All boats are banned from Balihai pier in Pattaya as of November 1

rooster59

The lifting berth equipment at the marina looks to be 'missing' or has that been deemed infeasible and removed long ago, like the automatic car park?

Never understood the need to tow out the boat every night? is the boat that shoddily constructed that it'd rot through the wood core if they were left in the water? back home dry docking is only for wintering 

35 minutes ago, johng said:

Pattaya news photos

14937302_1691699787814980_6730609451378538423_n.jpg14639657_1691699801148312_4390270298943287634_n.jpg

So alot of the speedboats are making an improvised mooring at the marina. Although  it is in disarray it has a breakwater  and if not prohibited i expect it to fill up.

Edited by morrobay
add

Problem is that now there are speedboats moored along every meter of pattaya beach and a lot more moored offshore. Looks worse than before. Should be interesting when the first storm rolls in.

Also, there were about 3 boats using the jomtien 11 pier. That area will become a nightmare if ever 300 boats go through here morning and night.

On 10/30/2016 at 4:35 PM, Asiantravel said:

there will be even less customers now for the automated car park because how many drivers will be prepared to pay to go through the hassle of using that facility when there will be so much free street parking available?

you just revealed  a solution to "Waterfront building vs The City of Pattaya" ongoing parking  disagreement and the search for the extra parking space

When the speedboats were parked in the yard at Bali Hai they were fuelled there from plastic 20litre water cans. Now this fuelling will take place along Pattaya and Jomtien beach.

Even before the move you could see 10 to 20 petrol filled plastic cans stacked up on the side walk along Pattaya beach. That is 300 to 400 litres of petrol waiting to go up in flames at any time.

What will happen now is that beach road will be filled with pickup trucks full of unsafe petrol cans. I assume it is illegal to transport all this fuel in that way as a traffic accident could end in a disaster. There will probably be spills when hundreds of speed boats will try to refuel in the swell near the beach. There will be thousands of litres of petrol stacked up along beach road that would be a real fire hazard.

The only place anywhere near Pattaya where there is a petrol pump on the dock is in Ocean Marina, Na Jomtien. No speed boat will go all the way down there to fuel as it will take those 30 minutes to go down and back and cost them around 300Baht per trip. The fuel there is also more expensive than at a normal petrol station.

300 or more  boats will constitute a nightmare wherever they end up for loading/unloading.The daily commute of thousands of (mainly Chinese) tourists to a nearby island would naturally be a logistical nightmare for any city!.  The solution is a few scheduled ferries every day.That will eliminate most if not all of the problems.

When mafia boats started their business 10+ years ago, there were only handful of tourists going back and forth to Koh larn.Today it's a different story.The problem turned into "the elephant in the room" and army had to intervene.

Nothing in Pattaya is designed for this kind of population.

That's the reason why you see thousand of overhead electrical wires hanging!

Street flooding is a daily occurrence!

Beach erosion which was under control for decades, can not be controlled anymore.

Trash,insects,rats is further results of this.

Condemn me ,I don't care.I will still do my warning.

Westerners aren't coming back in near future and if nothing is done, you can even kiss the Chinese good-bye soon!

12 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

The daily commute of thousands of (mainly Chinese) tourists to a nearby island would naturally be a logistical nightmare for any city!.

Where are those thousands of Chinese tourists? Haven't noticed them for a while, unless they these days walk from China to Pattaya.

5 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

Where are those thousands of Chinese tourists? Haven't noticed them for a while, unless they these days walk from China to Pattaya.

tourists may be staying away for a while for a reason or two, but it doesn't mean they are not coming back very soon

4 minutes ago, pattayadude said:

tourists may be staying away for a while for a reason or two, but it doesn't mean they are not coming back very soon

The Chinese had disappeared before that reason or two even came into existence.

The reason they are gone is because the Thai government shut down their business, and since they don't have an intention to allow the zero Baht tours again, they will not be back anytime soon.

