Terror attacks rock three southern Thai provinces

webfact

Terror attacks rock three southern provinces

ta.jpg

NARATHIWAT: -- Southern insurgents launched a series of coordinated attacks in three southern provinces late Wednesday night and early Thursday setting ablaze petrol stations, ATMs, firing at security personnel, burning car tyres on roads, and bombing power poles.

The terror attacks left two security guards of a car show room in Chana district dead, and three injured at a petrol station in Thepa district, both in Songkhla province.

Security officials said the Muslim insurgents launched six terror attacks in Pattani, two in Narathiwat and four in Songkhla.

They said the attacks appeared to be centred on ATM machines at petrol stations in Thepa district of Songkhla, and Nong Chik in Narathiwat.

In Songkhla, the target of terror attack was a ATM machine in front of the PTT petrol station near Phra Bhud intersection in Thepa district. Here three people were injured in the bomb attack.

Meanwhile insurgents also opened fire at the Isuzu car showroom in Chana district, killing two security guards.

Insurgents also blasted power poles on the Phetkasem highway to Hat Yai wth explosives, falling two power poles.

In Pattani, the insurgents also fired at electricity transformers on power poles, blasted the poles with explosives in Nong Chik, and bombed a convenient store inside the PTT petrol station in Yaring district.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/terror-attacks-rock-three-southern-provinces/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-11-03

This Country is in mourning and this culture, which has no respect for human life, even among their sects, is busy killing and destroying property.  

It has been going on for years here and since 632 A.D. in other parts of the world. This culture has a literacy rate of 6.5% world wide and believes fanatical teaching of a thief, murder and pedifile . The World could do with out of them !!

Live by the sword, die by the sword !

I really don't know what the issues are down south. sounds Alot like the Irish thing in North Ireland. I quess it's a religious thing. maybe I should study a little more on the subject. people need to get a long..that's what every human wants. a peaceful life to raise their family. so sad this stuff happens.

49 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

I really don't know what the issues are down south. sounds Alot like the Irish thing in North Ireland. I quess it's a religious thing. maybe I should study a little more on the subject. people need to get a long..that's what every human wants. a peaceful life to raise their family. so sad this stuff happens.

Mainly seperatism fueled by their different religion and culture, although the thai government tries to play this down.

The authorities add a lot of fuel to the fire with their own inept actions, 10 years later there is still not even an apology for the Tak Bai massacre I think? I agree there are similarities to the IRA, except in this case both sides are less effective: the insurgents attacking their own people and being unclear in their goal/message, and the govt by not taking it seriously and wishing it away.

Edited by Changwatchap

55 minutes ago, Beats56 said:

No need to study, its the same old shit Muslims and their stupid death to all others culture. If you google how many deaths in southern Thailand since 2003 you will be astounded especially when the deaths are mainly nurses and teachers. It would be headlines anywhere in the world except if the mainstream media was not gagged.

1 hour ago, Beats56 said:

I'm no expert but as far as I know the border has moved backwards and forwards between Thailand and Malaysia over the years. This has led to a disparate population. Add to this that some areas were even autonomous areas too it makes for a mess. I think that the problems are partly because 'they' wish to make the area autonomous again. 

To add to all this mess lovely Mr T ordered the Kru Se massacre while in charge. There was also an incident where 'protesters' were rounded up, piled in the back of trucks, read one on top of another then driven round the extra long route to the detention center. When they finally arrived many had died from the heat, exhaustion and ultimately suffocation. Why no one cites this as reason alone for Mr T to be on trial I don't know. 

It's also said that many insurgents are actually Indonesians too. 

A little info there.... 

oh yrs Take Bai AND Kru Se

Edited by BigFun

9 hours ago, gchurch259 said:

This Country is in mourning and this culture, which has no respect for human life, even among their sects, is busy killing and destroying property.  

It has been going on for years here and since 632 A.D. in other parts of the world. This culture has a literacy rate of 6.5% world wide and believes fanatical teaching of a thief, murder and pedifile . The World could do with out of them !!

Live by the sword, die by the sword !

Where do you get the 6.5% stat??? Unbelievable. Why do people make such stuff up or repeat it uncritically?? Just consider that the literacy rate in the nation with the most Muslims in the world, Indonesia, is 94%. Pakistan, the next largest, has a 60% literacy rate. Bangladesh is about the same. Egypt is 75%. Starts to look impossible for the rate to be down at 6.5%, doesn't it? Literacy is, in very broad-brush terms, an issue in the Muslim world, but let's not exaggerate/fabricate the stats...

