Save the Most Money Working/livng in BKK

xtan12

2 hours ago, xtan12 said:

hi all for the replies regardless good or bad. I have been offered a 50k baht job. I just want to explore the working life in overseas since there is a chance. of cos I do have commitments in SG to pay too. Tts y I am looking at a place ard tt range so I don't need to wake up so early in the morning to travel to work. hope you guys understand. but now it has been 2 weeks and company has get to get the WP3 approved. I am worried.

Xtan, 50K baht seems like a ridiculously low salary for someone from Singapore.

You could live here on that but you wouldn't be able to save much unless you had almost no social life.

I'm guessing you are still quite young, so my advice would be to wait until you are a bit higher up the ladder and you can get 100K or 200K a month.

You won't find anything anywhere in BKK that's livable for that price. The room in all likelihood will also not be secure. If you are a farang you stand a good chance of repeated break ins.

Solid flats are available from 5k in decent area.

Good luck

Just now, Thainess said:

Rubbish! Hundreds of very nice places in BKK for 4-8k per month with lots of space, only stupid farangs fork out 20,000 or more for a small apartment because they don't know how to get the prices that Thais pay.

True... I don't understand y farang like to spend that large amount for a small space for a condo. Condos are nice though and have a kitchenette but it is like a too much to spend whereby I would rather save the money for something else. As most of the time we will be out working/eating most prob only for sleeping/showering/staying in during weekends, etc... :)

50k salary is just enough to get a work permit, more or less. At least it's not far off. 

You CAN get a DECENT studio in something like ryhthm, life, ideo and those buildings for 10-12k. 

There are plenty in Huay Kwang which is a bit of a stretch but have them in Sathorn and Sathorn Thaksin as well. 

This would be the bare min I would personally go in terms of living. 

You want security, a gym, a pool and not a 30y old building with a fan and a mattress on the floor. Prison is about the same and comes with free food too. 

Don't want to be snarky but if you're getting paid 50k baht, use 1/3 of that for living, add electric, internet.. and you'll end up somewhere around 20k which is not bad at all.

Now you still have 1k baht/day to do what ever you want. Don't expect a very comfortably lifestyle on a shoestring budget. 

5 hours ago, JerryinTH said:

50k salary is just enough to get a work permit, more or less. At least it's not far off. 

You CAN get a DECENT studio in something like ryhthm, life, ideo and those buildings for 10-12k. 

There are plenty in Huay Kwang which is a bit of a stretch but have them in Sathorn and Sathorn Thaksin as well. 

This would be the bare min I would personally go in terms of living. 

You want security, a gym, a pool and not a 30y old building with a fan and a mattress on the floor. Prison is about the same and comes with free food too. 

Don't want to be snarky but if you're getting paid 50k baht, use 1/3 of that for living, add electric, internet.. and you'll end up somewhere around 20k which is not bad at all.

Now you still have 1k baht/day to do what ever you want. Don't expect a very comfortably lifestyle on a shoestring budget. 

If i do not have other commitments in SG ya its fine to stay in a 10k to 12k accomodation. But there r also nice ones for much less than yhat just that they r kinda out of my work place.

On November 12, 2559 BE at 1:58 PM, Thainess said:

Rubbish! Hundreds of very nice places in BKK for 4-8k per month with lots of space, only stupid farangs fork out 20,000 or more for a small apartment because they don't know how to get the prices that Thais pay.

I dare say it very much depends on what you determine as 'nice'.

I think unless you are talking some way out of the centre which would entail a 2 hour commute to work and back everyday on mini bus, boat, skytrain etc I think i would struggle to find somewhere i would consider nice for that money in central BKK, but i would be happy for you to prove me wrong.

1 hour ago, smutcakes said:

I dare say it very much depends on what you determine as 'nice'.

I think unless you are talking some way out of the centre which would entail a 2 hour commute to work and back everyday on mini bus, boat, skytrain etc I think i would struggle to find somewhere i would consider nice for that money in central BKK, but i would be happy for you to prove me wrong.

And you would move right away :smile:

Edited by robblok

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 8:55 AM, jspill said:

So if it's this riverside plaza building you mean 

lTBZo4b.png

Then I see it's on Charoen Nakhon Rd. If I go to http://www.tee-pak.com/ and choose search by map, then zoom to that area - http://www.tee-pak.com/flash7/main.swf?sprache=en

c7c1Tqm.png

Then click the green markers

Apparently 'Chareonnakorn view' is nearby for 3800 baht up - http://www.tee-pak.com/en/63720238113917.html

And Kaya Place, 4000 baht - http://www.tee-pak.com/en/2933266969787.html

And Taksin House, 1500 baht- http://www.tee-pak.com/en/11817694612230.html

And Pontip apartment, 3500 baht - http://www.tee-pak.com/en/48878165510795.html

Hi jspill, may I know if I want to stay 5-10min walking distance to saphan taksin bts where should I click or what are the places available with my budget? Thanks.