I lost 2Kg in one month - its not much ?

Once Bitten

On 04/11/2016 at 12:11 AM, shadmo63 said:

Yeah but the OP only weighs 80kg, and you want him at 60kg after a month.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

What height is the OP? ie, I am exactly 6ft tall and around 77K. I do non stop exercise for about 40 mins  a day, 5 days a week which includes cycling, and using the machines in the local park.

I am happy to keep a slim figure and not become muscley.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, tropo said:

Were you getting any exogenous testosterone when you went back to the US? If you didn't, that could explain the big drop in muscle better than excessive cardio with no resistance work.

I was only able to get in about 2 injections of testovorin. I had slipped those in a suitcase when I returned.  This was not nearly enough you are correct.  I would have needed about 12 vials to stay at the level I was using in bkk.  Getting legal injections in the US is impossible.  I haven't been able to figure out any solution to that problem.  

It would have helped to stay on the weight training cycle but without the test there still would have been some loss but I don't think this severe.

3 hours ago, possum1931 said:

What height is the OP? ie, I am exactly 6ft tall and around 77K. I do non stop exercise for about 40 mins  a day, 5 days a week which includes cycling, and using the machines in the local park.

I am happy to keep a slim figure and not become muscley.

Geez... I feel slim at 6ft and 102kg. I can't imagine what it would be like to be that skinny. That's very lanky. I'd have to lose over 20kg of muscle and fat. What is your bodyfat percentage? Do you have a well defined 6 pack?

26 minutes ago, tropo said:

Geez... I feel slim at 6ft and 102kg. I can't imagine what it would be like to be that skinny. That's very lanky. I'd have to lose over 20kg of muscle and fat. What is your bodyfat percentage? Do you have a well defined 6 pack?

You are a bit overweight, but remember, muscle weighs more than fat, I am not that skinny, nowhere near lanky, just about the right weight for my height, I do like my grub and I'm partial to biscuits and a cup of tea about three hours after my main meal, and I'm a life long nonsmoker and non drinker.

I don't know what my bodyfat percentage is, and I do not have a sixpack, I'm a size 36 in trousers.

1 hour ago, possum1931 said:

You are a bit overweight, but remember, muscle weighs more than fat, I am not that skinny, nowhere near lanky, just about the right weight for my height, I do like my grub and I'm partial to biscuits and a cup of tea about three hours after my main meal, and I'm a life long nonsmoker and non drinker.

I don't know what my bodyfat percentage is, and I do not have a sixpack, I'm a size 36 in trousers.

36 size does not sound real slim.. 32-34 myself (depending on my weight that varies a bit). Strange that your 36 and only 77 kg.. and no abs... sounds a bit like those skinny fats they talk about. 

1 minute ago, robblok said:

36 size does not sound real slim.. 32-34 myself (depending on my weight that varies a bit). Strange that your 36 and only 77 kg.. and no abs... sounds a bit like those skinny fats they talk about. 

How tall are you?

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:
6 hours ago, tropo said:

Well, if you're not displaying a 6-pack at such a light weight for your height, then your body fat percentage is higher than mine. I'm around 10% body fat, so certainly not overweight. I'm actually trying to gain weight, but not fat. Interestingly, at 25kg heavier than you at the same height I wear smaller trousers - 34.

8 hours ago, jane nair said:

2 kg is not enough for 1 month.my father lost that only 12 days.and he loses his weight 7 kg in 1 month.he follows a diet routine, he always avoids fast food, cheese, beef, chocolate etc and every day he takes green tea for 3 times.His instructor gives him a perfect exercise routine.every day he runs on the treadmill for 1 hour, rides an exercise bike 1 hour, and rowing machine exercise 30 min.now he is in 2nd routine. i hope he will fit very early and hope you will lose your weight fast.best of luck.thank you.

Jane, I don't know if you joined up just to wind us up, but don't expect everyone to agree if you come on here talking nonsense. 1 hour on treadmill + 1 hour on bike + 30 mins rowing EVERY DAY is an insane workout that will do NO ONE any good. Your father needs to get a new instructor as soon as possible. He'll temporarily lose some weight until he's so overtrained he'll become sick of the mere thought of exercise, or stop due to injury... and then go back to a sedentary lifestyle lamenting the day he even thought of losing weight.  If it required such a superhuman effort to lose weight, no one would even try.

16 hours ago, jane nair said:

2 kg is not enough for 1 month.my father lost that only 12 days.and he loses his weight 7 kg in 1 month.he follows a diet routine, he always avoids fast food, cheese, beef, chocolate etc and every day he takes green tea for 3 times.His instructor gives him a perfect exercise routine.every day he runs on the treadmill for 1 hour, rides an exercise bike 1 hour, and rowing machine exercise 30 min.now he is in 2nd routine. i hope he will fit very early and hope you will lose your weight fast.best of luck.thank you.

Jane I salute your father for his herculean effort.  He needs to slow down as the weight loss will certainly slow from just normal biology and then he can map a 'sustainable plan.'     I don't think anyone on here sees something like this as a sustainable unless your father is also training for the olympics.   I have periods of rapid weight loss followed by long infuriating plateaus that are just part of changing your body.  Your dad should get ready for that.   It helps then to figure out what you want to keep as a lifestyle change and what is too extreme to be a regular routine.

