SURVEY: Did the US elect the right person as President?

Scott

SURVEY: Is President-elect, Donald, the right person to be the next President?  

504 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Si Thea01 said:

Why, because you say so?  One had to be right and he won, didn't he?:wai:

A question like this is asking for an opinion... how can I give an opinion without saying so? In my opinion one does not have to be right, and winning does not make him right - otherwise there is no reason for such a question and survey... I am not contesting the obvious outcome, just offering an opinion as I was asked for one... 

you, on the other hand.... well, it seems like you are attacking anyone who has a different opinion than yours... which does seem to fit nicely with the results... 

• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, elgordo38 said:

We are in a nightmare now with your choice not mine. It was a fun comment as as usual you took it really really seriously and out of context lighten up smell the roses get a girlfriend and get high. 

Gee here you go again, mine was a fun comment too, it was never taken seriously or out of context, so please take it the way it was written, not what you want to turn it into.  Yes, he was my preferred candidate but can you really say that it is now a nightmare with a straight face.  As for roses, I have  garden full and also a wife and if getting high is your pleasure, it's not mine    :wai:

1 minute ago, Si Thea01 said:

Gee here you go again, mine was a fun comment too, it was never taken seriously or out of context, so please take it the way it was written, not what you want to turn it into.  Yes, he was my preferred candidate but can you really say that it is now a nightmare with a straight face.  As for roses, I have  garden full and also a wife and if getting high is your pleasure, it's not mine    :wai:

I can see by the survey results that a good percentage are happy with the results. Yes we the ones that lived the true "golden years"  and are now retired can vote any way we

Just now, elgordo38 said:

I can see by the survey results that a good percentage are happy with the results. Yes we the ones that lived the true "golden years"  and are now retired can vote any way we

Lets agree to disagree and move on verbal SB fights are not my thing. 

On 11/12/2016 at 0:07 PM, Aforek said:

right, in my country ( France ), Clinton wins, but at 69 years old and her strange behavior I think anyway she's not the good person

How vote works in USA is very strange to me  ( as strange as baseball or American football I must say :smile:)

Your football teams can't make a homerun........

14 minutes ago, elgordo38 said:

Lets agree to disagree and move on verbal SB fights are not my thing. 

Not a problem, but there was never any offence meant, just a bit of banter and you took it well. :wai:

Edited by Si Thea01

12 minutes ago, kenk24 said:

A question like this is asking for an opinion... how can I give an opinion without saying so? In my opinion one does not have to be right, and winning does not make him right - otherwise there is no reason for such a question and survey... I am not contesting the obvious outcome, just offering an opinion as I was asked for one... 

you, on the other hand.... well, it seems like you are attacking anyone who has a different opinion than yours... which does seem to fit nicely with the results... 

No but I have to disagree, the first question does not require an opinion, just a yes or no answer.  Same as the second question, it does not require an opinion, again, only a simple yes or no.  As for attacking others, sorry if you do not know  the difference between attack and banter.  Enjoy the rest of your day. :wai:

1 hour ago, Shawn0000 said:

Absolutely, and where is the link between those actions and the charity mentioned?  That is what the article claims without giving a scrap of evidence to support that claim, no doubt because there isn't any!  Tell me, if I organize a protest, call on people to join me and some of those people happen to behave unlawfully, then would I be accountable?

I would think so - linked by the umbrella of the event you have created....Without your impetus there is no event so there would be no malfeasance that could be attributed to you if Tom/Dick/Harry decide to go loose cannon.....

But once the loose cannons are there at your management then yes, I think there would be responsibility.....

Probably a real good reason the organizers operate from the shadows.....

I personally would like to see them found out & brought up on charges.....It would stop some.....

But I think they are very good at shapeshifting keeping the man behind the curtain masked.....

As I mentioned earlier- I do not see Trump himself as a problem. However some of the people he is considering adding to his cabinet are the very same people who caused the problems that Americans have become so angry about.

- John Bolton- former UN Ambassador- a neocon who pushed Bush into Iraq. Trump states he was against the Iraq war. Why would you want Bolton as Secretary of State?

-Jamie Dimon- CEO of chase Bank- one of the architects of the 2008  economic meltdown and fought against any type of consumer protection laws . Why would you want this man as Secretary of the Treasury.

-LTGEN Michel Flynn- former Director of the Defense Intel Agency- relieved of Command and a neo con hawk who has advocated conflict with Iran. Why would you want him as Secretary of Defense.

- Chris Christie-Governor of New Jersey- advocated for a cabinet position. He was aware of a plan to shut down lanes of the Brooklyn Bridge as payback for being snubbed by the Mayor of Fort Lee NJ- this caused 3 days of commuter gridlock causing huges losses of business to New Jersey and New York. Why would you want someone so unstable in your cabinet?

I see no one on his proposed cabinet picks who are women or minorities with the possible exception of Dr Ben Carson. NOt only does this list show a lack of diversity - it shows a lack of diverse opinions and expertise.

I will give him a chance but I do not like most of the people he is vetting for his cabinet.

This is one survey that i dont want to give an opinion on.Both contestants were,economical with the truth.Both were capable of vitriolic accusations of each other.Neither was right for the job,if you look at the FBI cover up and the remarks made about women.Equally untrustworthy.

But one was elected,one won the popular vote.

Only time will tell.

No,one can give a reasonable verdict now.

12 minutes ago, pattayalover said:

I like Trump. the only problem I have with him is the climate change.

I think the USA should go full green.
I would use Tesla manager as adviser.

steel and coal are part of the past.

