Are they going through with the WS demolition?

Hal65

They may as well tear it down. The current Government does not like GoGo Bars and prostitution and they are going to get rid of it. The Army is in control of Pattaya and they don't care what the prior administration did. They will tear down the beach side and eventually force out the other side. Walking street will become a place for shops and restaurants that cater to Asians and middle class Thais. Most of the Pattaya nightlife will be moved out and exist in limited numbers on side streets. Westerners will not come anymore and that is exactly what the powers to be want. Those who want to survive need to be looking for alternate locations now or sell out.

On 10/30/2016 at 4:44 PM, fforest1 said:

Nightlife and shopping malls are about all Pattaya has to offer..

The pitiful beach with the black and green sea water does qualify

as a tourist attraction...

If walking street was torn down that would be a severe blow to Pattaya...

No one and I mean No one comes to Pattaya for the beach except

for maybe the Russians and Thais...And no tourist comes to Pattaya

just to shop...

Pattaya needs walking street badly......

Dont forget the "wildlife" on the beach at night............................RATS

On 10/30/2016 at 10:38 AM, JSixpack said:

The mighty TVF Pointing Finger Of Justice has now turned from the deflated jet ski scam to the Walking St. businesses. We may expect some self-righteous fingering in every thread now. And whenever "The Authorities" try to right some other wrong (only for brown envelopes, heh heh), the Finger will simply sneer and point to the real issue.

pointing-finger.jpg

You may not think your post was subtle, but that whooshing sound you hear is the essence of the point you were making flying far above the heads of the intended targets.

On 10/30/2016 at 10:20 AM, Guderian said:

That's right, destroy Pattaya's main tourist attraction, that'll ensure the city's future.

And think of the unintended consequences as the tourists that it attracts (many of whom are TV posters who claim they would never come to Pattaya) are set free to wander away from Beach Road.

zombies.jpg.

On 30-10-2016 at 4:20 AM, Guderian said:

That's right, destroy Pattaya's main tourist attraction, that'll ensure the city's future.

Well they dont care, new rules so execute. I saw Surin beach Phuket where they also cleared all, its just a big mess overthere as they dont clear quite well. And aswell a place on a hill where there should have been a resort or so, but broken down, aswell not cleared totally , so messy.

So Pattaya break down ? Very possible.

Also wonder what is going to happen with the biggest building in Bangkok, as this one seems to be illegal too !!!!

Due to Thai law it should be broken down then. Yiehaaaaa

2 hours ago, Thaidream said:
2 hours ago, Thaidream said:

They may as well tear it down. The current Government does not like GoGo Bars and prostitution and they are going to get rid of it. The Army is in control of Pattaya and they don't care what the prior administration did. They will tear down the beach side and eventually force out the other side. Walking street will become a place for shops and restaurants that cater to Asians and middle class Thais. Most of the Pattaya nightlife will be moved out and exist in limited numbers on side streets. Westerners will not come anymore and that is exactly what the powers to be want. Those who want to survive need to be looking for alternate locations now or sell out.

If they ever actually do it, which I doubt, with a robust marketing campaign to shake off the brothel-by-the sea-image, Westerners would surely visit Pattaya. The only people that would stop going are sex-tourists.  There would also probably be a mass exodus of resident sex-pats. 

Speculative nonsense. Where is the evidence that gogo bars are being targeted? Raids have always happened and bars that don't follow the rules are punished. There is zero evidence that the current regime have any different attitude or plan for places like Pattaya, Soi Cowboy, Nana or Patpong. There is no need to panic or get upset!

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

32 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Speculative nonsense. Where is the evidence that gogo bars are being targeted? Raids have always happened and bars that don't follow the rules are punished. There is zero evidence that the current regime have any different attitude or plan for places like Pattaya, Soi Cowboy, Nana or Patpong. There is no need to panic or get upset!

Correct. There's absolutely no need for needless speculation or panic as they will simply disappear overnight; no 30-days notice, no 2-minute warning, nada!

Correct. There's absolutely no need for needless speculation or panic as they will simply disappear overnight; no 30-days notice, no 2-minute warning, nada!

That's certainly possible for buildings which have been "illegally" constructed. Although when it has happened, in Phuket and Samui, notices were given.

However, this has nothing to do with the sex industry. All illegally constructed businesses were affected.

3 hours ago, lumply said:

Some parts of the London Thames are clean enough to support salmon and other fish. How long have you been away from Blighty

As usual on TVF he probably hasn't been there in 10, 20 maybe who knows how many years.  Good for a huge city like London for cleaning up a great river.  A "sister " river in Boston the Charles river has been cleaned up recently and all sorts of fish and wildlife are doing quite well now.  

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

If they ever actually do it, which I doubt, with a robust marketing campaign to shake off the brothel-by-the sea-image, Westerners would surely visit Pattaya. The only people that would stop going are sex-tourists.  There would also probably be a mass exodus of resident sex-pats. 

Think most people here forget about the internet,.

You don't need a bar to find a cute one,   for the night or for  life.

So why would sex tourists stop coming ? or why would all the

ex pats leave ?

Pattaya is a great place for many other reasons, loads to do.

after you have finished for the night with your latest cute one.

Thailand will never in 100 years loose the,   love you long time image.

no matter how much veneer they use.

Well im off out  for a few chang's,     before all  the Go-Go's 

massage shops and Bars close, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    yeah right :stoner:

BTW   There are bars for Thai guys as well

in Thailand.

