Trump names Priebus, Bannon to senior White House roles

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it's all uncharted territory and as they say, time will tell.  So far he is still backtracking on his campaign promises and that is a great relief.  Deporting the immigrants has now been completely downplayed to "only those who are criminals" and the figure is way below the original promise  He is now saying nearer to 2 million.  I don't think anyone argues with deporting foreign criminals.  Now the Clintons are good people and he doesn't want to do anything to hurt them.  Draining the swamp has become very selective but all this is good to hear and let's hope he keeps going.  After all the wall has become a fence and maybe not even that in places and the rhetoric has turned to making the border more secure.  Not much wrong with that.

I suspect he will appoint the "right" people to the decision making roles so that he can always cover himself when the sh*t hits the fan

2 hours ago, jaidam said:

Bannon is a political genius. At Breitbart, faced with no factual arguments from his detractors other than to scream Racist! and Bigot! and consider their argument won, what does Bannon do? He brings on board Raheem Kassan. Brilliant! Watch him bring onto team Trump the likes of Ayaan Ali Hirsi. This is pure poetry in motion. After that it will be time for Trumps illogical haters to start searching for factual arguments, rather than rely on the tired old racist and bigot argument enders. 

In regards to Bannon, I know very little about him. 

I did just find this in a Fox News story:

"In a sworn court declaration following their divorce, Mary Louise Piccard said her ex-husband [Bannon] had objected to sending their twin daughters to an elite Los Angeles academy because he "didn't want the girls going to school with Jews.""

And there's more at the following:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/14/trumps-appointment-bannon-receives-wave-criticism.html

And Huff Post has stated the following:

"Breitbart has propagated conspiracy theories, like Planned Parenthood having Nazi ties or Clinton aide Huma Abedin being a spy for Saudi Arabia."  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-bannon-chief-strategist_us_5828e1d4e4b0c4b63b0d33d7

If the above quotes are true, then the notion of Bannon being "a political genius" and soon to be so influential in Oval Office decisions is a very scary thought.

I

3 minutes ago, helpisgood said:

In regards to Bannon, I know very little about him. 

I did just find this in a Fox News story:

"In a sworn court declaration following their divorce, Mary Louise Piccard said her ex-husband [Bannon] had objected to sending their twin daughters to an elite Los Angeles academy because he "didn't want the girls going to school with Jews.""

And there's more at the following:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/14/trumps-appointment-bannon-receives-wave-criticism.html

And Huff Post has stated the following:

"Breitbart has propagated conspiracy theories, like Planned Parenthood having Nazi ties or Clinton aide Huma Abedin being a spy for Saudi Arabia."  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/steve-bannon-chief-strategist_us_5828e1d4e4b0c4b63b0d33d7

If the above quotes are true, then the notion of Bannon being "a political genius" and soon to be so influential in Oval Office decisions is a very scary thought.

I

Hearsay from a bitter divorce, nothing to see there.

Huma Abedins links to radical Islamic extremism/Saudi Arabia are well documented(although not by Huffington Post!!) Research her mother and father for a start. After you did some basic googling, reconsider the ramifications of her storing over half a million confidential state emails on her home computer.

I'm not convinced of Priebus loyalty, but there must be a good reason for his inclusion. I trust Bannons judgement.

6 minutes ago, jaidam said:

Huma Abedins links to radical Islamic extremism/Saudi Arabia are well documented(although not by Huffington Post!!) Research her mother and father for a start. After you did some basic googling, reconsider the ramifications of her storing over half a million confidential state emails on her home computer.

I'm not convinced of Priebus loyalty, but there must be a good reason for his inclusion. I trust Bannons judgement.

Been on the news that the North Carolina KKK are having a celebration parade over their boy winning the election.  They are over the moon with Bannon's appointment.  Looks like it is finally going their way!

2 minutes ago, jaidam said:

Well-documented?  For example?  What are "links" exactly?  Was she an operative or merely from a Middle East family? 

No, I am not going to research her parents.  So what? 

I have noticed that you skipped over the Planned Parenthood allegation.  Any reason why?

Also, if the wife was merely restating what she heard him say regarding his own reasons for not sending the girls to that school, then the wife's statement is not hearsay.  Just the mere fact that someone would utter something as bigoted as that is meaningful. 

10 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

How on earth is Bannon going to get a security clearance sufficient to allow access to information that will be available at that level?

The same way Huma Abedin did. The relevant agencies responsible will prevent it if there's cause.

8 hours ago, Jingthing said:

The progressive Jewish perspective on what is happening. Accepting fascism in the white house as normal is not the way to resist it. Reading this you will see why the Bannon / Breitbart Pepe the Frog trolls of fascist hatred (now have gained massive power and influence in the upcoming trump regime) aggressively target Jewish journalists that say anything critical of trump with a wave of Nazi style social media attacks. trump is following Putin. So much is at risk including the freedom to criticize the "great" leader. Enjoy it while you can. 

http://org2.salsalabs.com/o/5149/p/dia/action3/common/public/?action_KEY=23793

Not that I think the new appointments are great, far from it (especially Bannon), but perhaps some are over-reacting, at least at this phase. Goes back to the "cry wolf" issue raised earlier (although, I get it some feel later would be too late). Be that as it may, and without saying I go for the OTT comparisons, somehow reminded me a bit of Philip Roth's novel, The Plot Against America. A good read, even if one doesn't go for the premise.

