US Democrats in Thailand voice support after Duckworth victory

webfact

US Democrats in Thailand voice support after Duckworth victory
By KASAMAKORN CHANWANPEN 
THE NATION

td.jpg

Democrat politician Tammy Duckworth campaigns a few days before yesterday’s US election, when she was elected as a senator from Illinois.

BANGKOK: -- AMERICAN DEMOCRATIC supporters in Thailand are congratulating Tammy Duckworth on her victory to represent Illinois in the Upper House.

Representative Tammy Duckworth won Tuesday night’s US Senate race against Senator Mark Kirk, restoring a seat to the Democrats that was once held by Barack Obama, Huffington online reported.

Duckworth, a Thai-American, Iraq War veteran and two-term congresswoman, will be the second Asian-American senator and the first female senator to have seen combat. She is also the second woman in Illinois’s history to become a senator. The first, Carol Moseley Braun, served from 1993 to 1999.

Duckworth’s victory also means both of the state’s senators are now Democrats.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/politics/30299613

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2016-11-10

41 minutes ago, captspectre said:

Duckworth has paid her dues and she should be given every chance to suceed. if memory serves me right she was a helecopter pilot and was wounded in a helo crash in iraq.

Yes, Blackhawk down. A true heroine.

I met her at a VFW meeting when she was running for office in Illinois, They never let her take the stand as I lived in a very right wing area. You would have thought they would have respected her service enough to overlook party loyalty. I was not happy about that.

4 minutes ago, captspectre said:

she was NOT in blackhawk down! google it!

No she wasn't in the movie BUT.........

"She lost her right leg near the hip and her left leg below the knee[11] from injuries sustained on November 12, 2004, when the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter she was co-piloting was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade fired by Iraqi insurgents."[12] Wiki.

Is there anything in this I missed? I wouldn't want to be accused of nit-picking.

1 minute ago, ratcatcher said:

No she wasn't in the movie BUT.........

"She lost her right leg near the hip and her left leg below the knee[11] from injuries sustained on November 12, 2004, when the UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter she was co-piloting was hit by a rocket-propelled grenade fired by Iraqi insurgents."[12] Wiki.

Is there anything in this I missed? I wouldn't want to be accused of nit-picking.

No, you are quite correct! it is the term "black Hawk" down that is vague, it insinuates that she was on that mission. 

Just now, captspectre said:

No, you are quite correct! it is the term "black Hawk" down that is vague, it insinuates that she was on that mission. 

Thank you, my bad. It was my error for not saying the Blackhawk chopper she was co-piloting was downed. by Iraqi insurgents.:thumbsup: