I lost 2Kg in one month - its not much ?

Once Bitten

1 minute ago, tropo said:

The weight increase coincided with taking the pill. She gave that up because it was also causing melasma on her face, which caused a lot more stress than the weight gain. It also cost a fortune on very expensive creams to try to get rid of it - all in vain. Also, a long visit to her family in PI put the weight on, because her mother was force feeding her LOL. Thought she was far too skinny and wanted to beef her up like her sisters. Like usual, the weight creeps up on you unaware until you realise you have to do something about it. 5kg doesn't sound like much, but at 5' tall and 40kg normal weight, it's a lot. She realises now how hard it is to lose it, so she won't let it happen again. Using the scale every day is essential.

Yes i know what you mean with not letting the weight creep up to you. I normally stood on the scales all the time but I kinda stopped the habit. The problem was that I was still increasing muscle at a rate of a few kg per years. So I was never sure what the gain was. 

Anyway if i had done so the 3 bad months I might have turned it around earlier. But seriously my mood was totally shot. I feel a new person again now my sleep is better. 

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, robblok said:

Yes i know what you mean with not letting the weight creep up to you. I normally stood on the scales all the time but I kinda stopped the habit. The problem was that I was still increasing muscle at a rate of a few kg per years. So I was never sure what the gain was. 

Anyway if i had done so the 3 bad months I might have turned it around earlier. But seriously my mood was totally shot. I feel a new person again now my sleep is better. 

That's exactly what happened with my wife. She didn't stand on the scales for many months, and when she did she was shocked at the increase.

Regular weighing would have prevented that.

32 minutes ago, tropo said:

The only successful way of pumping up the glutes that I know of is lots of squats with weight... and to activate the glutes you need to get down to at least parallel...

I been on squats and lunges for ages.  My butt is hardening up which is usually a difficult area to work with at my age! I don't have knee problems or joint problems so definitely make my ass go down the full position.  Not a problem.  Also do the hack squat and other squat machines.  I do have some trouble balancing these days.  When we switch to a lunge with weights with arm extensions out I have real trouble staying balanced. 

I was shocked the other day that indeed the glutes are rounding some.  I think the fat loss is the reason the size 34" pants show such a bony ass.  In the mirror I can still see plenty of it when I am not wearing pants.  LOL.  ROFL.  I think the flab was helping fill out the back of the pants.

11 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

I been on squats and lunges for ages.  My butt is hardening up which is usually a difficult area to work with at my age! I don't have knee problems or joint problems so definitely make my ass go down the full position.  Not a problem.  Also do the hack squat and other squat machines.  I do have some trouble balancing these days.  When we switch to a lunge with weights with arm extensions out I have real trouble staying balanced. 

I was shocked the other day that indeed the glutes are rounding some.  I think the fat loss is the reason the size 34" pants show such a bony ass.  In the mirror I can still see plenty of it when I am not wearing pants.  LOL.  ROFL.  I think the flab was helping fill out the back of the pants.

I got trouble doing lunges, but my motor control has always been a bit off. Its getting better though I don't feel like i fall, i just feel as if im not doing them straight like im putting the leg that steps forward not down completely straight. Usually have it only at one side. 

Lunges was a (recent) last year addition to my program to get more leg exercises in the program.

5 minutes ago, dontoearth said:

I tore an ACL in January and I'm just getting back into squats now. I was doing lunges 2 days before and then I went to sit down and tore it. I can't say with certainty which exercises caused it because I was doing 3 leg exercises, but I think it was the lunges. I lost my butt once from switching to front squats, which emphasizes the quads much more than the glutes. Back to back squats and the butt is improving LOL.

On 30/04/2018 at 6:56 PM, tropo said:

That's exactly what happened with my wife. She didn't stand on the scales for many months, and when she did she was shocked at the increase.

Less eating would have.

9 hours ago, Justfine said:
On 4/30/2018 at 3:56 PM, tropo said:

Less eating would have.

Although you're probably just trying to be a smartass, just in case you don't understand, allow me to elaborate...

The weight gain was very slow over a long period. Let's take 5kg of fat gain, that in my wife's case took over a year to put on. Assuming a year, that's 0.096 kg of fat gain per week, or 0.42 kg per month, and only 0.01369863013 kg per day. That's only 13 grams per day or about 2 teaspoons. Even a person as smart as you would not be able to detect that tiny fat gain in the mirror.

Despite the tiny daily, weekly and monthly fat gains, 5 kg is a lot of fat for a 40 kg person and equates to 11kg of fat for a person weighing 100kg.

You need to keep a close eye on your weight every day and even then, it can take a month or more to observe a real weight gain taking into consideration daily fluctuations.

I hope you get it now.

7 minutes ago, tropo said:

Although you're probably just trying to be a smartass, just in case you don't understand, allow me to elaborate...