• 1 month later...
On 04/11/2016 at 12:35 AM, LongTimeLurker said:

2 kgs seems not enough in 1 month.

I was losing that in 1 week when reducing weight

82kgs isnt heavy though. That's skinny unless short.

Blood pressure is more important.

On 13/01/2018 at 6:34 PM, jane nair said:

Only a fat person can lose 7kgs easy. A lot of men weigh 90-110kgs and are fit and strong.

82kgs is a small guy.

On 18/11/2016 at 6:42 PM, shadmo63 said:

Hi @OnceBitten. I started the ketogenic diet 12 days ago after reading @McFish's post right here on this thread.

Basically it is a very low carbohydrate, high fat diet. No bread, rice, pasta, potatoes BUT lots of bacon, eggs, sausages, butter, cream, nuts etc.

I gave up traditional low-fat dieting a long time ago as it never worked for me. I always try to keep fit but I just forget about my weight. I am a typical case of metabolic syndrome with pre-diabetes, high blood pressure and fat guts.

I have lost 5kg already and not been hungry for a second. In fact it's amazing to eat all this fatty food and still lose weight. Only 25kg to go.

WARNING: It is not a diet that will suit every one, and I would seek medical supervision and advice if you suffer diabetes or other health problems. Basically you are turning your body from a carb-burner into a fat-burner, so it's quite a big shift. In fact it is very important to keep an eye on your blood readings of sugars and fats/lipids over the course of the diet as some people do react badly.

But at the same time it can cure diabetes 2 and even reverse diabetes long term side effect. 

The first week was a little bit tough. I had what they call keto-flu for the first few days, and a fast heart rate for a couple of days early this week. >90bpm. Usually <70bpm. But now running smoothly again.

Insulin is the big bad guy in this story. If you can lower your insulin you can lose weight easily, and the only way to lower your insulin is to cut dietary carbohydrates, and keep your protein normal. Dietary fats do not impact insulin: that's why this diet works. This diet is still controversial to many in the medical world but the science is compelling. Remember stomach ulcers? When he suggested they are caused by bacterial infection they all told him he was mad. Same here. Traditional dietary advice is all kaput!! 

WARNING 2: You should do your own research before attempting this diet

But it works for me so a great big THANKS to @McFish. 

You don't have to eat bacon. Too much salt.

Eating brocoli, eggs, seafood, beef, nuts is not radical at all.

Bread, sugar, rice, potatoes are not high in nutrition.

The food pyramid is crap. Invented in the 70s and terrible advice.

You don't have to eat bacon, but it tastes good and the streaky stuff has plenty of fat. You need extra salt on a keto diet, in fact I drink Himalayan salt in water every day to increase my salt intake (otherwise you can get cramps). The attached is our 2 kilo streaky bacon purchase yesterday, should last a week or so!

P3060026_DxO.jpg

8 hours ago, FracturedRabbit said:

You don't have to eat bacon, but it tastes good and the streaky stuff has plenty of fat. You need extra salt on a keto diet, in fact I drink Himalayan salt in water every day to increase my salt intake (otherwise you can get cramps). The attached is our 2 kilo streaky bacon purchase yesterday, should last a week or so!

P3060026_DxO.jpg

There's good salt and the plain rubbish stuff. I put Himalayan and pepper on everything. Bacon has the cheap crap stuff added.

10 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Bacon has twice as much salt as smoked sausages. That's a lot of low grade salt.

Sure, it has a lot of regular table salt added, but how much do most people eat. A few rashers? That's not much to worry about. LOL> a place in the US called "Heart Attack Grill" serves 20 or more strips of bacon on every burger. That might be a problem.

I'm with you on the salt. I use Himalayan Pink Salt, Celtic Salt or Redmond's Real Salt. I bought all 3 just to try them out. I make a sole solution (100% saturated) with the Himalayan salt.

30 minutes ago, tropo said:

Sure, it has a lot of regular table salt added, but how much do most people eat. A few rashers? That's not much to worry about. LOL> a place in the US called "Heart Attack Grill" serves 20 or more strips of bacon on every burger. That might be a problem.

I'm with you on the salt. I use Himalayan Pink Salt, Celtic Salt or Redmond's Real Salt. I bought all 3 just to try them out. I make a sole solution (100% saturated) with the Himalayan salt.

Im going to try the sole solution.

9 hours ago, Justfine said:

Had the sole solution. Not bad. Made enough for a week.

Was it fully saturated? If you're interested, a fully saturated solution provides about 0.8 grams of salt per ml at current room temperatures. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, MuntyC0re said:

2 kg in a month it's not much. You need to try harder. Last month I lost 5 kg but still for me it's not enough. I was planning to try another method like non surgical butt lift 'cause I always have a problem with the lower body. I read that the 1st result will be noticeable in the 1st procedure. Wish me luck:)

I disagree. 2kg per month, if it is a genuine fat loss, is perfect. If you can steadily lose that much, you won't be so prone to bounce back, and compliance will be easier. The only problem is that most people can fluctuate a kilogram or two throughout the day from food and liquid consumption, so it's difficult to determine if the weight loss is fat or just fluids and bowel content. Daily measurements on a graph will help with that.

Archived