National police spokesman tells the public: Be fair to us, don't damage our image

rooster59

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Canceraid said:

Image.....the thai police has an image...all I see is the biggest mafia network in the country. Oh when will the army and military simply take over everything and abolish the thai police force. The army has been doing a better job so far except for some ill treatments of its conscripts.

.....and the population in general.

31 minutes ago, ThaiFelix said:

Respect is not given...it is earnt!

No so in LOS. Put on the orange robe and bingo! An instant wise and holy man to grovel on your knees before. Put on a gov uniform with rows of combat ribbons and jump wings and bingo! An instant superior to be respected and kowtow'd to.

11 minutes ago, TSF said:

No so in LOS. Put on the orange robe and bingo! An instant wise and holy man to grovel on your knees before. Put on a gov uniform with rows of combat ribbons and jump wings and bingo! An instant superior to be respected and kowtow'd to.

Errrr yeah, I stand corrected.....forgot where I was for a second.

4 hours ago, BwindiBoy said:

If incidents from the start of the year and from 2013 are old, does that mean Thai law has already dealt with the Red Bull killer from 2012? Perhaps they can tell us how that case was resolved.

Or tell us, what happened regarding the episode of that guy that hung himself with his sox while locked in a cell....

5 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Very hard to be fair to a group people who are paid by your tax money for serving and protecting you and doing the complete opposite.

actually very few people in thailand pay tax so they have to go out and earn most of their own money. is a different system from what we have in the west but it seems to work as long as the cops dont get too greedy.

Of course the regular police roadblocks and "traps" to extort 100-200 baht payments indiscriminately from motorists across the country, or the casual demands for 3 000 Baht to investigate thefts or other criminal acts reported by members of the public reinforce the Force's image. It just happens to encourage an image as enemies of the people they're meant to serve and protect. Is that the image he doesn't want damaged?

I have too many stories about how incompetent the Thai police are to give them a chance to be anything other than what they are...corrupt, dishonest, lazy idiots.

This is based on personal experiences over many, many years. If one of them were on fire in the middle of my grass hut while I was sitting on tanks of gasoline, I wouldn't piss on them to put out the fire.

They created this problem. Now they are being held accountable. Too damn bad.

Every time Thai Visa pops into my inbox I take a moment or Two before opening it and wonder to myself what idiotic statement - what act of depravity - what complete lunacy am I going to witness - And a whole host of other things am I going  to read today ?

This statement just about sums up the mentality that makes up this wonderful country. 

As one poster has already observed, respect is earned, not given willy nilly just because some high up ranking officer/government official demands it.

I'm sure we all have a fistful of tales of corruption, bribery & incompetence from the RTP.

Maybe one day they will wake up and realise that the only people damaging their image (and a bad image at that) is themselves.

Wakey wakey idiots, time to do the job professionally, maybe then you will earn that respect that you crave. 

Edited by Golden Triangle
Typo

5 hours ago, sendintheclowns said:

and - very hard to be fair on a group who are underpaid (for gosh sakes, they have to buy their own transport, guns, uniforms). The situation will only change when they are trained professionally and paid a decent wage. the saying 'hunger will make a thief of any honest man' comes to mind. Also,  the vast majority of posts are negative. Rarely do you read about the good guys.

Can you tell me/us what the starting salary of a policeman/woman is? How about advancement e.g. time in service/promotion etc.? What might be their educational background etc. in relation to a factory workers salary? I often hear a/b low salaries of police/teachers but would LOVE to see the facts. 

13 minutes ago, Jonmarleesco said:

I always thought the BiB did an excellent job ... of trashing whatever positive image they might, on occasion, manage to project. 

You might be right - but I can't honestly, hard as I try, think of even one good experience I have had or heard about regarding the magnificent Thai BIB. I really can't think of a single 'occasion' when they have made their 'image' shine!

57 minutes ago, selftaopath said:

Can you tell me/us what the starting salary of a policeman/woman is? How about advancement e.g. time in service/promotion etc.? What might be their educational background etc. in relation to a factory workers salary? I often hear a/b low salaries of police/teachers but would LOVE to see the facts. 

I've always had reservations that a salary increase would help very much because of the greed and lust for money that exists here a better wage structure would probably not make many change their ways.

It's not just the salary but the culture too where, for example, officers pay for promotions and favourable postings and better wages aren't going to cover that I would think.

1 minute ago, NongKhaiKid said:

I've always had reservations that a salary increase would help very much because of the greed and lust for money that exists here a better wage structure would probably not make many change their ways.

It's not just the salary but the culture too where, for example, officers pay for promotions and favourable postings and better wages aren't going to cover that I would think.

Excellent observations and insights. Yes - it is the whole culture that needs to be changed.

When the police investigates and disciplines a police officer on the the basis of a video or social media post uploaded by the public, it would be a good idea if the police then posted a comment to inform the public about the action that has been taken. This would probably reduce the number of incidents where an old, completed case is rehashed by the public.