The weight gain was very slow over a long period. Let's take 5kg of fat gain, that in my wife's case took over a year to put on. Assuming a year, that's 0.096 kg of fat gain per week, or 0.42 kg per month, and only 0.01369863013 kg per day. That's only 13 grams per day or about 2 teaspoons. Even a person as smart as you would not be able to detect that tiny fat gain in the mirror.

Despite the tiny daily, weekly and monthly fat gains, 5 kg is a lot of fat for a 40 kg person and equates to 11kg of fat for a person weighing 100kg.

You need to keep a close eye on your weight every day and even then, it can take a month or more to observe a real weight gain taking into consideration daily fluctuations.

I hope you get it now.

Women notice 2 or 3kgs. 40 to 45kgs would put up the clothes size.

I find it hard to believe.

Think she is having you on.

15 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Women notice 2 or 3kgs. 40 to 45kgs would put up the clothes size.

I find it hard to believe.

Think she is having you on.

I think you're having us on. Surely you're not this slow?

You don't put weight on in 2 - 3kg batches, but that's beside the point. The point is to weigh daily so this doesn't happen.

Regarding clothing size, when you're that small most clothes you buy are too loose... so she goes from too loose to a comfortable fit, but still XS or S sizing.

4 minutes ago, Justfine said:

In the last 4 weeks I've lost about 4kgs and I can feel a significant difference with shorts and shirts.

You really think a 40kg women wouldn't notice a 5kg increase?

Talk about slow on the uptake. I'm trying to explain the importance of daily weighing, but you can't grasp the concept.

Just now, tropo said:

Talk about slow on the uptake. I'm trying to explain the importance of daily weighing, but you can't grasp the concept.

Never met a woman who wouldn't notice a 10% weight gain.

She is telling you what you want to hear.

13 minutes ago, tropo said:

I think you're having us on. Surely you're not this slow?

You don't put weight on in 2 - 3kg batches, but that's beside the point. The point is to weigh daily so this doesn't happen.

Regarding clothing size, when you're that small most clothes you buy are too loose... so she goes from too loose to a comfortable fit, but still XS or S sizing.

Thanks for the kind words.

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

Never met a woman who wouldn't notice a 10% weight gain.

She is telling you what you want to hear.

No one is debating that. Everyone will notice a 5kg weight gain, but not if it is very slow over a long time period. If you think that's true, the women are lying to you. 

She doesn't tell me what I want to hear as I'm the one writing down and graphing her weight every day.

How many women have you met that notice 13 grams of weight gain per day? 

The whole purpose of daily weighing is to maintain perfect weight and not gain the 5kg in the first place. It's a lot easier not to gain it than gain it and try to lose it.

As a result of daily weighing, she has maintained her weight within a 0.5kg range for 5 months.

Just now, tropo said:

No one is debating that. Everyone will notice a 5kg weight gain, but not if it is very slow over a long time period. If you think that's true, the women are lying to you. 

She doesn't tell me what I want to hear as I'm the one writing down and graphing her weight every day.

How many women have you met that notice 13 grams of weight gain per day? 

The whole purpose of daily weighing is to maintain perfect weight and not gain the 5kg in the first place. It's a lot easier not to gain it than gain it and try to lose it.

As a result of daily weighing, she has maintained her weight within a 0.5kg range for 5 months.

After a few months she would.

1 minute ago, Justfine said:

After a few months she would.

No, she wouldn't notice 0.8 kg of weight gain in 2 months or even 1.2kg in 3 months. Who would? For that, the scale is required. You can vary that much from morning to night depending on what you've had to eat and drink. 

In actual fact, the weight was gained over more than 2 years. She's back to where she was in early 2015.

Do you have anything intelligent to add, or do you intend to continue baiting?

Just now, tropo said:

No, she wouldn't notice 0.8 kg of weight gain in 2 months or even 1.2kg in 3 months. Who would? For that, the scale is required. You can vary that much from morning to night depending on what you've had to eat and drink. 

In actual fact, the weight was gained over more than 2 years. She's back to where she was in early 2015.

Do you have anything intelligent to add, or do you intend to continue baiting?

Thanks for the kind words. 

7 minutes ago, Justfine said:

"I'm the one writing down and graphing her weight every day"

Exciting way to live.

It takes about 30 seconds per day, so it's not as exciting as continuous baiting on an internet forum in an effort to raise your post count...  as I see you just joined up.

1 minute ago, tropo said:

You haven't stated a single fact yet. 

Nonsense. Every woman under 80kgs knows a 2 or 3kg weight change. Only a very large one wouldn't.

Anyway you're not interested in a friendly chap.

Cheap abuse you can keep.

Bye bye.

5 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Nonsense. Every woman under 80kgs knows a 2 or 3kg weight change. Only a very large one wouldn't.

Bye bye.

In your incessant desire to bait you missed the whole point of the discussion, which was about micro increases of body fat over long periods of time.

Goodbye!

3 minutes ago, tropo said:

In your incessant desire to bait you missed the whole point of the discussion, which was about micro increases of body fat over long periods of time.

Goodbye!

Yet more abuse.

Bye bye.

Ignoring from now on.

Archived