New Uttaradit Immigration Office Report

thequietman

The location is to the right of the exit of the University in town. You will see a computer store and a small sign for immigration.

Very airy, cool, bright office. In the door, sat down and acknowledged within 1 minute with a request to "please wait" and a smile.

Five minutes passed and I was dealt with. I was there for transfer of stamps from old to new passport. Instructed to fill in request form and a young lady trainee did all my photocopying. No letter from embassy required. Immigration guy very efficient and all done in 15 minutes. I asked about procedure for 90 day report. No postal, he said as I live close and he would like to see me to check I'm OK. His words.

Asked when is report due, told him 2 weeks, so he let me do it then and there. Young lady trainee did it for me fast and with little hassle.

So....... nice people, professional in their approach and very minimum of fuss. Very impressed. It's great I don't have to drive 6 hours total to Nan and back any more.

Thanks Uttaradit Immigration.  :)

Nice report, but I'm still mystified as to why places like Uttaradit receive new Immigration offices to save the local residents six hours of driving time when we here in Chiang Mai still have to queue up at 3 am in order to leave at 4 pm -- still, year after year and the excuse we're given is "no money from Bangkok.  No manpower."

Is 13 hours of wait time somehow less onerous than 6 hours of driving time?