Mole Removal Clinic BKK

ClutchClark

Hello Everyone,

I will be returning to BKK for the holidays and hope to find a clinic in BKK that performs laser surgery mole removal.

I am too old to care if they are cancerous or not so I don't need the extra expense of a Dermatologist, I would like to just receive any recommendations for any "shops" that remove moles by laser.

I thought I had read previous discussions on here but my search came up empty.

Thanks for any assistance or advice.

Have no idea how old that is or why they need to be removed but dermatologists are very low fee at all but the most expensive hospitals.  I would not use laser over cryotherapy (liquid nitrogen) if you are not going to test for cancer as cryosurgery is easier/cheaper and much more effective at killing cancer cells from my understanding (although it may take more than one visit so perhaps not good on a quick visit).  But deep moles may need normal surgery removal.

Bear in mind that if a mole is cancerous, it is melanoma, a really lethal and vast growing  form of skin cancer and an entirely different matter from garden variety skin cancers that are slow growing.

Which is not to say that every mole removed should be biopsied, no reasonable person would suggest that. But if it is a suspicious looking mole then no matter how old you are, it is worth biopsing.

The other issue with moles is they are not easy to remove by laser and laser removal offers no advanatges, not in terms of cost, speed or cosmetic result. In fact I can't think of any reason why one would want to do it that way.

Basically there are 3 recommend methods depending on how deep the mole is:

1. Excision by simply "shaving" it off with a scalpel. Takes seconds, requires no stitches.Painless under local anesthetic,

2. Punch excision - a small sort of hole-puncher device shaped kind of like a pen is placed over the mole and "punches" downward and twists, removing it. Painless under local anesthetic, takes less than a minute to do.

3. Only if the mole is too deep for either of the above (in which case a laser wouldn't be able to get it either), then surgical  excision  - still an office procedure, but taking a little longer (i.e. maybe 15 minutes) and will likely require a suture or two.

I suggest you just see a dermatologist at one of the less expensive hospitals and get their advice on the best way to remove.  Dr. Parichart at  St Louis is  ne I would suggest and likely cost less than at any of the laser clinics, which are  geared towards cosmetic procedures.

• 2 weeks later...
On November 11, 2016 at 0:15 AM, Sheryl said:

Bear in mind that if a mole is cancerous, it is melanoma, a really lethal and vast growing  form of skin cancer and an entirely different matter from garden variety skin cancers that are slow growing.

Which is not to say that every mole removed should be biopsied, no reasonable person would suggest that. But if it is a suspicious looking mole then no matter how old you are, it is worth biopsing.

The other issue with moles is they are not easy to remove by laser and laser removal offers no advanatges, not in terms of cost, speed or cosmetic result. In fact I can't think of any reason why one would want to do it that way.

Basically there are 3 recommend methods depending on how deep the mole is:

1. Excision by simply "shaving" it off with a scalpel. Takes seconds, requires no stitches.Painless under local anesthetic,

2. Punch excision - a small sort of hole-puncher device shaped kind of like a pen is placed over the mole and "punches" downward and twists, removing it. Painless under local anesthetic, takes less than a minute to do.

3. Only if the mole is too deep for either of the above (in which case a laser wouldn't be able to get it either), then surgical  excision  - still an office procedure, but taking a little longer (i.e. maybe 15 minutes) and will likely require a suture or two.

I suggest you just see a dermatologist at one of the less expensive hospitals and get their advice on the best way to remove.  Dr. Parichart at  St Louis is  ne I would suggest and likely cost less than at any of the laser clinics, which are  geared towards cosmetic procedures.

Thank you for this detailed information. I will be staying in Sathorn so St Louis Hospital is walking distance away from my hotel.

I have spent a lifetime outdoors in the high elevations of Colorado and had moles sliced and burned off and some large enough to suture.  Skin cancer is very common here.  I thought maybe this laser technique, which we don't have here, was some new technological advance. I am surprised the laser would not result in less scarring. Are you saying it is equal to the first two methods you describe? Or will it actually scar more?

Thanks again.

Edited by ClutchClark