Trump's election leaves American Muslims reeling and scared

webfact

1 hour ago, TGIR said:

Myself and Americans I know are concerned about the Muslim interpretation of Sharia Law and what we perceive to be most Muslim's interpretation of the Quran:  We already have some Muslim communities in America demanding the right to follow Sharia Law, demanding that American employers and schools allow Muslim customs like the Hijab, prayer rituals etc.

It isn't that the Muslim religion isn't tolerated in America, as it clearly is.  It is the fear that Muslims emigrating to America in numbers will demand that Americans comply with an Islamic interpretation of the rule of Law and Religion......in other words, Islam before Christianity.  

It seems clear that in Europe these issues are already at the forefront and not in a good way.  

Where exactly are these communities?

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

I don't think he will do his 4 years anyway, he will be impeached,arrested or shot.

What will he be impeached or arrested for?      Shot !  hell yeah very likely if he takes on the big Corps that are draining our jobs, like he said he will.  Tariffs etc.

Just now, Grubster said:

What will he be impeached or arrested for?      Shot !  hell yeah very likely if he takes on the big Corps that are draining our jobs, like he said he will.  Tariffs etc.

Fraud, he is a deceitful man who already has charges of fraud against him that he must answer for in court, he has asked that his latest case be postponed.

1 hour ago, simple1 said:

Regrettably generalised anti Muslim rhetoric is now the norm, as viciously demonstrated time and time again on this forum. How personally comfortable would you be right now walking down main street USA with Muslim features?

JT is correct anti minority agendas and proposals have dramatically increased during the election campaign. Even anti Semitic social media posts reached an estimated 2 million from non HC supporters

well you would say that for obvious reasons and as usual cannot or will not differentiate between Muslims and Islam. It is not a generalization or vicious to call out Islam for what it is, a violent, intolerant anti women, anti gay and Jew hating ideology not interested in integration. Not all Muslims go along with it's extremism, just too many for a safe world.

Edited by thai3

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

Fraud, he is a deceitful man who already has charges of fraud against him that he must answer for in court, he has asked that his latest case be postponed.

People high in the business community constantly have these charges leveled against them. Let me know if and when convicted.

16 minutes ago, thai3 said:

well you would say that for obvious reasons and as usual cannot or will not differentiate between Muslims and Islam. It is not a generalization or vicious to call out Islam for what it is, a violent, intolerant anti women, anti gay and Jew hating ideology not interested in integration. Not all Muslims go along with it's extremism, just too many for a safe world.

Many posters do not differentiate & post really ugly bigoted cruel content. Not all branches / practitioners of Islam are the 'same'.

10 minutes ago, The manic said:

Wearing Muslim clothing is a sign of non integration.  Wearing extreme salafist/wahabi burqas and face covering is a statement of extreme viewa which include contempt for democracy- sexual equality-human rights- gay rights- women's equality-..oh a visceral hate of Israel. 

When I was in Pakistan some of the men's wives choose to wear the bhurka themselves. They were also very friendly to the West. In fact while I was in the country volunteering there, nobody would let me pay for anything.....so much for your nonsense above. Even people who had nothing to do with me or what I was doing would not let me pay for anything. They would say, "You are a guest in our country." This was my experience from Lahore, to Islamabad, to Faiselabad, and my host in Karachi couldn't have been nicer, or his family. Never felt in any danger there, though of course one looney tunes could have knifed me, but that happens in Thailand or America, and not usually Muslims. But nobody threatened myself or girlfriend. In fact women would come up to her and ask where she was from.....when she responded America, they had many questions.

So before you make your blanket statement based probably on only experience sitting at your computer....think twice. Ignorance is cheap.

5 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Muslim Americans are correctly worried that white nativist trumpist goons will now feel validated to act out in many kinds of hateful ways. It's already started. Same thing against gays, Latinos, Jews, etc.

Welcome to the dawn of the American fascist era.