1 hour ago, pattjock said:

When the speedboats were parked in the yard at Bali Hai they were fuelled there from plastic 20litre water cans. Now this fuelling will take place along Pattaya and Jomtien beach.

Even before the move you could see 10 to 20 petrol filled plastic cans stacked up on the side walk along Pattaya beach. That is 300 to 400 litres of petrol waiting to go up in flames at any time.

What will happen now is that beach road will be filled with pickup trucks full of unsafe petrol cans. I assume it is illegal to transport all this fuel in that way as a traffic accident could end in a disaster. There will probably be spills when hundreds of speed boats will try to refuel in the swell near the beach. There will be thousands of litres of petrol stacked up along beach road that would be a real fire hazard.

The only place anywhere near Pattaya where there is a petrol pump on the dock is in Ocean Marina, Na Jomtien. No speed boat will go all the way down there to fuel as it will take those 30 minutes to go down and back and cost them around 300Baht per trip. The fuel there is also more expensive than at a normal petrol station.

you are right with your analogy as far as how petrol for all of these boats is being stored and the dangers as a result of this. it's also a fact that beaches of Pattaya are filthy and thousands of tourists need to make daily trips to nearby islands where the water is clean.When there is such huge demand , it's the duty of a government, ministry of tourism to start looking for another solution such as scheduled ferries. Because the way this is being handled, some 500 boats and problems associated with such number including docking,transportation, public safety, boat safety standards,traffic, environmental hazards and pollution etc would eventually become unbearable.

14 minutes ago, Anthony5 said:

The Chinese had disappeared before that reason or two even came into existence.

The reason they are gone is because the Thai government shut down their business, and since they don't have an intention to allow the zero Baht tours again, they will not be back anytime soon.

zero baht hotels,zero baht tours, zero baht to spend while parading up and down the WS? you don't need that kind of cheap tourist then.Kudos to the army!Time to change the ways and attract different tourists

the chinese have not vanished but their numbers are greatly down.

i can see the 9 parachute platforms in the bay (as i type this) and the number up at 10.00 in the morning is 18...........i did a count half an hour ago and it was 19.

earlier in the year the count around this time on a fine day like this morning would be in the region of 35/40.

so down about 50 %.................but not gone.

large number of speedboats being anchored in pattaya bay at night.

old main storage site that was cleared on 31 st now being cleaned and the launch ramp has been destroyed.

50 minutes ago, striderman said:

the chinese have not vanished but their numbers are greatly down.

i can see the 9 parachute platforms in the bay (as i type this) and the number up at 10.00 in the morning is 18...........i did a count half an hour ago and it was 19.

earlier in the year the count around this time on a fine day like this morning would be in the region of 35/40.

so down about 50 %.................but not gone.

large number of speedboats being anchored in pattaya bay at night.

old main storage site that was cleared on 31 st now being cleaned and the launch ramp has been destroyed.

Korean and Taiwanese also use the parachutes and other tourist attractions, and are not part of Zero Baht tours, that is probably the people you notice now.

The buses with the Korean and Taiwanese tourists are the only ones I still see around at the usual locations.

Hannah tours caters to Koreans.

On 10/30/2016 at 1:22 PM, Asiantravel said:

this is quite incredible and I've never seen any situation go from normal day-to-day calm to this kind of relentless and speedy pressure.

does anyone know what has prompted this  ? There would have to be some motive

A previous article about this mentioned the upcoming Pattaya yacht/boat show being held at Ocean Marina, I thought at the time there might be some underlying correlation, additional lay down area, etc. 

Edited by 55Jay

report here of the reason for the clear out 

http://manager.co.th/Local/ViewNews.aspx?NewsID=9590000111261

the nice men in green want the area for  "ASEAN International Fleet Review 2017"

Another 575 million baht to be spent on a new "marina"  ( yes another one )

179 million baht to be spent renovating the old " marina"

100 million baht for "reception buildings"