Chicken sandwiches at Bangkok's Siam Square contaminated with antibiotics, but not over allowable standard

webfact

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, webfact said:

It found that the chicken sandwiches obtained from Subway shop was contaminated with Doxycycline antibiotics at 13.73 micrograms per kilo.

4 hours ago, webfact said:

It found that the chicken sandwiches obtained from Subway shop was contaminated with Doxycycline antibiotics at 13.73 micrograms per kilo.

Contaminated but not over the limit WOW how inspiring. Sorry Mr. Government which one is it????

Meat has a lot of essential vitamins. Lamb for Iron. Beat for Vit A very essential for your body and liver full of iron and vitamin A and B. Did you read a few days ago  the business man Thai now in a wheel chair and now has to go 3 times a week to have kidney dialysis because the hospital filled him with antibiotics. 

Dont take antibiotics with a name that has Amox in the name.

1 hour ago, fruitman said:

I see, so only the webmasters of this forum are allowed to name and shame....Well it's a Thailand based forum so that tells it all i guess.

I wished they checked all chicken restaurants in BKK, was in a new mall last week and noticed about 5 new chickenrestaurants (chains i guess) i had never heard of before. Eating chicken is in fashion lately, i wished somebody opened up a fishfillet restaurant, fish and chips with salad...

And you have not heard about health issues regarding farmed fish?

3 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

I'd rather eat organic vegetables than eat sick animals that need antibiotics just to live a short time for slaughter 

Have to agree with you there....but where in Thailand can you get organic vegetables......are they labelled so?

10 minutes ago, A1Str8 said:

Since they stuff chicken with antibiotics before they get killed, antibiotics is bound to show up in food. 

That's the worry. The educated can avoid popping antibiotics when ill, but would be consuming them through meat.

4 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

I wasn't attacking him, simply was saying I'm happy to be vegetarian and wouldn't want to eat meat from a sick animal.

if I was attacking him then he was attacking me for eating vegetables with pesticides

I'll admit when I first went vegetarian or vegan, I did became one of those annoying vegans but now I'm laid back about it all, all my friends eat meat, its just the way it is in our society and life is too short to moan or complain about it all the time, I will eat with friends and they can if meat if they like, doesn't bother me.

I wasn't attacking you. I was simply pointing out that even so-called organically-grown vegetables in Thailand have been found to contain dangerous levels of pesticide so being a vegetarian is no guarantee you will not be subjected to unwanted chemicals in your daily meals. Also, your choice of wording, which you have repeated again, "eating meat from a sick animal" is misleading and deliberately inflammatory. You say that people eating meat doesn't bother you but it clearly does. Lastly, the minerals that you believe to be present in the vegetables you eat may not be present in the quantities you have been led to believe, due to over-farming. These minerals come from the soil in which vegetables are grown and have been depleted to a large extent due to intensive farming methods across the globe.

2 hours ago, trogers said:

And you have not heard about health issues regarding farmed fish?

I just finished my fish, kioshiun maru fish...guess it's named after the japanese fishingvessel who caught it...Thai don't even know what fish it is, lack of education again.

25 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

You CANNOT avoid it. It is everywhere and quite possibly the supplier in this case. It's a virtual monopoly.

Home raised chicken is not from CP. Thais called them 'Kai Baan'.

Edited by trogers

6 hours ago, Bonobojt said:

I'd rather eat organic vegetables than eat sick animals that need antibiotics just to live a short time for slaughter 

Yes, I am the same, don't eat meat anymore!!

If they repeated this exercise in the US and included checking for glyphosate, dicambia and antibiotics they would be forced to shut the entire restaurant industry in the US down!! You can't find decent uncontaminated food in America, it doesn't exist. You are absolutely right in what you say - 80% of AB use is on animals and is the reason why they are of little use now :smile:. I would use natural antibiotics found in food if I had an infection, thing is I don't and won't get one so there is no need!!

25 minutes ago, Prbkk said:

You CANNOT avoid it. It is everywhere and quite possibly the supplier in this case. It's a virtual monopoly.

I don't eat any CP produce as I don't eat processed food - haven't for 9 years now and they have been the healthiest days of my life.

1 minute ago, lucky11 said:

I don't eat any CP produce as I don't eat processed food - haven't for 9 years now and they have been the healthiest days of my life.

CP is the major supplier for chicken and pork meat, which I don't think is processed food, so you sure eat CP product almost daily.

1 hour ago, trogers said:

Home raised chicken is not from CP. Thais called them 'Kai Baan'.

BKK has some restaurants with home-chickens. They are very very skinny, you almost only eat skin, and they are expensive as well like 200 for a grilled chicken or even 300.

So you have choice between a fat cp chicken or a skinny one which costs much more. There's nothing in between.