The Gays, Legal Latinos, Jews, Italians, Irish, Germans, Koreans etc. etc. Are all doing quite well in the US thank you. They seam to just melt in and get on with life.  The Muslims who do the same seem to be doing pretty good also. If they are wearing Muslim clothing they will not meld into society very well. If they demand things outside normal here they will not fit very well either. If they want to be Americans I would think they should act like it. Why is there very little problem with Hindus, Buddhists, Hale bop comet riders, etc etc.

You can stick up for law breakers like illegal aliens all you want that is your right, It is also my right to demand that the law of the land is followed.

2 minutes ago, Mansell said:

When I was in Pakistan some of the men's wives choose to wear the bhurka themselves. They were also very friendly to the West. In fact while I was in the country volunteering there, nobody would let me pay for anything.....so much for your nonsense above. Even people who had nothing to do with me or what I was doing would not let me pay for anything. They would say, "You are a guest in our country." This was my experience from Lahore, to Islamabad, to Faiselabad, and my host in Karachi couldn't have been nicer, or his family. Never felt in any danger there, though of course one looney tunes could have knifed me, but that happens in Thailand or America, and not usually Muslims. But nobody threatened myself or girlfriend. In fact women would come up to her and ask where she was from.....when she responded America, they had many questions.

So before you make your blanket statement based probably on only experience sitting at your computer....think twice. Ignorance is cheap.

Know what you mean Mansell. Never been to Pakistan but it's anything like my experiences in Yemen, Syria and Oman I agree completely. 

4 hours ago, soalbundy said:

Steve Bannon, a white supremacist has been appointed counselor and chief strategist to the president, what could go wrong? 

It seems to be ok for Muslims to think and say that infidels are below them. I think you have no problem with that.  Did Steve Bannon openly admit this as the Muslims do or did you come to this conclusion on your own.

12 minutes ago, Grubster said:

It seems to be ok for Muslims to think and say that infidels are below them. I think you have no problem with that.  Did Steve Bannon openly admit this as the Muslims do or did you come to this conclusion on your own.

Huffington Post, i do have a problem with the Muslim way of behaviour but a white supremacist is a bit much

4 hours ago, WaywardWind said:

Actually, not even remotely true.

I spent over 10 years working in sensitive political positions in Muslim countries, and never - not once - did I ever feel intimidated or concerned for my safety. For the most part, the people I met were kind, curious about the US, and as helpful as could be. Even when I was evacuated (twice, from 2 different countries) because of domestic turmoil, the Muslims accompanying me saw my safety as their top priority.

I was in one of those countries on 9/11.  I was out of my office and when I heard the news, I returned to my office only to find my two most senior staff had immediately gone to my residence to take up posts to ensure my wife's safety. Contrast that with the experience of an Egyptian doctor who was working at the NYC blood bank on 9/11 - while he was rushing to prepare for the anticipated needs for blood at hospitals, his wife and daughter were cowering n the bathroom of their home in Brooklyn as angry mobs gathered outside and threw bricks through the windows.

The fact that two people felt they needed to protect your wife may have given you a clue, but it doesn't sound like it.

4 hours ago, Hans12345 said:

Pay taxes Trump is proud he never payed taxes

Trump has said that a businessman can only work with the laws that be or obviously the other guy will have an up on you. He didn't make the tax laws. Do you not use your exemptions and deductions?

In Canada it is written into the tax laws it is a Canadians right not to pay taxes But it' s intent is that the citizens should . stimulate the economy with their money to the extent  that they are tax exempt. That is what a good business man does. Creats jobs,consumes goods etc that allow tax deductions that do what his taxes would have done

8 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The media are not demonising him they simply quote Trumps own words. Tell me where on this clip you find the word 'Radical"

A ban on 'all' Muslims NOT 'radical Muslims'! You are being completely disingenuous and we are not stupid people.  You are commenting on Trumps 'rhetoric' as a white middle aged christian/jewish male saying 'that's not what he meant', but actually that IS what he said. It's like a white male saying if a black person is called a n***** it is not rascist. Try living in their shoes (the Muslim or the coloured) for a day and then come back and grace us with your opinion.