1 hour ago, jaidam said:

Huma Abedin would not be where she's at if she wasn't vetted by more than one US agency. But since your standard of "loyalty" seems to be Bannon (with Priebus appprently suspect), you'd probably be going for a conspiracy nonsense involving multiple US security agencies.

If they have been appointed then they need to exercise some measure of influence immediately. The embarrassing backflips, drip-fed through the media it twitter, need to stop immediately or he will alienate many of those who voted for him: after all the recurring theme of his campaign was that he was an outsider whose word could be trusted.

The clip with Obama was vomit material: looked like a deer caught in the headlights and did everything bar kneel and kiss his ring. Any half decent advisor would not have allowed that and instead  come up with a summary with words respectful of the office and grateful for the meeting. Not "he's a very good man" ( contrast with everything else he's EVER said about Obama). 

I guess it is stressful for him but IMO that was a piss weak performance and his supporters would have expected better. 

3 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

If they have been appointed then they need to exercise some measure of influence immediately. The embarrassing backflips, drip-fed through the media it twitter, need to stop immediately or he will alienate many of those who voted for him: after all the recurring theme of his campaign was that he was an outsider whose word could be trusted.

The clip with Obama was vomit material: looked like a deer caught in the headlights and did everything bar kneel and kiss his ring. Any half decent advisor would not have allowed that and instead  come up with a summary with words respectful of the office and grateful for the meeting. Not "he's a very good man" ( contrast with everything else he's EVER said about Obama). 

I guess it is stressful for him but IMO that was a piss weak performance and his supporters would have expected better. 

I think it gives a picture of the man and his principles.

I really think that  Trump has ordered his own demise with the appointment of Bannon as his Chief Political Strategist. The choice is so severe and Bannon is so despised by many including core members of the GOP, I am unsure how they (the GOP core members) will permit him to enter the hallowed halls of the White House in such a pivotal role. It is by displaying this type of woefully poor judgement that Trump will motivate the Reps to throw him under the bus after the electoral college confirm their votes in December. Just see what happens!

:partytime2:

From Bloomberg concerning Bannon:

This Man Is the Most Dangerous Political Operative in America

2 hours ago, Morch said:

Not that I think the new appointments are great, far from it (especially Bannon), but perhaps some are over-reacting, at least at this phase. Goes back to the "cry wolf" issue raised earlier (although, I get it some feel later would be too late). Be that as it may, and without saying I go for the OTT comparisons, somehow reminded me a bit of Philip Roth's novel, The Plot Against America. A good read, even if one doesn't go for the premise.

Time will tell. Time will tell. I don't want to be right about my concern about what this means, but I think you get that I might be.

It's no wonder that Jew haters of all kinds, the KKK, Nazis, white supremacists, "alt-right" (Bannon's movement) etc. are all celebrating that Bannon has been picked as the most important insider adviser for the trump regime. If American Jews aren't freaked out by that, they're not AWAKE.

Alas, they are.

(Technically,  unable to use quote tool here)

"Trump’s triumph has unleashed the pent up resentment against Jews. His reluctance to tackle manifestations of racism and white supremacism among his supporters has energized and empowered it. If he and his advisers don’t take assertive steps soon, anti-Jewish agitators will feel they have a license from the White House to do as they please. They will get bolder, grow stronger, recruit new adherents and increasingly resort to violence: we’ve seen it before.

But even if brazen anti-Semitic incidents are quelled or die down by themselves, there is no denying that Jews have transformed virtually overnight from insiders to outsiders. Not only did they vote overwhelmingly for Hillary Clinton, prominent conservative Jews who could have allayed their concerns are the ones who have distanced themselves from Trump over the course of the campaign and will play no role in his administration."

http://forward.com/opinion/national/354344/steve-bannon-signals-coming-storm-for-jews-in-age-of-donald-trump/?attribution=home-hero-item-text-3

From the ADL

CxMC8j2WgAE8Pgl.jpg

http://forward.com/news/354329/will-steve-bannon-be-the-anti-semitic-firebrand-in-donald-trumps-inner-circ/?attribution=home-hero-item-text-1

Edited by Jingthing

23 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

I really think that  Trump has ordered his own demise with the appointment of Bannon as his Chief Political Strategist. The choice is so severe and Bannon is so despised by many including core members of the GOP, I am unsure how they (the GOP core members) will permit him to enter the hallowed halls of the White House in such a pivotal role. It is by displaying this type of woefully poor judgement that Trump will motivate the Reps to throw him under the bus after the electoral college confirm their votes in December. Just see what happens!