6 hours ago, BigFun said:

I'm no expert but as far as I know the border has moved backwards and forwards between Thailand and Malaysia over the years. This has led to a disparate population. Add to this that some areas were even autonomous areas too it makes for a mess. I think that the problems are partly because 'they' wish to make the area autonomous again. 

To add to all this mess lovely Mr T ordered the Kru Se massacre while in charge. There was also an incident where 'protesters' were rounded up, piled in the back of trucks, read one on top of another then driven round the extra long route to the detention center. When they finally arrived many had died from the heat, exhaustion and ultimately suffocation. Why no one cites this as reason alone for Mr T to be on trial I don't know. 

It's also said that many insurgents are actually Indonesians too. 

A little info there.... 

oh yrs Take Bai AND Kru Se

Sigh ... and what's the source for your claim that Thaksin ordered the attack? Here's a BBC piece where the General in charge takes personal responsibility for the attack: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3932323.stm. "But General Panlop Pinmanee, the military commander who ordered the mosque operation, was unrepentant. "I had no choice. If I had delayed my decision by two or three hours there would have been more catastrophe," he told AFP."

Here's another piece that is not Thaksin-friendly, https://www.countercurrents.org/hr-achr060504.htm, but which includes the following: "Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh reportedly ordered Gen Panlop Pinmanee, Deputy Director of the Internal Security Operations Command and the most senior person present during the standoff, to negotiate with the assailants and talk them into surrendering, no matter how long it took. However, the army used disproportionate force even after the assailants had stopped shooting. On 29 April 2004, Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh reportedly ordered General Panlop Pinmanee to leave immediately. General Pinmanee later defended himself, saying if the occupation of the mosque was allowed to continue into the night the situation would have become more complicated

So, again, on what grounds do you claim that Thaksin gave the order to attack... seems quite the opposite in fact.

13 hours ago, lungnorm said:

No need to study, its the same old shit Muslims and their stupid death to all others culture. If you google how many deaths in southern Thailand since 2003 you will be astounded especially when the deaths are mainly nurses and teachers. It would be headlines anywhere in the world except if the mainstream media was not gagged.

"Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance." - Confucius

Seems you're ready to study the history of the Kingdom of Patani. Let me help you start:

http://www.ihrc.org.uk/publications/reports/6750-a-brief-introduction-to-the-malay-kingdom-of-patani-1-

Edited by Srikcir
add contraction

16 hours ago, gchurch259 said:

The World could do with out of them !!

During the era of the Dark Ages in Europe from 500 to 1500 CE(AD), it was the Golden Age of Islam that kept civilization in the West from devolving completely into barbarism. The GAI advanced and preserved technologies and social sciences in the areas of Philosophy, Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Biology, Astrology, etc. which became the foundation of future Western civilization. 

15 hours ago, BuaBS said:

It only matters if it happens in Bangkok .

Overreaction. These are teeny-terrorists, ie targeting soft targets: under-armed car-showroom security men, as well as inanimate targets. oh for these cowardly-custards to run into some real adversaries. The disgrace is the strategy of the  armed forces - sending in thousands of inexperienced troopers, barely out of high school, with no fighting experience. You do have  to wonder, does each side have a hidden strategy, to keep this tragedy ongoing?

16 minutes ago, sendintheclowns said:

Overreaction. These are teeny-terrorists, ie targeting soft targets: under-armed car-showroom security men, as well as inanimate targets. oh for these cowardly-custards to run into some real adversaries. The disgrace is the strategy of the  armed forces - sending in thousands of inexperienced troopers, barely out of high school, with no fighting experience. You do have  to wonder, does each side have a hidden strategy, to keep this tragedy ongoing?

Good post.

I lived in Pattani for five years and you're right about hidden strategies (agendas) and teeny terrorists.

Many of these so-called terrorists are just kids on motorcycles.

Trust me -- things aren't really what they seem in Pattani. And it works both ways, too. 

19 hours ago, hanssna said:

Songkhla, getting a little close now...

Songkhla Province has always had violence.  But it's a big province with borders on Malaysia, Yala and Pattani.

Songkhla City, where the nice beach is, hasn't had a bombing (to my knowledge) in over 10 years and that was a normal Thai business dispute.  

In fact, I'm headed down to spend the weekend next week.  I love the place.  And I'm a chicken.