Now show me in return one clip where he says he wants to ban radical Muslims only.

Trump was reported as saying he wanted all Muslims banned UNTIL they had been screened. Whilst that might be considered a little over the top by some, and will do nothing to identify extremist terrorists already there, it does suggest the current screening to be inadequate.

One of the issues with Merkel's open door and France's inability to stop illegal immigrants was the diminished screening and checking capability.

Some countries openly have different visa checks and policies for certain other countries. Does this make them all racist, anti a certain religion or fascist?

1 hour ago, Grubster said:

The fact that two people felt they needed to protect your wife may have given you a clue, but it doesn't sound like it.

As I said in comment # 31 above:

There was a tremendous amount of confusion and wild rumors that day, and for several days afterwards.  Their concern stemmed from the fact that there were radical groups in the country (detested by the overwhelming majority) who might sense an opportunity. Thankfully, all remained peaceful.

10 years in 7 different Muslim countries, plus lengthy visits to 5 others, and never - not once - did I experience any animosity because of my American roots.  On the contrary, people were welcoming, curious about the US, and as helpful as could possibly be desired.

3 minutes ago, bridge2bridge said:

TRUE but that was a LONG time ago.

Radical Muslims were beheading people hundreds of years ago and STILL are.

According to this, the last time there was a lynching was 1964, when two whites and one black were lynched.  Three generations ago, and the practice was not limited to blacks. http://law2.umkc.edu/Faculty/projects/ftrials/shipp/lynchingyear.html

9 hours ago, Andaman Al said:

The media are not demonising him they simply quote Trumps own words. Tell me where on this clip you find the word 'Radical"

A ban on 'all' Muslims NOT 'radical Muslims'! You are being completely disingenuous and we are not stupid people.  You are commenting on Trumps 'rhetoric' as a white middle aged christian/jewish male saying 'that's not what he meant', but actually that IS what he said. It's like a white male saying if a black person is called a n***** it is not rascist. Try living in their shoes (the Muslim or the coloured) for a day and then come back and grace us with your opinion.

Now show me in return one clip where he says he wants to ban radical Muslims only.

I think he meant while those terrorist killings were happening in Europe. Mind you, if I was a Spam, I'd be happy with a blanket ban.

Go the big D.

1 minute ago, jesimps said:

I think he meant while those terrorist killings were happening in Europe. Mind you, if I was a Spam, I'd be happy with a blanket ban.

Go the big D.

What do you mean "I think he meant"? That is not what he said is it, and what you "think he meant" is irrelevant really isn't it. What he actually meant is said in the video and it is that which was sent out to 100 million people.

The really sad, stupid aspect of Trump's use of ignorance, fear and divisiveness in the American community to boost his election chances is that it reflects a cynical manipulation of people he claims to care for. It also showed he has little respect for those same people; he's certain he could  not inspire them or appeal to a sense of fairness or humanity he apparently believes they don't possess.  He's relied on pressing their fear buttons instead - to rely on the senseless paranoia people like Lovelomsak revealed in an earlier post here rather than their intelligence. He's inspiring people to hate, suspicion and distrust instead of love, understanding or compassion. What a demonstration of irresponsible leadership! A great nation like the US doesn't deserve that.  The other imbecilic aspect of his hate strategies is that he seems to have forgotten that his sweeping condemnation of whole groups of people is that, with his  encouragement, a great many US citizens will be forced by mindless vigilante posses (the new Ku Klux Klansmen) to band together behind groups they would have otherwise condemned (if given the chance) for their own protection.  Everytime he spews his brand of hatred and mistrust he's creating enemies for the US who might have been his greatest allies against the country's real enemies.  What a moron!  Those that take up his catchcry for unthinking hatred and act on it are their own worst enemies.