webfact

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, thena9ir said:

You think you are smart you sons of one night stand .. stupid fourm I am out

Been on you,the board 1 month and you've already spat the dummy. If you're in Thailand may Buddha help  'cos no one else will.

29 minutes ago, irishken said:

What you's are seeing is the aftermath of an accident so you's don't know what led up to it. I would be really annoyed as well if i was involved in an accident with a dangerous driver and my kids were in the car. Keeping your cool shouldn't come into to it just because he is a Farang  and maybe IF the driver was in the wrong for driving dangerous, he won't do it again. Cut the guy some slack here, he must have been pretty shaken up after it. 

Disclaimer: If it was just a scratch on the car and a nothing accident invloed with a hung over Farang, i take everything i said back. 

I disagree. Keeping your cool is essential for any Farang living in Thailand, and that goes double if you drive. If you find it difficult, then work on it. I've cooled down so much in 10 years in Thailand I can hardly recognise myself. It can and should be done.

Edited by tropo

If there's a reason why this incident is perfectly understandable, justified, even admirable and applaudable while that other Thai incident was uncivilized, outrageous, barbaric and very like general bad Thai behaviour, this is a good place to look for it.

2 minutes ago, farcanell said:

???????

good one

????

The insurance should include a clause saying:

The damaged party can seek compensation or retribution in other forms...such as:

You are legally allowed to beat the crap out of any A-hole driver(s) that cause an accident because of their A- hole reckless driving antics.

Cheers

16 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Is pushing actually an assault in Thai law? 

"He will be out of here or pay a lot of cash" ????

So driving a car, using the phone and crashing into another road user doesn't concern you, just his reaction?

Some people really amaze me.

Are you serious? You don't think shoving a person is assault?

It's a guarantee he's going to be charged. Those uni students have wealthy parents who have friends in the right places and good (anti-Farang) lawyers. He'll either be convicted or pay out. I'd put money on it. If he is convicted he will serve time first and then be deported. They want blood.

....quick to find fault with the foreigner....

...and deflect what the Thai punk did to the motorcycle driver....

...how about what really happened leading up to this....???

...probably would not look good for the Thais.....

....they nearly killed his daughter.....???

.....so he is bad because he yelled at them....???

...if he was Thai he would have had a gang pound them....

...or pulled out a homemade gun and wasted them....

....bad...bad...farang....???

...not....

1 hour ago, terminatorchiangmai said:

I think you can not judge him if you don't know  what happened  before.

If someone put my loved ones life in danger i would get angry also.

If you are that scared to get into a caraccident in Thailand or BKK you shouldn't drive a vehicle here AT ALL.  And in BKK the speed is almost always very low btw.

Thai can't drive, AT ALL compared to Westerners. That isn't strange because they never learned it, maybe don't even have a DL.

6 hours ago, rkidlad said:

"This is Thailand brother - you don't need to worry"

Yea, would this guy be so brave if it was just him and the uni students there?

Easy to have balls and play the 'Thai rak Thai' card when there's a group of you. End of the day, if it's just one guy there with the uni students, and the 'farang' had started attacking, Mr. big balls would have been out of there. Nothing to do with honour. Just wanna attack someone out of pure pent up anger.

"Others like Peter Tung wondered why he wasn't attacked by bystanders: "Why didn't they pile in?," he asked, "This is Thailand after all"

Because you've been taught to be non-violent and non confrontational? Or does that only apply when one-on-one? 

I see forms of road rage everyday. No one has the right to behave like a moron in these situations. Driving a Mini, etc, or being local isn't doesn't mean you're any less of an idiot. 

There was only one idiot I could see there and he wasn't Thai. He would have got his ass beat back home for less than that.

29 minutes ago, tropo said:

I disagree. Keeping your cool is essential for any Farang living in Thailand, and that goes double if you drive. If you find it difficult, then work on it. I've cooled down so much in 10 years in Thailand I can hardly recognise myself. It can and should be done.

I agree that keeping your cool in Thailand is important but like i said we are only seeing the aftermath of the accident and his kids were involved. I've learned to keep my cool a lot in Thailand but if it came to my kids i can see it possibly been different,hence one of the reasons why i and my Wife don't want our kids to live there.

This video could have  easily been edited. 

18 minutes ago, tropo said:

Are you serious? You don't think shoving a person is assault?

It's a guarantee he's going to be charged. Those uni students have wealthy parents who have friends in the right places and good (anti-Farang) lawyers. He'll either be convicted or pay out. I'd put money on it. If he is convicted he will serve time first and then be deported. They want blood.

Shoving, whilst not pleasant and legally MAY be an assault is no where as serious as crashing into someone while playing on the phone.

Just because they have wealthy parents (Maybe) And use "anti-Farang" lawyers" according to you who i doubt knows at at all. I doubt he will be deported. If from a wealthy decent family, they will leave it be, both parties were wrong. No big deal.

15 minutes ago, fruitman said:

If you are that scared to get into a caraccident in Thailand or BKK you shouldn't drive a vehicle here AT ALL.  And in BKK the speed is almost always very low btw.

Thai can't drive, AT ALL compared to Westerners. That isn't strange because they never learned it, maybe don't even have a DL.