Edited by onemorechang

12 hours ago, onemorechang said:

Think most people here forget about the internet,.

You don't need a bar to find a cute one,   for the night or for  life.

So why would sex tourists stop coming ? or why would all the

ex pats leave ?

Pattaya is a great place for many other reasons, loads to do.

after you have finished for the night with your latest cute one.

Thailand will never in 100 years loose the,   love you long time image.

no matter how much veneer they use.

Well im off out  for a few chang's,     before all  the Go-Go's 

massage shops and Bars close, !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    yeah right :stoner:

BTW   There are bars for Thai guys as well

in Thailand.

I don't know, I just assume the vast majority of sex-tourists wouldn't be able to meet someone that wasn't a working girl.  The same reason they can't do so in their own countries.  If there's no brothels [in whatever form they may take], then they would have scant opportunities form a relationship or even have a one-night stand with a woman [Thai or non-Thai] that wasn't a hooker.  As for ex-pats, I don't think they would leave, but the sex-pats most likely would as there'd be no reason for them to stay anymore.  They're only there for one reason.  Anyway, I am actually speaking out of turn in many ways as although I've lived in Bangkok for 10 years, I've only been to Pattaya once with a friend and we managed to last about a day and half before leaving because of the presence of so many Western degenerates.  Ii found it depressing.  But to each his own.   

Edited by Rimmer
quote fixed

1 hour ago, stephen tracy said:

I don't know, I just assume the vast majority of sex-tourists wouldn't be able to meet someone that wasn't a working girl.  The same reason they can't do so in their own countries.  If there's no brothels [in whatever form they may take], then they would have scant opportunities form a relationship or even have a one-night stand with a woman [Thai or non-Thai] that wasn't a hooker.  As for ex-pats, I don't think they would leave, but the sex-pats most likely would as there'd be no reason for them to stay anymore.  They're only there for one reason.  Anyway, I am actually speaking out of turn in many ways as although I've lived in Bangkok for 10 years, I've only been to Pattaya once with a friend and we managed to last about a day and half before leaving because of the presence of so many Western degenerates.  Ii found it depressing.  But to each his own.   

1.5 days, you pushed the boat out there then.

Still don't get why you think sex pats / Sex tourist  wont come or the ones here will leave.   do you think sex pats / sex tourist just sit in  bars all day playing with girls ? if you do your a bit out of date.

your find a lot of them on the golf courses, and other places round town, like i said loads to do in this town.

Also slagging off pattaya is so easy to do.

im  just amazed at the resent influx of people writing on the pattaya forum from afar,   that dislike the place and the people.

These people  all must have an very  exciting life,    if they are having to trawl the sub forums of Tv for there kicks.

Edited by onemorechang

6 minutes ago, stephen tracy said:

These people  all must have an very  exciting life,    if they are having to trawl the sub forums of Tv for there kicks.

You're on here aren't you?  What happened? Did the Go-Go bars close?  Of course they would leave.  Without the rent-a-girlfriend the golf just wouldn't be the same. 

Ha Ha, 

Jomtien was not all closed  tonight  . but cant have to many

Changs,  ( nudge nudge wink wink,  remember me   saying about the internet

I love Thailand, and its golf tomorrow if its not raining

win win !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

The beaches around Thailand are Crown Property and come under the responsibility of the Military. Over the past 30 years they have tried to demolish the beachside illegally built properties that go back to the days of the Vietnam War, when Pattaya became an R&R destination. Previous attempts to have the properties demolished have stopped after they found that certain influential politicians had interests in some of the properties. The difference now is that we have a Military Government who have the power to finally demolish the illegal buildings. I have been visiting Pattaya and walking street for years but in the past few years it has become marred by hoards of lines of Chinese Tourists marching up and down led by a person with a flag.

12 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

There are many degenrates in Pattaya however there is no need to interact with them. if one goes about their daily business, be it work, with family, friends or shopping, life, they are not an issue, the only time it becomes an issue is when you frequent the same places as them.

14 hours ago, stephen tracy said:

While your first line assumption applies to many. It is also true that many foreign males in Pattaya of any category , visitors or long term are here because they prefer Asian women and have no interest in Western women whatsoever. 

Edited by morrobay
add

On 30/10/2016 at 5:08 AM, LennyW said:

Red light districts? i thought majority of the beach side was restaurants.

Perhaps half of it. A few G0-Go Bars, boxing rings, music bars and discos in the mix. The '101 businesses' as it has been referred to. The tourist trap restaurants are a big attraction, nice places to eat for ambiance, but are of course truly 'illegal' being built out over the beach and sea.  My bet is they will not do anything, but I have a general air of expecting nothing to get done that impacts local business badly. I was surprised by the clearing up of Bali Hai and the burying of cables.

Pattaya is not dying......it's changing and it's changing the targeted tourists as well.

Beach front will be high end and posh and the famous night-attractions will be moved to the area in between 2nd road and 3rd road.

The large hotel-chain-land-purchases is mainly done to serve the (Asian) 3 star tourists (eg. Holiday Inn Express)......a popular name for a "short time" hotel :)

1 hour ago, joepattaya1961 said:

Pattaya is not dying......it's changing and it's changing the targeted tourists as well.

Beach front will be high end and posh and the famous night-attractions will be moved to the area in between 2nd road and 3rd road.

The large hotel-chain-land-purchases is mainly done to serve the (Asian) 3 star tourists (eg. Holiday Inn Express)......a popular name for a "short time" hotel :)

High End Posh? Lets not get carried away here...