Permanent Permit to Work: Entertainer (piggy backing teacher permit)

So I'm an English teacher, and like so many others, a musician/DJ. 

I have a school sponsored permit to work and VISA.

I've read up on the legalities of being a DJ or musician, which is basically legally impossible in Thailand. However, I realised that as I have qualified for, and have a work permit, I can add further occupations and places of work.

I want to DJ in different bars around Thailand. Previously it has been said that if a person makes sure they pay tax, and can show the invoice/'official' paperwork for tax, that most authroities are happy.

This was then officially debunked saying that the permit to work is the key legal hurdle here.

My question then.

If I approach an entrainment company of any kind and ask to work for them, and therefore invoice bars/clubs through them as a subcontractor and pay my taxes would I now have all bases covered?

I would clearly need to give them a cut (for the sake of hassle of invoicing and tax). It's really a 'fun' thing for me than a serious money spinner (every baht counts though) so I'm not looking for big money,  just to make sure I'm legal and I the Thai company I pay for are ok with the paperwork?

So, at the work permit office, on my school teacher work permit (not licensed but differed at the moment), I pay to add a line stating that I also work as an entertainer with the Thai media/entertainment company, with their address as the legal address. 

I pay the entertainment company to invoice for my work, and I pay my taxes after they take their cut.

Hey presto I'm Dj'ing or playing in a band, have a permit to do so, and pay tax on the income.

What do you legal gurus think to this one?

Thanks,

Tim

Edited by Mittens79

You can only add another Employer with the permission of the Company (in your case the School) who originally applied for your Work Permit.

As mentioned above I also agree that working as a "DJ" or a musician late into the night or early morning would make the School very doubtful of your stamina to pursue both "careers" effectively ........... and indeed your commitment to being a Teacher, which I believe would be a major, justified consideration for the School should you approach them with this proposal.

You say "every Baht counts"; there's another saying .... "a bird in the hand.......".

Patrick

2 minutes ago, IMA_FARANG said:

It all depends on whether or not your real employer, the school you work for, allows you to add being a DJ to the work permit.

By the way, does DJ stand for Dumb Jerk who plays records or not?

I think they use USB sticks these days and play a  music set mashed together earlier.