Army angers boat owners by demolishing Bali Hai boat ramp

Rimmer

23 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

These boat operators..and of course, their "managers", never pay any costs for the management of the ramps, storage, drag their boats where ever as if they own the roads, leave their garbage on the ground, never clean fuel and oil spills...they're just thieving grubs that have been out of control for years (similar to the jet skis) until the military came along.

The Tessaban and police have been sharing these operators for years

Kudos to the army to rid Pattaya of these people.

The problem is they didn't get rid of these people, they just moved them down the road to Jomtien.

Not looking forward to that mayhem when I get back. :bah:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I agree- the entertainment business dedicated to wholesome entertainment for travelers and families will be a success without the vice component . vice is what they are going to clamp down on. The powers that be are tired of Thailand being known as the prime destination for vice and they want to get rid of the vice and the tourist/expat that it attracts. You can already see it happening in Bangkok. Nana Plaza and Soi Cowboy are occupying prime land in the heart of Sukhumvit Road. A developer is going to make an offer the owners cannot refuse and the owners of the land know that the Junta wants this type of business to go   The GoGo business is going to eventually die a natural death because of lack of customers and pressure by the authorities on hiring; closing hours and licensing. I can remember a time when it never existed. Smart owners are making their moves now.  Other owners won't believe it and they will go bankrupt. Change is everywhere these days.  Whether Pattaya  or Bangkok- those who survive accept the change and adapt.

Sounds good on paper, but do you really expect international travelers to pick the beaches and waters of Pattaya

for a destination travel spot. Of course you can easily clean the beaches but the water is disgusting. I only use

the pool where I live in Jomtien. :sad:

11 hours ago, Thaidream said:

Walking street is next. This regime is determined to change the face of Pattaya from a lawless sin city to a place for Asian tourists and Thai families. After Walking street is redesigned- the regime will come down hard on the GoGo Bars ; sex shows and the overt solicitation of sex.  The Western tourists who come for the action will find there is little action and go elsewhere which is what the regime wants. The bar owners who haven't sold should do so as quick as possible because their days are numbered or they should move to a more discrete area. This regime is going to be around for a long time. 

Yes, this is a war against those who think they are above the law.

2 hours ago, Basil B said:

Yes, this is a war against those who think they are above the law.

Yes, kudos to the current regime for the work they do. It will go back to normal again when we have democratic elections and money rule more freely again

23 hours ago, craigt3365 said:

Have you seen many boats going through Jomtien?  I've only made one trip there since my return and did see one trying to go past the "round about" being pulled by an under powered 4 wheel ATV.  Made a mess of the traffic.

Can't say that I have noticed any here. They mostly seem to be anchored along Pattaya beach.

6 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The government hasn't done anything to stop the jet ski operators from ripping off all variety of tourists.

You think so?

When is the last time you heard of such ripping?

There is now a lot of less jet ski on Pattaya beach, and they now have a mandatory insurance.

There is also a small "office" on the beach in case of any trouble with them

but I didn't see any "client" there for at least 1 month

It's Nov 24-27 at Ocean Marina.  They've definitely got sailboats on offer, seen several over the years.  Food, drinks, exhibitions, great fun!

http://oceanmarinapattayaboatshow.com/

Yes ,I go to the Boat Private place.you can't drive to the shoreline it walking only. The biggest Sunseeker I've seen in Thailand was there last week

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 2 months later...
On 11/13/2016 at 8:30 AM, Pattaya46 said:

You think so?

When is the last time you heard of such ripping?

There is now a lot of less jet ski on Pattaya beach, and they now have a mandatory insurance.

There is also a small "office" on the beach in case of any trouble with them

but I didn't see any "client" there for at least 1 month

But do they still scam on pattaya ? I didn't follow up.

On 11/11/2016 at 4:05 PM, kmj said:

well it will stop them coming back and parking there again in 2 weeks time

So no there will be plenty of boats on Jomtien beach. Will the army destroy Jomtien's beach then?

Might be another traffic issue also. We have lot of Taxi and bus. Next , the boats on the road?

Edited by bodymassagemyfriend