Ideas for privacy on an outdoor patio.

tallfarang

I have a reasonably large outdoor balcony. It is the top of a single car port on a duplex home. It is a very open area and I am looking for suggestions on the best way to provide privacy for it. This is a rented house so I don't want to spend a lot of money. If people have suggestions of what types of plants might work well (again I don't really want to spend more than 10 000 baht), or other ideas or pictures of how you might have privatized your balcony I would love to hear about/see them. 

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Make points with the locals  :)

How about a large vinyl sign like shops have out front  with a Picture of the late King and a Tribute in Thai , 

you can order the sign printed on vinyl that has small holes in it to let the breez thru.....

its not that expensive ,  less than 50 baht a square foot

Edited by oldcarguy

23 hours ago, gandalf12 said:

Yes unfortunately they are, so are snakes

I imagine there's a high chance of snakes on his patio.  I'm curious about what it would be about bamboo on a patio that would attract mosquitos considering that they need water to survive in.

8 hours ago, gdgbb said:

I imagine there's a high chance of snakes on his patio.  I'm curious about what it would be about bamboo on a patio that would attract mosquitos considering that they need water to survive in.

rain gets into the bamboo  and mosquitos  have a new home :)

no idea why you would get more snakes , unless they like to lay in the shade....

Fill the open tops of the bamboo culms with most anything, sand, paper or plastic bags, whatever.  Leave a half inch or so up top and seal with molten candle wax.

You could train bougainvillea or jasmine on a trellis arrangement but it would take awhile to fill in. Various gourds or cucumbers could fill in for awhile. Some bird of paradise type plants are pretty leafy.  Ginger or something similar might work as well.