Video of farang involved in Bangkok road rage incident goes viral

webfact

3 minutes ago, billmichael said:

That is disgraceful behavior.  No wonder farang(s) are disliked so much.  They seem to forget whose country they are in.  I feel bad for the Thai people.  There was no cause for such an uncivilized outburst.

Do you think that incidents such as this are the reasons Thais don't like Farangs, or is that foreigners in general? I think you're wrong about that - they have a history of not liking foreigners, whether they're Asian, SE Asian or any other nationality. 

This is why we must be on our best behaviour at all times. If you can't control it, you'll end up with grief that is hard to bear. When you travel to Thailand it is best to leave your egos at home.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, tropo said:

Do you think that incidents such as this are the reasons Thais don't like Farangs, or is that foreigners in general? I think you're wrong about that - they have a history of not liking foreigners, whether they're Asian, SE Asian or any other nationality. 

This is why we must be on our best behaviour at all times. If you can't control it, you'll end up with grief that is hard to bear. When you travel to Thailand it is best to leave your egos at home.

I follow a group of Thais on Twitter who are actors and writers in the film industry there @MakeItRightSQ .  Their comments show me that they dislike "Americans", "White People", and so on.  Although it hurts my feelings (because I really, actually, like THEM), I can understand why they are this way toward outsiders.  When many visitors to your country think it is perfectly O.K. to use and abuse you and your countrymen, then "Heck Yeah...!!!", I can see exactly why they have a dim view of guests whether invited or not.  I do not blame these people for being "clannish".  Not just for one incident like this but for a long history of visitors who think they can wipe their feet on the indigenous population.

1 hour ago, billmichael said:

I follow a group of Thais on Twitter who are actors and writers in the film industry there @MakeItRightSQ .  Their comments show me that they dislike "Americans", "White People", and so on.  Although it hurts my feelings (because I really, actually, like THEM), I can understand why they are this way toward outsiders.  When many visitors to your country think it is perfectly O.K. to use and abuse you and your countrymen, then "Heck Yeah...!!!", I can see exactly why they have a dim view of guests whether invited or not.  I do not blame these people for being "clannish".  Not just for one incident like this but for a long history of visitors who think they can wipe their feet on the indigenous population.

You really don't need to continually blame yourself and the rest of us for attitudes here...

Are you aware of their attitude toward and treatment of their close SE Asian neighbours, whom they consider inferior? This has nothing to do with visitors' attitudes. It started long before Thailand became a popular tourist destination. It started centuries ago in battle. Farang are only a small percentage of international visitors, and not responsible for their attitudes.

Thai rak Thai was popular for a reason.

it's all too common in this our adopted home country . everybody is getting less patient with each other . at the end as a foreigner , if you can't live with the possibility of getting your car scratched once in a while , don't drive here . and if it happens , for crying out loud don't get out of your car and start acting like a lunatic . the guy was quite lucky not to get hurt afterwards . we as foreigners are here as guests , and whatever rules , regulations , customs , ect are in existence we'll have to accept . God knows it's not easy , also for myself but if I have learned one thing in the last 30 years since I came here first , it's futile to go against it . 'nough said

20 hours ago, johnny Cage said:

"Leave Thailand you mean farang". Like asking a Thai in my country to leave for being an a**hole. Doesn't seem right.

Yes but your country probably has the rule of law and and may even not allow discrimination against other races.  This is not such a country.

21 hours ago, colinneil said:

Crazy stupid Englishman, could have ended up him being seriously hurt.

Going over the top about his kids, should have just got in his car and gone home.

Over the top yes, but he doesnt sound English to me.

Anyone who has driven a car in Thailand knows the risks involved with driving. Noting is gained in this kind of behavior and it sure is a poor example for the kids in the car. Road rage has become a real problem in many countries, Thailand included.

Though the farang is overreacting and should have resorted to doing things the legal way.......the messages that the background of the video , spoken by some illegitimate children...is rather disturbing. Shows the views of what most thais, thai authorities think......thsi is thailand, we thais can do as we please....you foreigners are shit and foreign lives do not matter...we only want your money!....Really all you stupid foreigners coming to stay in thailand and invest or even visit thailand or support thailand in any way even by buying thai products....should reconsider! Please help dessiminate this video to all foreign media with translations of what the people in the background are saying.