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Seems you're ready to study the history of the Kingdom of Patani. Let me help you start:

http://www.ihrc.org.uk/publications/reports/6750-a-brief-introduction-to-the-malay-kingdom-of-patani-1-

Thanks for the history lesson Kiwikeith, the Vikings invaded Britain in the 8th century but eventually they dispersed. Who cares when the muslims came to Thailand they are not welcome now. Because Islam is still in the 13th century inbreeding with 1st cousins, decapitating infidels, practising paedaphilia, and shagging young boys and GOATS. They need to advance their mentality and get into the 21st century or be destroyed. You would be well advised to stop appearing to stick up for them. 

27 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

Thanks for the history lesson Kiwikeith, the Vikings invaded Britain in the 8th century but eventually they dispersed. Who cares when the muslims came to Thailand they are not welcome now. Because Islam is still in the 13th century inbreeding with 1st cousins, decapitating infidels, practising paedaphilia, and shagging young boys and GOATS. They need to advance their mentality and get into the 21st century or be destroyed. You would be well advised to stop appearing to stick up for them. 

Sorry you must have me confused with another poster.

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

I do not need a history lesson. I just  know the  barbaric muslims are not welcome in the 21st century. They should move into the 21st century or move back to the desert where they can cut heads off and shag young boys and girls and goats with gay aplomb. You seem like your sticking up for them !!!

Where do you get the 6.5% stat??? Unbelievable. Why do people make such stuff up or repeat it uncritically?? Just consider that the literacy rate in the nation with the most Muslims in the world, Indonesia, is 94%. Pakistan, the next largest, has a 60% literacy rate. Bangladesh is about the same. Egypt is 75%. Starts to look impossible for the rate to be down at 6.5%, doesn't it? Literacy is, in very broad-brush terms, an issue in the Muslim world, but let's not exaggerate/fabricate the stats...

I told you a million times stop exaggerating !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Docno said:

Sigh ... and what's the source for your claim that Thaksin ordered the attack? Here's a BBC piece where the General in charge takes personal responsibility for the attack: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/3932323.stm. "But General Panlop Pinmanee, the military commander who ordered the mosque operation, was unrepentant. "I had no choice. If I had delayed my decision by two or three hours there would have been more catastrophe," he told AFP."

Here's another piece that is not Thaksin-friendly, https://www.countercurrents.org/hr-achr060504.htm, but which includes the following: "Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh reportedly ordered Gen Panlop Pinmanee, Deputy Director of the Internal Security Operations Command and the most senior person present during the standoff, to negotiate with the assailants and talk them into surrendering, no matter how long it took. However, the army used disproportionate force even after the assailants had stopped shooting. On 29 April 2004, Deputy Prime Minister Chavalit Yongchaiyudh reportedly ordered General Panlop Pinmanee to leave immediately. General Pinmanee later defended himself, saying if the occupation of the mosque was allowed to continue into the night the situation would have become more complicated

So, again, on what grounds do you claim that Thaksin gave the order to attack... seems quite the opposite in fact.

So what are you saying? Isn't he ULTIMATELY responsible as the leader of the country? Do you also not think he could TELL  the army in charge to say that (obviously not provable by you or I). Does he carry NO RESPONSIBILITY for either massacre? Did he also not order THE WAR ON DRUGS where there were thousands of EXTRA JUDICIAL murders? 

Why defend the guy? Are you in his inner circle? 

5 hours ago, lungnorm said:

Who cares when the muslims came to Thailand they are not welcome now. 

You apparently didn't read the link because Thailand came to the Muslims, not the other way around.  The south was a Muslim land long before it became part of Thailand by force. And if the BKK elite was true to form, they cheated the locals out of land and livelihoods, and continue to do so today with crooked land titles and brute force.

If you want to see who's not welcome in Thailand, look in a mirror.  But I guess haters' gonna hate.

23 hours ago, Changwatchap said:

Mainly seperatism fueled by their different religion and culture, although the thai government tries to play this down.

The authorities add a lot of fuel to the fire with their own inept actions, 10 years later there is still not even an apology for the Tak Bai massacre I think? I agree there are similarities to the IRA, except in this case both sides are less effective: the insurgents attacking their own people and being unclear in their goal/message, and the govt by not taking it seriously and wishing it away.

Tak Bai is just one of a long list of government massacres against the people of the South...with nobody in Bangkok ever held responsible. If Thailand ever looses the South, it will be richly deserved.

On 11/4/2016 at 0:11 AM, Docno said:

There are several websites you can go to and get stats some Muslim some Non-Muslim. Most report over 800 million out of 1,4 Billion are illiterate.

When you have a culture does not allow Free Will in their lives and denies Woman equal treatment, it is best to keep them semi literate.