"Reports of his death are greatly exaggerated!" Thaksin lives, says daughter

webfact

"Reports of his death are greatly exaggerated!" Thaksin lives, says daughter

p2.jpg

Picture: Manager Online

BANGKOK: -- Reports from the UK that former PM Thaksin Shinawatra is dead are just clickbait.

Thaksin's daughter has gone online to say that daddy is alive and well. Though she seems to have been partly conned by comments supposedly from Donald Trump.

Reports of Thaksin's demise appeared on a site designed to resemble the UK's "Daily Telegraph" website.

But telegraph-tv.co.uk is just a con site though it appears to have other news of a true nature.

The former PM's daughter Paethongtan Shinawatra - better known as "Ung-Ing" went on Instagram to say: "My dad is fine - he is in great health."

But following a purported Twitter message of condolence from US Presidential candidate Donald Trump, Ung-Ing seems to have been taken in a bit by the story.

"I would like to thank Donald Trump for his best wishes," she said, "even though you must be so busy with the election".

A message from @realDonaldTrump reported on the same Telegraph site said: RIP Thaksin Shinawatra. You contributed your part to the world.

But this was shown to be just more clickbait and totally false though it was retweeted more than 20,000 times and liked 46,000 times.

Manager.co.th reported that .uk domain names are easy to get for a 350 baht and there are no checks. Some fake sites use .me.uk or .org.uk as well, said the Thai news site.

Manager claimed that .th has more credibility with domain names verified through t.h.nic co. ltd that costs at least 856 baht and can set you back 7,704 baht for ten year usage.

Source: Manager.co.th

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-11-08

So is it true that he was very sick then? Why she doesn't say it ain't true at all?

I wouldn't read that much in to it - she is paraphrasing Mark Twain who said something similar after his obituary was mistakenly printed in a newspaper.

Any publicity is good publicity!!
He & Sister thrive on it... no doubt she will have something to say as well & media will lap it up...

She seemed to be doing quite well on her own over the last week or so - maybe someone else thought it might be useful to remind everyone that Thailands favourite bogeyman was still there behind her.

12 minutes ago, eggers said:

Any publicity is good publicity!!

He & Sister thrive on it... no doubt she will have something to say as well & media will lap it up...

So you have proof the Shins setup this fake announcement ? Or don't you need proof because they are the "evil"Shins ? 

3 hours ago, Thailand said:

.co.uk ,.uk domain names require a credible UK presence for the domain admin.

Any domain/extension can be used for clikbait, even .co.th etc.

I don't think Thaksin would go quietly, no matter when he meets his demise.

He'll go whimpering and bawling like the coward he is. He can't pay thugs to beat up death for him.

3 hours ago, Orac said:

I wouldn't read that much in to it - she is paraphrasing Mark Twain who said something similar after his obituary was mistakenly printed in a newspaper.

It wasn't a Mark Twain paraphrase. It's the exact quote (other than 'his' instead of 'my'). I'm a bit surprised some people seem to be unaware of it. It is probably the most famous quote of any American novelist. I wonder what he'd say about the election?

1 hour ago, Thechook said:

He can't die, Prayuth needs him alive.  Without the boogie man the junta is nothing.  Long live Thaksin.

Not necessarily. Their friends on here will be accusing Thaksin of masterminding crimes from beyond the grave when eventually he does pass away, so why can't the junta do the same...

Archived