Full set of dentures needed..Any recommendations please?

happyas

ive just had a beautifull new top and bottom set done at

asia fortune dental hospital for 65 thousand baht a few weeks ago 

which incuded a new cap / cover ? over three of my own teeth

and im very happy with them

dave2 ... a handsome man again :) 

dentist asia fortune dental hospital 22 oct 16 20161022_112000.jpg

dentist asia fortune dental hospital prices 13 nov 16 20161113_113931~01 (1).jpg

1 hour ago, dave2 said:

ive just had a beautifull new top and bottom set done at

asia fortune dental hospital for 65 thousand baht a few weeks ago 

which incuded a new cap / cover ? over three of my own teeth

and im very happy with them

dave2 ... a handsome man again :) 

dentist asia fortune dental hospital 22 oct 16 20161022_112000.jpg

dentist asia fortune dental hospital prices 13 nov 16 20161113_113931~01 (1).jpg

Thanks Dave, i am interested in the quoted price shown at 9000-16000 which sounds about right.

How did you end up paying 65000.?

Did the extra caps cost all that extra, or is the price quoted [9-16000] just a lead in thing?

re

Did the extra caps cost all that extra, or is the price quoted [9-16000] just a lead in thing?

the price on the list is just for the basic bases of the start price

and for the work / time / visits it takes from start to finish (about ten days )

to get them right 

the higher you go on quality and materials the price goes up

i asked for and got the best quality they had coz ive had

cheap and nasty / bad fitting / bad looking ones before

so i didnt want that again !

dave2

Thank you Dave for the excellent map.

No dentist has ever hurt me or caused me pain but it's either the smell of the place or sight of the chair and my stomach goes into knots.

Some years ago someone in The Pub mentioned a local dentist who would give a 'Soothing Tablet' but time means my memory has long gone.

john

22 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

Thank you Dave for the excellent map.

No dentist has ever hurt me or caused me pain but it's either the smell of the place or sight of the chair and my stomach goes into knots.

Some years ago someone in The Pub mentioned a local dentist who would give a 'Soothing Tablet' but time means my memory has long gone.

john

I'm wondering how pain and or smell comes into play when simply getting a new set of dentures made.

IIRC my last pair were made by a Dental Lab Technician.

No dentistry or pain or dental smells involve at all.

"I'm wondering how pain and or smell comes into play when simply getting a new set of dentures made."

As I said no Dentist has ever caused me pain or discomfort, now that's Physical.

With me is the sight/smell that sets me off and that to me is Physiological.

The other thing that I remember is when the chair was backed over I got a sensation of 'Tumbling/Falling' quite unnerving.

I know from speaking to friends that I am not the only person who gets this 'Feeling/Sensation' and was hoping that I could find a dentist that has an understanding manner.

I have an excellent set of dentures over 30 years old, but know that in the future more dental work and a set of new dentures will be necessary.

john

13 hours ago, Wallich said:

Thoroughly recommend Elite Smile, part of Pantip Plaza building on Chang Klan. Mention Warik for best price.

My girlfriend had a really bad experience there!

She went for regular checkup, they suggested removing a wisdom tooth, which she agreed to.

Unfortunately their x-ray machine was broken, so the dentist would be doing it “blindly”.

The dentist spent half an hour trying to remove the tooth, making cuts, etc., but then gave up.

Sent my girlfriend home with no pain killers or instructions other than to come back in a week when their x-ray machine would be working.

Once the sedative wore off, my girlfriend was of course in a world of pain and I ran to the pharmacy to buy some pain killers.

We went to Dental World to get the job finished, they did an x-ray and removed the tooth in what felt like two minutes (this time I went with her), and gave us strong pain killers for the first 48 hours and milder ones for later (for anyone who hasn’t gotten a wisdom tooth removed, this can hurt up to two weeks after the procedure and to a degree where sleeping can be hard).

She originally went to Elite Smile because it has been recommended here, we went to Dental World because it was recommended by a Thai.

27 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

"I'm wondering how pain and or smell comes into play when simply getting a new set of dentures made."

As I said no Dentist has ever caused me pain or discomfort, now that's Physical.

With me is the sight/smell that sets me off and that to me is Physiological.

The other thing that I remember is when the chair was backed over I got a sensation of 'Tumbling/Falling' quite unnerving.

I know from speaking to friends that I am not the only person who gets this 'Feeling/Sensation' and was hoping that I could find a dentist that has an understanding manner.

I have an excellent set of dentures over 30 years old, but know that in the future more dental work and a set of new dentures will be necessary.

john

Yes, thanks, i understand the feelings and smell of dentistry from the past also and not pleasant memories at all, but maybe we are not talking as my OP asks  ie i was asking about a set of  "full dentures".

As in my case i have had all teeth removed many years ago, hence "full dentures" and never have had or will need any more dentistry work done.

If i had only a partial denture,yes, dentistry may well be reqiured at times.

Maybe you either have other dental issues or you don't have full dentures.

Any one else who, as i asked has had "full dentures" fitted, has had a good service that you would recommend and a ballpark cost would be appreciated. 

44 minutes ago, elephant45 said:

Cost? well, you will have to figure that out. I am totally satisfied with their cleanliness, and professionalism. Unusual for here, way above average. Everyone cost will be different of course depending on the amount of crap you need done.

Did you happen to read the OP ?

I am looking for dentures ..where does " crap you need done" come into this?

They take a mould of your gums or old dentures and cast new ones ...

There would be a base price and maybe more costs if any fancy work out of the norm was requested..thats it as far as i remember.

Edited by happyas