Climate change is something that many people disagree over, however, there is definitely climate change and it occurs on a daily basis, sometimes hour by hour.  I don't want to debate the for and against or get off topic  but I suggest you check on what is happening in Australia before you suggest that Trump is wrong.  Man is not God, he cannot change the climate no matter how much those who say they can, can.  :wai:

41 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

I would think so - linked by the umbrella of the event you have created....Without your impetus there is no event so there would be no malfeasance that could be attributed to you if Tom/Dick/Harry decide to go loose cannon.....

But once the loose cannons are there at your management then yes, I think there would be responsibility.....

Probably a real good reason the organizers operate from the shadows.....

I personally would like to see them found out & brought up on charges.....It would stop some.....

But I think they are very good at shapeshifting keeping the man behind the curtain masked.....

Your thoughts are incorrect, if I organize what I intend to be a peaceful protest and some attendees commit criminal offenses at the event then I would not be charged, it happens all the time and the organizers are not held accountable unless they themselves can be proven to have provoked the crimes.  Otherwise we would have seem Trump held accountable for the violence committed at his own gatherings, wouldn't we?  Some tried in vain to have charges against him made due to his provocative language, but that did not stick.  So in light of the reality, what would those charges be?

17 minutes ago, Si Thea01 said:

Climate change is something that many people disagree over, however, there is definitely climate change and it occurs on a daily basis, sometimes hour by hour.  I don't want to debate the for and against or get off topic  but I suggest you check on what is happening in Australia before you suggest that Trump is wrong.  Man is not God, he cannot change the climate no matter how much those who say they can, can.  :wai:

So we can see that it is true, there really are people who don't know the difference between climate and weather.  I will not argue against your belief in God being the only force capable of changing climate, that is OK, you can believe in what you want, but do go and have a read about weather and climate, the mixing of the two is one of the main ways the rest of the world ridicules Americans, do yourself a favor and take a little of that chance away from them by learning the difference.

I like Trump. the only problem I have with him is the climate change.

I think the USA should go full green.
I would use Tesla manager as adviser.

steel and coal are part of the past.

So you like the anti gay rights stuff, the make abortion illegal stuff, the repress minority voters stuff as well? Just checking.

More than 60% of ThaiVisa members is in favor of Trump... Unbelievable!!!
Rascist, sexist, fascist, rapist, pussy-grabbing and so much more....

God bless America, but God left.......

Sorry, but I am just speechless.... I was under the impression that TV-members were more intelligent and human, so disappointed :sad:

Edited by JulesMad

I am neither a fan of Trump or Clinton nor indeed of any President USA has had in my lifetime. Give Trump a chance: from what I can gather he is going to take the politics out of politics. He is certainly rough round the edges and he might ruffle some feathers at home and abroad. Who says this will or won't work? he has done his talking, let's see how he acts and what he achieves that can be construed as more beneficial than harmful.

Now he is in I wish him good luck in his thankless task.

50 minutes ago, JulesMad said:

Sorry, but I am just speechless.... I was under the impression that TV-members were more intelligent and human, so disappointed :sad:

Oh, no, another bigotted Clinton fanboy calling people who support Trump deplorable.

Please go away - This has been done to death already.  

On 11/12/2016 at 4:10 AM, Rob13 said:

This election was off the rails from a long time ago. Hilary was the wrong person, Trump is the wrong person. Hopefully Trump has enough sense though  to rise above the playground mentality of his campaign of name calling  and late night tweets  to fill the shoes of a leader and develop the skills to workout some of the problems facing the country. Time will tell. It's hard to have confidence in someone who ridiculed a handicapped on national TV then tried to deny it though.

Yes you are so right in this,...

Best regards.

1 hour ago, JulesMad said:

Have you forgotten the majority that voted for him? Nearly the same margin! Meaning the TV forum "vote" is similarly divided. Seems like you are the only "sane" one around here, but nevertheless in the minority.

The idiots have run amok.  No one knows what Trump will do, because he changes his mind like the wind direction.    No matter for his low-info supporters, they just wanted the black man out.   Drain the swamp someone said?   Trump is currently filling in his administration with lobbyists.   He doesn't know how to do the job, so he has to.   Going to build a wall?  No not really, the border guards don't want one, it cuts down visibility.   Scrap "Obamacare"?   Trump said he want to keep the parts about kids up to 26, and the pre-existing conditions, so it looks like we still are going to have "Obamacare".   Its only been three days!    Republicans are suckers!

16 minutes ago, Johnniey said:

I had no idea of the extent of her corruption until watching this vdo.

Anonymous?  This was made by Citizens United, the conservative organization founded by Floyd Brown of USA Radio Network, the pro-Trump conservative radio talk show, with financing from the Koch family, the overseers of Trumps donor network, and an organization currently run by none other than David Bossie the deputy campaign manager of the Trump campaign!  The poster on Youtube has just said it is by anonymous in attempt to give it some credibility and disguise it's obvious political bias.

13 minutes ago, Shawn0000 said:

Anonymous?  This was made by Citizens United, the conservative organization founded by Floyd Brown of USA Radio Network, the pro-Trump conservative radio talk show, with financing from the Koch family, the overseers of Trumps donor network, and an organization currently run by none other than David Bossie the deputy campaign manager of the Trump campaign!  The poster on Youtube has just said it is by anonymous in attempt to give it some credibility and disguise it's obvious political bias.

Thanks, bu I don't really care who it's by, the contents show that Clinton is highly corrupt and used her position to gain financially, which is illegal an immoral.