Haggis Neeps and Tatties

Negita43

I don't think Chinese radish will mash nicely.  It also has a strong, unpleasant smell.

You might consider as a substitute potato/carrot mash, or potato/pumpkin mash.

That said, I have occasionally seen swedes available in Villa, Bangkok.

I don't think Chinese radish will mash nicely.  It also has a strong, unpleasant smell.

You might consider as a substitute potato/carrot mash, or potato/pumpkin mash.

That said, I have occasionally seen swedes available in Villa, Bangkok.

Yep, that's a better suggestion,, go with carrot mash with plenty seasoning,,,,, cmon are you going to let us into your little secret, where you get the haggis??

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Valvona and Crolla in Jenners if that gives you a clue.

Macsweens do ship but I guess very expensive

Tried to cook and mash Chinese Radish (didn't eat my Haggae??) last night and it cooked and mashed OK tasted a bit like turnip.

I live 4 hours from BKK so I guess Villa is a no no at the moment but can you let me know where it is for the next time I go to the big city.

Thanks

For those who like to drool

PB061623.JPG

3 hours ago, d123 said:

I got my haggis (haggis's) brought from the uk. I've seen swede's (the vegetable type) in Makro but expensive - I'm saving up to buy one.

I really not interesting in the awfulness of Haggis

However, I am interested in Swede, which if I'm not mistaken in my UK/US translation is Rutabaga.

Is this commonly available in Makro?

I love Rutabaga, not a favored vegetable back home, kinda regarded as a depression era food, but I love it, especially around the holidays

19 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

I really not interesting in the awfulness of Haggis

However, I am interested in Swede, which if I'm not mistaken in my UK/US translation is Rutabaga.

Is this commonly available in Makro?

I love Rutabaga, not a favored vegetable back home, kinda regarded as a depression era food, but I love it, especially around the holidays

Makro have it only occasionally.

radishes bear no resemblance to turnips other than they are both tubers...has anyone tried to cook a radish?...and then mash it?...perhaps but not successfully...

and although I am an honorary glaswegian I could never get me heid around haggis...oatmeal belongs in a bowl with milk and sugar fer breakfast...or on yer acne when you got a bad case...