Condo prices to go up after bullet-train construction?

Mike West

No way it will be done by 2020 or even 2030 unless this country turns in the same as the new Chinapines.  The Philipines want the Chinese friendship(and money) big time.  So, is Chinaland coming here?  Maybe, if the Chinese paid for it and other projects the thing would easily be done in 4 years.  Also, gambling is a real possibility but won't raise home prices much at all.

On 11/12/2016 at 8:26 AM, moonseeker said:

Well, the next ferry experiment to H.H. seems to be happening;  HERE

Wonder if their is a market for this at all? Wish them luck.  MS>

Yes I think there will be a market for it, especially if its a fast ferry and you can bring your bike/car.

If that's the case then I am pretty sure I will take my family to HH in some weekends just for a change of scenery, driving is too far for my son.

I am sure many retires will do the same if the price is right and they can go during weekdays where the demand is likely less.

29 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

If they did the HH ferry same as those fast boats to Macau, it would be great.  But, when I think of a ferry here I fear slow moving and potential sinking disaster. 

Well if they will be carrying 4 wheelers, I will defiantly check if my class A on the truck will cover for a sinking ferry or not, LOL.

A 40 knobs ferry demands very very good lookout from the bridge at all times, they normally got 2 navigators on watch when sailing ( In EU) and they are not supposed to sit with their faces in their mobile phones, posting on Facebook, which I am worried they will do here. 

So if this ferry becomes a reality one can have a condo in each places, 1 week here followed by one week in HH, just take your scooter and pop down to the ferry terminal and arrive 1.5 hour later but okay I think I will pass on that, not too fond of HH myself and prefer fun town.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2016 at 2:28 AM, A1Str8 said:

Regardless of the cynical comments, you can bet it will go up. 

You are just asking at the wrong place. Grandma is in a better position to have an opinion on this than these guys. 

I know, it's good for a laugh to ask anything on TV. Cracks me up every time :cheesy:

1 hour ago, Mike West said:

I know, it's good for a laugh to ask anything on TV. Cracks me up every time :cheesy:

75 Years Grandma would have bought a small house

with lots of land.....what went up 1000%  was the value

of the land.....the flood of shoebox condos will definitely 

increase in valve maybe 2% in the next 1000 years! 

38 minutes ago, little mary sunshine said:

75 Years Grandma would have bought a small house

with lots of land.....what went up 1000%  was the value

of the land.....the flood of shoebox condos will definitely 

increase in valve maybe 2% in the next 1000 years! 

Sorry did you say something? 

If you are looking for short-term land speculation you might look at south part of Theppraya in Jomtien, south of the roundabout and continuing south up to  where it stops at Sukhumvit. There's quite a bit of vacant land left but getting built up. A number of shophouse buildings, a couple cafes, etc have gone up in the last year and a large condo 1000+ unit complex with that odd white castle looking clubhouse will speed up development. It's also where The Atlantis complex is located.

I'm not sure how much of the vacant land is buildable. I saw quite a bit of marsh type wetlands but I'm sure that's common for this area. I'm no civil engineer so I can't give any comment on that.

There has also been rumors that Tesco is taking over the Renplo Market/Beer Bar complex north of there as well. Again, I'm sure that's been a rumor for a while.

Anyway, I've been watching this area for about a year or so and it's gone from almost no buildings to a handful and growing.

Archived