Smoking on balconies

funlovinkid

Well, the neighbor probably has to endure the cooking smells emanating from your balcony. Not only that: we've ignored the balcony noise issue. Kitchens on balconies invite eating & drinking on the balconies--a few times a day, often with family and friends. I've seen cases where one's balcony seems to belong to the neighbor too. Plus the neighbor may have to listen to you stomping around on your floor. Hence smoking is just fine, too. Don't like it, you know what to do. Me, I'm on occasion going out on the balcony, lighting up a fine stogie, sipping a shot of good bourbon, and enjoying the view as a man should. ;) That's the way it's gon' be. Too bad your neighbor doesn't like fine cigars. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2016 at 3:39 AM, Maestro said:

"I live in a condo which was buyilt such that the kitchen/dining room (and laundry rack) is on the balcony."

Is this a common layout for condominium units in Thailand?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

In Thai homes, it's very common for kitchens to be established in an outdoor, covered area.  Apparently the philosophy is that the kitchen generates additional heat (in an already hot country), not to mention unpleasant odors, which shouldn't be introduced into the living area.  My particular condo is a large studio, and I believe the owner/designer opted for the kitchen/dining room on the balcony both for the reasons above, plus to make the living area that much larger.

OP, go isolate yourself away from everything, especially far of me.

Yet, I've stopped smoking long time ago to preserve my health but I still like the company of smokers, casual drinkers,  good eaters, revelers and merry companions.

A healthy mind in a healthy body ... For you, in absence of information on your body state I advises you to consult without delay for mental.

Next thread: How to avoid the odious Westerners when you lives in Thailand?

On 11/13/2016 at 7:55 PM, A1Str8 said:

You didn't have the migraine because of the smoke but because you ignored the loud complaints of your body. 

Every time we go against our own grain, an energy imbalance is created and in your case it shows up in the form of headaches. 

If I was the smoking neighbor, I would just go downstairs and smoke there. That way I wouldn't bother anyone and wouldn't need to smoke inside my room. 

He got a migraine because he was obsessing over the smoke.

Self inflicted stress.