Lol.... a few days ago, in wet conditions, I skidded my bike into a car... thai driver, dinging the rear fender.

i immediately thought "$$&@&$//:;(" .... then reached down and yanked the fender.... instant fix

the angry Thai alighted the vehicle, found no damage.... and the confusion on his face was priceless... I need a helmet cam!

19 minutes ago, SOTIRIOS said:

....quick to find fault with the foreigner....

...and deflect what the Thai punk did to the motorcycle driver....

...how about what really happened leading up to this....???

...probably would not look good for the Thais.....

....they nearly killed his daughter.....???

.....so he is bad because he yelled at them....???

...if he was Thai he would have had a gang pound them....

...or pulled out a homemade gun and wasted them....

....bad...bad...farang....???

...not....

Yes the Thai punk was way wrong, but so is this farang, not nearly as bad but an a hole for sure.

its easy...if u wanna ride a car in bkk use a old scrappy one best with rust all over....with these monkeys driving U  ARE BOUND to receive a hug here and there...if u drive an old tinpot u dont worry scretches bangs etc...even might be lucky squeezing out some cash of the oponents insurance but certainly never do any repairs on the car..if it is finally wrecked take off the plates and place it somewhere on the highway in a tiny spot and walk off ...watch the show from far when the typical bkk jam builds up best in rush hour...never worry about these joes .... 

7 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Shoving, whilst not pleasant and legally MAY be an assault is no where as serious as crashing into someone while playing on the phone.

Just because they have wealthy parents (Maybe) And use "anti-Farang" lawyers" according to you who i doubt knows at at all. I doubt he will be deported. If from a wealthy decent family, they will leave it be, both parties were wrong. No big deal.

One of the first things I learned in Thailand was never humiliate them as it is the only thing more dangerous than driving here. If I were him I would move away from that area fast.

51 minutes ago, madusa said:

Could you give the source where you obtained those figure, I mean who published those figures. Just curious not saying you lie ok?

Seems he did... WHO...

half way down paragraph three.... but... google will confirm this, very very quickly, if you have issue with numbers and estimates given by WHO.

16 minutes ago, chrissables said:

I know a lot about how police and courts work here as I've been through the mill already.

What is a "wealthy decent" Thai family? Assuming the young Thai driver has one of them, I'd also bet they don't like the idea of a loud, abusive Farang pushing their son around. I'd be quite confident that one of those families would be very interested in punishing the Farang.

As a former accident insurance investigator in America I can assure that when 2 people have a moving accident each person believes it was the other person's fault and often at the scene there are loud disagreements. The police are called and sometimes come and try and sort it out. Unless the police actually saw it- their report is worthless. Their main function is to keep order and traffic moving. The insurance companies determine fault and eventually everyone gets paid. People are always attempting to claim mental or physical injury. Most times they are not.

The best solution to any road accident in Thailand or elsewhere is to stay calm; stay cool; do not make allegations and certainly do not touch the other person. Let the insurance company sort it out- that's why you pay them.

4 minutes ago, tropo said:

I know a lot about how police and courts work here as I've been through the mill already.

What is a "wealthy decent" Thai family? Assuming the young Thai driver has one of them, I'd also bet they don't like the idea of a loud, abusive Farang pushing their son around. I'd be quite confident that one of those families would be very interested in punishing the Farang.

If you have been through the mill already, i accept you know more than me.

Just now, roo860 said:

We've been informed he's not from the UK.
Try and keep up.

Sorry. I have a life and cant be bothered reading all replies. Uk or not uk. Plain a'hole. Macho. Ape. Abusing the existence of his offspring to assault people. I wish people like him werent allowed to spread their genes...

5 minutes ago, chrissables said:

If you have been through the mill already, i accept you know more than me.

You start off with a huge disadvantage if you're a foreigner. We are not equal. Foreigners have to behave BETTER than Thai people. You cannot risk laying your hands on a Thai person no matter how justified you think it is.

Here's an idea.  Everyone get their Thai better half to respond on social media, explaining that this wouldn't have arisen if at least 50% of the Thai population weren't complete dipshits when it came to trying to drive a car, truck. minibus or motorbike on public roads :laugh:

1 minute ago, tropo said:

It would be very difficult to survive in Thailand if you were a hot-headed driver. You'd be angry all day long.

Thats right just the stress of getting so angry will put you on the burn pile. I drive 50,000 klics a year here mostly golfing and my friends and I just laugh about the driving incidents. I never assume that when turning left there won't be one coming right at me though. My A-1 insurance has paid for any damage they have done. Its my choice to be here and I know they don't teach drivers ed here.

2 hours ago, gdgbb said:

"...they could have died..."

There's that fatuous remark again, unless you can explain how they could have died in this incident?  How badly were the children injured?

Errr- because it could have been more than a sideswipe- just because it wasn't in THIS case doesn't mean it could not have been far worse. I had a guy swerve right in front of me this morning; you guessed it- he was playing with his phone. If I hadn't had space beside me he would have hit me. He was most indignant when I hit the horn though.

The guy over-reacted but if I had kids I would probably feel the same- too many ignorant drivers on the road.

3 hours ago, Mook23 said:

Uk bloke acted like a,hole. Obviously doesn't understand Thainess nor thai language. Half man half ape like so many farlang here... 

Awww- don't judge yourself so badly- I'm sure someone loves you.