Video: Drug dealer escapes after desperate bid for freedom in Rayong traffic jam

rooster59

49 minutes ago, Wazza1 said:

Ever heard of ricochet, shooting direct at the driver would probably be safer than firing into the ground and not knowing where the bullet will ricochet. I knew a guy who was shot once, his mate shot a feral pig and the bullet went straight through the pig, hit a rock and ricocheted 30 metres and hit this bloke,

Real police would have not fired at all and waited for a safe location before making a move for a controlled arrest without putting bystanders at risk like this, this was Keystone Cops stuff.

Thank you sir, after all the members ridiculing me for saying shoot the driver.

Somebody who understands about shooting down and the effects of ricocheting bullets.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

Thank you sir, after all the members ridiculing me for saying shoot the driver.

Somebody who understands about shooting down and the effects of ricocheting bullets.

unfortunately it appeared that he also missed the tires......

everyone has assumed he was a trained police officer..from his appearance he could have also been a passing thug getting excited and having a go with his new gun.

Edited by bangon04

15 hours ago, realenglish1 said:

Unbelievable He is clearly a danger I a totally flabbergasted the did not shoot out the tires to stop the car

These cops are totally untrained And now you wonder why the public do not trust these

Key Stone Cops What a joke 

Hopefully they use this for a training video so the next time something like this happens they're better prepared for people that watched too many transformer and police movies.

If the police had shot at the perp via his car window there is a good chance the bullet would ricochet and harm an innocent bystander. Eventually a bullet would go thru the car window but who is to say how many bullets it is going to take?

21 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Amazing vid!! I think he will be going away for a long time when they do catch up with him

I had a distinct impression that the cops (almost) wanted him to escape... Or was it total incompetence of the many cops involved?

17 hours ago, TVGerry said:

Yes the Thai police should emulate their US counterparts. I mean I've seen videos of police shooting and killing people who are unarmed and have their hands up! It's obvious they should have riddled the driver's head with bullets.

I have never seen one with their hands up but I did see the one in Ferguson MO where they claimed the fat ass thug had his hands up. If you think that was an unjustified police killing than I hope you get the opportunity to meet a few thugs like that close up and personal.  Now the same type people are crying because the cops are avoiding their crime riddled neighborhoods.   The cops know that most of these thugs do carry a gun and they are being asked by the do gooders to wait until that gun is pointed at them before starting to make a split second decision. Its easy just do what the cops tell you to do or you are committing a crime by not doing that and all things that happen from then are your fault. You want the cops to play Russian roulette.   This cop here should have shot the perpetrator through the window from close range until he ran out of bullets.

I wonder if she even knew what sort of a jerk her boyfriend is/was.

Up to no good, perhaps, but to what extent.

She does look genuinely remorseful.

(No I haven't read the whole story)

Well at least she is alive to deal with the consequences, and eventually get on with her life.

In the Philippines she would have been shot at the scene.

7 minutes ago, TechnikaIII said:

I wonder if she even knew what sort of a jerk her boyfriend is/was.

Up to no good, perhaps, but to what extent.

She does look genuinely remorseful.

(No I haven't read the whole story)

Well at least she is alive to deal with the consequences, and eventually get on with her life.

In the Philippines she would have been shot at the scene.

Yes she may have been, but had they been shooting drug dealers here as policy I don't think she would have been with this guy, and the dealer himself would not have been dealing most likely.  The jury is out whether or not the killing of drug dealers turns the drug use issue in the Philippines around.  Drug dealers selling hard drugs to your kids is just as bad as killing your kids, you condone that I guess. Maybe you want to pay to rehabilitate the drug dealer as he is replaced by the next one. That system has worked well in the US hasn't it.

On ‎19‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 2:53 PM, NCC1701A said:

Love at first sight of the "girlfriend" for the BIB in that photo.

I will post bail. :)

The only problem there is she's probably tarnished (drugs) given the hoon she was hanging around with.:wai:

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

While they were shooting downwards at tyres the likelihood of bystanders being hit is probably much less than if they shot at him. It was a poorly executed attempt at arrest.

You are dead set right there.  If I was the copper I be calling him out, they didn't, and I would have taken him out from the front of the vehicle.  given the way he was driving, a copper at the front of the vehicle would have been justified in doing so.

:wai:

12 hours ago, hobobo said:

I had a distinct impression that the cops (almost) wanted him to escape... Or was it total incompetence of the many cops involved?

just remember that family name ..........

it would be tempting to think that no police could be as incompetent as those we saw in the video clip, but then this is Thailand, after all....

Edited by bangon04

On 11/19/2016 at 3:56 PM, kannot said:

couldnt  blow  his  own brains  out  by  the  look of it............... now, what was that earlier today about the public  perception of the  Police?

Hang on????????????his surname is  Na Ayuthaya  ahhhhhhh I see  all a misunderstanding then

Yes!  What an VERY interesting Thai name!!!  Definitely raises a few interesting questions & points of speculation.

On Saturday, November 19, 2016 at 3:15 PM, colinneil said:

The bloody stupid police could have killed innocent people.

They are so <deleted> stupid, and he got away anyway.

Why did that idiot firing his gun not just shoot the driver?????

Well now....the Thai police are thinking differently while it seems they do not want to kill the perps rather arrest them and send them off to prison....or, better yet ..... extort money out of them which is known to be difficult to do when the perps are dead....lol

Cheers

before you desire the cops to shoot him ....remember one thing .. COPS and ARMY ..control  the DRUGS business..... so .....think about it....it could be you anytime...if the drug you have in your car can interest the police...then ....would you like them to shoot you ?  incredible how people are so naive about the information we tell them...... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2016 at 0:48 PM, chang14 said:

There is a lot more to this story than people know and it's been going on for many years know, only the locals know....

Care to enlighten us? 

Judging by his last name I vager to say he was free to do what ever and that was the reason the cops didn't shoot at him or his tires..