are you sure about reset of trip readout ? 

Was it filled up in the first place ?

What fuel and price ?

Usual pumps reset at next fill.

8.5 litre aprox @ 240 baht @ 28 bht per ltr. your bike averages 20 kilos to 1 ltr.

1 You have a point there. 2 Yes. 3 Yes, I had no reason to be suspicious about anything. 4 Not sure exactly, I just knew there was not another filling station for ages, so I just filled up. It looks like my bike is using too much fuel.

There is one petrol station in Pattaya that are notoriously know to cheat (mostly 4 wheelers) but on a bike it pretty easy to check if the pump is on zero before they start pumping, in a car you will have to get out.

Forget about it and move on, 100baht or 3$ in noting. Some guys marrying the most sexy girl in the go-go sometimes got shafted out of +3 mill baht.

The fuel cap is under the seat on scooters, right.

When you pull up along side the pump, check the reading on the pump before getting off your scooter.

:smile:

Problem solved. 

Make a little jingle out of it, and sing it to yourself every time you pull into a gas station.

"Check the pump, before the scooter stops.

Check the pump, before the scooter stops.

Check the pump, before the scooter stops."

To the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody. 

And you're good forever. 

Edited by Happy Grumpy

14 minutes ago, Happy Grumpy said:

When you pull up along side the pump, check the reading on the pump before getting off your scooter.

LOL...have you ever been at a Thai gas station?

Most, if not all guys, will reset the reading to zero, just before they start filling your tank.

13 minutes ago, retoocs01 said:

LOL...have you ever been at a Thai gas station?

Most, if not all guys, will reset the reading to zero, just before they start filling your tank.

Exactly.

Sit there until you see pump lifted up and the reading reset to zero.

It's quick and easy to dismount off a scooter after that. Just slide off the Forza Scooter seat. 

Does the Forza Scooter unlock the seat via a switch on the center column, or via key on the rear faring above the back wheel? 

Edited by Happy Grumpy

1 hour ago, DILLIGAD said:

They are not under the seat of a Forza (or PCX). There is a rocker switch by key lock to unlock the cover to fuel cap between handlebars and seat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scooters, nowadays, they're great.

Don't even need to slide off the seat to fill her up.

12 hours ago, Happy Grumpy said:

:smile:

Problem solved. 

Make a little jingle out of it, and sing it to yourself every time you pull into a gas station.

"Check the pump, before the scooter stops.

Check the pump, before the scooter stops.

Check the pump, before the scooter stops."

To the tune of Bohemian Rhapsody. 

And you're good forever. 

Wrong, on a Forza, it is in front of you, all you do is press a switch and it opens.