Lady rider in fatal collision with lorry on Pattaya highway

webfact

Lady rider in fatal collision with lorry on Pattaya highway

By Digital Admin -

p.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On the afternoon of November 6 Banglamung police were called to the scene of a fatal accident on the Pattaya bound carriageway of Route 7.

A collision between an 18-wheel lorry and a Yamaha Fino motorbike had left thirty-five year old Ms. Pimpaka Joraket fatally injured in the road.

Witnesses say that Ms Pimpaka had swerved in the road to avoid flooding when she was hit by the Rayong bound truck, driven by thirty-nine-year old Mr Tan Taserm.

The victim died from multiple injuries.

Report by Pattaya One News Team

Source: http://pattayaone.news/en/lady-rider-fatal-collision-lorry-pattaya-highway/

pattaya-one_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya One 2016-11-07

It's a pure miracle that more bikers aren't killed considering the way they drive & the lack of respect they often show to other road users.

The fact that bikes are legally not allowed on the 7 doesn't seem to stop them.

RIP to the woman & best of luck to the poor lorry driver

23 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Agree with others that motos and their passengers should follow the rules of the road...there's a reason for them.

The rules here are never thought out! No analyse, just do as i say! I strongly believe they would be more likely followed if sensible.

An example. In bkk, no motorbikes on the bridges over the river, they treat them as lepers, why? If you treat people like that, they will show no respect.

Given all the disruption to the roads on the dark side I have always considered travelling into Pattaya via 7 was the safest option, providing I kept to the hard shoulder. However, I know it is illegal.

It is a pity they authorities could not have lifted the 'ban' at least during the construction of the tunnel.

Mind you, It would appear this accident may have been as a result of floodwater on the road/hard shoulder and in those circumstances I can imagine it would have been pretty dangerous to use the route on a bike.

4 hours ago, james6 said:

I thought bikes were not allowed on the 7 motorway although i see lots every day.RIP to the lady.

From the picture and own experience: further north there are separated "side lanes" parallel to highway 7 completely separated by a fence.

To me it looks as she was allowed to drive there.

1 hour ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Agree with others that motos and their passengers should follow the rules of the road...there's a reason for them.

Don't agree with you at all, why can't motorbikes over 250cc not be allowed to ride on the carriageway which passes Don Muang airport.

Give me a reason for that apart from to fill the BiBs tea money coffers.

1 hour ago, chrissables said:

The rules here are never thought out! No analyse, just do as i say! I strongly believe they would be more likely followed if sensible.

An example. In bkk, no motorbikes on the bridges over the river, they treat them as lepers, why? If you treat people like that, they will show no respect.

Exactly, just like me. I have no respect for anyones stupid rules.

Just now, possum1931 said:

Don't agree with you at all, why can't motorbikes over 250cc not be allowed to ride on the carriageway which passes Don Muang airport.

Because it's illegal to operate them on expressways and motorways or bridges/overpasses...not to collect money but to save the lives of drivers/passengers, as this sad accident so amply demonstrates. 

1 hour ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

There are lots of rules passed for no reason, ie, why can't motorbikes over 250cc travel on roads that cars can?

3 minutes ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Because it's illegal to operate them on expressways and motorways or bridges/overpasses...not to collect money but to save the lives of drivers/passengers, as this sad accident so amply demonstrates. 

Read my post again, I said over 250cc, this unfortunate lady was riding a Fino,probably a 150cc.

2 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

There are lots of rules passed for no reason, ie, why can't motorbikes over 250cc travel on roads that cars can?

No, most rules DO have a reason...you may not agree or like them, like speed limits, but they're there for a reason. I imagine safety of the moto driver/rider is the reason they're not allowed on high-speed roads.

5 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Why should +250cc bikes be allowed there and not other bikes?   Is there something special about them and their riders?

One more example of stupid behaviour on the roads

that results in a needless death.

Thailand should addresses this nationwide problem.

Think its about 64 a day or about that.

What a fantastic figure to be proud of.

And that's just the dead ones,  how many more are  disabled for life ,

who knows.

Are there any good Thai drivers / Riders,       maybe one one or two max.

Some of the basic road safety is just never used here,

Stopping at a junction ,   what's that.

Looking before you join a high way,   what's that.

Looking in the mirror or over your shoulder,   what's that.

Kids riding motor bikes to school,  what's that all about,

That's just to list a few things,    there's 101 more,    and some.

Thailand you don't care about your people and your children on the roads here.

Shame on you lot in charge.  

You have the power and the  time to make positive  changes

But you don't.  :1zgarz5:

19 hours ago, james6 said:

I thought bikes were not allowed on the 7 motorway although i see lots every day.RIP to the lady.

Sad event and yes I believe you are correct. Certainly there is a sign saying so at the entrance off Sukhumvit in Pattaya... I ride by it on my bike frequently.

And another last attempt: she was obviously NOT driving on the main carriageway of highway 7!

She was traveling on a side road which is free for all vehicles.

When you use the bus to Suv. you can see traffic to your left on many stretches.

Look at the pic in the OP and think!

Here on my pic not a fence, just a wall and guardrail.

160727074945.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