:partytime2:

From Bloomberg concerning Bannon:

This Man Is the Most Dangerous Political Operative in America

I may be proven wrong in very short order but I don't think Trump will exhibit the same loyalty to personnel, party or even principle that has bogged down so many prior administrations. If he puts up a strong fight for Bannon or others like him, he will create a fortress like White House and we know how that story ends.

Seems like Bannon's tenure in the Trump organization will be a short one as he will be investigated by the FBI for violating campaign finance laws.

Steve Bannon reported to the FBI for allegedly violating campaign finance laws

http://www.salon.com/2016/11/16/steve-bannon-reported-to-the-fbi-for-allegedly-violating-campaign-finance-laws/

Seems like Bannon's tenure in the Trump organization will be a short one as he will be investigated by the FBI for violating campaign finance laws.

Steve Bannon reported to the FBI for allegedly violating campaign finance laws
http://www.salon.com/2016/11/16/steve-bannon-reported-to-the-fbi-for-allegedly-violating-campaign-finance-laws/

Hope so.

More on Bannon:sick:, and his atrociously hateful Breitbart:sick:, which trump is trying to act is just another "normal" media outlet.:post-4641-1156694606:

No, no, no. The notion that Breitbart is “just a publication,” like the Times but just several notches to the right, is untrue and unacceptable. There are any number of conservative publications and websites that would fit that description.

Breitbart is something different entirely. That Trump would put it in the same category exposes both his failure to understand the role of the media and his failure to recognize — or to care about — the offensiveness of what Breitbart, under the Bannon regime, represents.

Breitbart isn’t “just a publication.” It’s a pestilence — one whose repugnant views Trump has invited into his White House.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/breitbart-isnt-just-a-publication-its-a-pestilence/2016/11/23/949618d2-b1b9-11e6-840f-e3ebab6bcdd3_story.html?hpid=hp_no-name_opinion-card-c%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.462f45b86c81

1 minute ago, Ulysses G. said:

Neither Steve Bannon nor Brietbart are anti Semitic. In fact, they are friends of Israel.

http://www.jta.org/2016/11/15/news-opinion/opinion/bannon-and-breitbart-friends-of-israel-not-anti-semites

You don't get it. Alt-right types can be both pro Israel (in a right wing way) and also anti-semitic. For American Jews, there is a lot more to think about than U.S. Israel policy.

Yet though it would seem impossible to hate Jews but love the Jewish state, these two viewpoints are not as contradictory as they appear.

http://forward.com/news/israel/354402/how-steve-bannon-and-breitbart-news-can-be-pro-israel-and-anti-semitic-at-t/

In any case, Brietbart is a DISGUSTING hate speech outlet (not only about Jews), and it's APPALLING that Bannon has this insider high power position now. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

You don't get it. Alt-right types can be both pro Israel (in a right wing way) and also anti-semitic.

I get it it all right. It is a dishonest smear job. What don't you understand about "a patriot who defends Israel and has a deep empathy for the Jewish people"?

I get it it all right. It is a dishonest smear job. What don't you understand about "a patriot who defends Israel and has a deep empathy for the Jewish people"?

Sorry. I think the alt right movement is deeply disturbing. Bannon is part of it. Breitbart under him was hateful. You can support that. I won't.

Yeah, that Bannon dude is squeakie clean! He must have joined this Facebook Group by accident. Probably saw a good recipe for chicken pot pie.

Here's Evidence Steve Bannon Joined a Facebook Group That Posts Racist Rants and Obama Death Threats

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/stephen-bannon-facebook-group-racist-material-obama-death-threats

1 hour ago, Silurian said:

Yeah, that Bannon dude is squeakie clean! He must have joined this Facebook Group by accident. Probably saw a good recipe for chicken pot pie.

Here's Evidence Steve Bannon Joined a Facebook Group That Posts Racist Rants and Obama Death Threats

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2016/11/stephen-bannon-facebook-group-racist-material-obama-death-threats

This is not free speech, this is Incitement to racial hatred.

I hope someday someone will air the discussions and meetings when Bannon coaches D. Trump,  during the campaign and mandate .. just for History.   

Edited by Opl

58 minutes ago, Silurian said:

Sorry, but joining a Facebook discussion group is not proof of anything. He might have wanted to change other's views. The fact that it comes from Mother Jones makes it even more suspect.   Amazing the spin that Trump haters try to put on things.

Edited by Ulysses G.

2 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Sorry, but joining a Facebook discussion group is not proof of anything. He might have wanted to change other's views. The fact that it comes from Mother Jones makes it even more suspect.   Amazing the spin that Trump haters try to put on things.

Sure thing, dude.

I think I'll join a Nazi facebook group and try to change their views. :crazy:

2 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Some people do. There are plenty of conservatives posting on the Huffington Post and liberals posting on the Fox News website.

You think Bannon is a liberal? You realize the type of FILTH Breitbart publishes? Bannon was in control of it. Dude, he's not clean. Face the reality.