How to transfer from PC to iPhone 6S without money Visa card

MikeyIdea

Hi,

The office gave me an iPhone 6S that I don't want, I have a Samsung Grand 2 with 2 SIMs which better suits what I need. I let my daughter use it and she wants to transfer approx. 15 GB if pictures and videos from her old Samsung to the iPhone. I have the 15 GB in a directory on a laptop

I haven't managed to find a way to transfer the files to her iPhone with the following constraints

1) Must not cost money

2) I have an apple ID but there is and will not be a Visa card connected to it. Option for Visa selected is None and will stay that way

How to do? Or is it not possible?

Thanks Mikey

If you can use usb connection to the PC and backed up the files to the PC you should be able to upload the same way to iphone - if it is a special cable problem then install wifi transfer in the samsung and connect to it using a local ip address it will provide and drag the files into Iphone over wifi.  I use wifi transfer between the laptop, desktop and samsung via wifi - I would hope the iphone should be able to connect via wifi - the samsung would become a mini server while in wifi transfer mode.  Wifi transfer is not seen outside your local network and uses local ip addresses.

http://www.copytrans.net/copytransmanager/

And its free

Add music to iPhone, iPod, iPad on the go

CopyTrans Manager allows you to quickly drag and drop music and videos from PC directly to your iPhone, iPod or iPad. A lightweight iTunes alternative.

You can also use CopyTrans Manager on multiple PCs to add playlists, podcasts, audiobooks and ringtones to iPhone or any other iOS device without the need for iTunes sync.

The official way of transferring something from a computer to an iPhone is through iTunes. Apple doesn't let their phones act like 'external drives' when plugged on computers (weird interepretation of their 'It just works' motto).

You can install some alternative softwares that do something similar (like the one suggested by another user). But in any case you'll have to install software.

Alternative idea: depending on what she wants to do with these 15Gb of pics and video, it could be interesting to actually sync those to some online storage that would then be accessible from anywhere (including the iPhone) while not taking actual space on the device. For example check 'Google Photos' https://photos.google.com/ which allows you to store an unlimited amount of pictures and videos on your account. It is available for both Android and iPhone so you'd just have to install the app on the Samsung, tell it to backup those pics. Then install on the iPhone with the same account and you'll see the pics appear as they are backed up from the Samsung.

Archived