Pattaya Car Rental Question

thaimee

Any personal experiences with Korean Restaurant/ Car Rental:

I'm aware of a Korean owned restaurant on Central Road, just before Foodland and after the furniture Warehouse that has ocassionaly promotes a car rental service.

Has anyone seen the promotion in the front screen of two jeeps outside?

One Jeep is Black and the other is Grey. The sign in the window tell's us we can rent the Jeep for 450 baht a day. The black Jeep look's too small and the spare wheel is bald. However the grey Jeep looks to be in good order and is also the same rental price.

Q: Has anyone rented a Jeep from the Korean restaurant or inquired about the rental promotion?

The price seems to be too cheap and I sense there could be hidden charges!

Q: Has anyone rented a Car (manual or automatic) in Pattaya at 450-500-600 baht a day and has been satisfied with the insurance policy ?

Thaimee.

thaimee

you can rent a jeep from me for 600 baht daily, inclusive off 1st class and third party RENTAL insurance, bail bond, 24 hour breakdown and recovery unlimited km's. You can get a Toyota Soluna Manual on a long term contract at under 500 Baht a day, or the above jeep at 361 Baht a day long term.

Don't mess with car rentals, go to legitimate companies.

PM me if you want to know more.

thaimee

you can rent a jeep from me for 600 baht daily, inclusive off 1st class and third party RENTAL insurance, bail bond, 24 hour breakdown and recovery unlimited km's. You can get a Toyota Soluna Manual on a long term contract at under 500 Baht a day, or the above jeep at 361 Baht a day long term.

Don't mess with car rentals, go to legitimate companies.

PM me if you want to know more.

On my next vacation I was thinking of renting a car for @ 1 week.

I have a couple of questions for you.

1.Do you sell insurance that will cover accidents of all types? I have heard of Thai's purposly running into cars driven by farangs in order to get money from them. Naturally every accident would be the farangs fault.

2.Would I be able to take the car to Prachinburi for @ 1 week?

3. What would be the cost of rental plus insurance per day?

4. Is an International drivers liscense good enough for Thai police or will they still require tea money?

thanks for any info you can give me.

madfrankie, no crv's, and they are bloody expensive to rent.

padkapow guy,

1)!st class rental insurance covers you when you are driving a rental car for all accidents. Normally you will have to pay the first 5000 Baht of the accident. You can take out additional CDW insurance which will reduce the amount of detuctable you have to pay by 50% or 100%. 3rd party insurance is the basic government required insurance everyone by law should have, lol! Don't believe the hype, not all accidents are farang fault, all my accidents so far the Thais have admitted liability.

2) Yes you can

3) Depends on the car you want

4) International is required by law in Thailand, however the police will accept a national licence. But remember they will want to see your passport too. If you produce both and you've done nothing wrong then usually no tea money is required.

wcr, thanks. i will call at a later date since i can refer to this posting any time. i shan't be driving the car but my girlfriend will be interested. the quotes sound most fair and tempting. keep up the good work. cheers.....

as for other's turning to scams........

1.Do you sell insurance that will cover accidents of all types? I have heard of Thai's purposly running into cars driven by farangs in order to get money from them. Naturally every accident would be the farangs fault.

seems i did have a point about Thai's in pattaya up to no good but no one's coming forward giving me instances which I can learn from. so thanks very much Padkapow Guy for the insight. i'll assume it's true.

Thaimee.

thaimee

I don't think you are right about Thai's in Pattaya up to no good. I am certainly not aware of Thai's driving in to farang on purpose.

I think the general rule of thumb in the whole of Thailand is that if you are unfortunant to get in to an accident with a car and its not your fault, the chances are the other person will be insured and they are normally fairly good at owning up to thier mistake, this is my experience.

However, motorbikes are a different thing. 99% of them aren't insured and if a bike hits you whether you are Thai or Farang you will be responcible. Why? Because you are bigger!!! This is true believe it or not. If you are also a farang then they will want to get more money from you.

• 1 month later...

I have been renting cars from wcr for over three months now. I rent at the cheap end of the market and so the cars are a little older (1996), not perfect and do have the occasional problem.

That having been said, I cannot fault the proprietor who at any time of the day or night responded with immediate assistance and took all steps to not only rectify the problems but put me into an alternative vehicle (often his own) so that I was not unduly inconvenienced.

I would offer my recommendation without hesitation!