Phuket Opinion: A close encounter with killer cops

webfact

Phuket Opinion: A close encounter with killer cops

The Phuket News

1479541726_1-org.jpg

Lt Corp Wongsathon Theparan of the Kathu Police (Thung Thong) suffered fatal bullet wounds in the shootout near a Phuket Town pub. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- It was a muggy night in August when this editor, together with some former colleagues, decided to head into Phuket Town for a drink and a chat about what we had been up to since working together several years ago.

As we walked past the pubs and clubs near the the Seahorse Circle we were greeted with cries of “Welcome to Phuket!” by revellers streaming past us who were perhaps unused to seeing Westerners in the area. We took a table at a small restaurant, ordered some food and drinks and sat back, taking in the lively scene.

Unbeknownst to us, we were sitting just a few tables away from off-duty police officer Lt Thamarong Suwanchatree, who in just a few short minutes would be dead, shot down in cold blood by a fellow policeman. At first we thought we heard firecrackers, but as a wave of realisation rippled through the crowd at the restaurant and people started diving for cover, we quickly presumed the worst.

We decided to make a quick exit and were none the wiser about what had transpired as we walked passed a man with blood pouring from a cut in his face and screaming out into the night, thinking it just the result of a youngster’s night out gone wrong.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-opinion-a-close-encounter-with-killer-cops-59913.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2016-11-21

2 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

What was the shootout actually about?

Probably face loss, or a quick misinterpreted glance, who has the bigger gun, who can shoot quickest. All the important reasons why the RTP need to take their guns out while off duty.

This is a typical example of my post,yesterday about the decision of on,off duty cops,still being allowed to carry their guns.Was the guy who was shot armed.The scenario of what happened qualifies my post.When i read this,i couldnt believe it had happened in such a short space of time.I wish to Christ i had never posted it.In a way i feel that i made a prediction.

What is it about they say about getting what you wish for?.

:sorry:

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

This is a typical example of my post,yesterday about the decision of on,off duty cops,still being allowed to carry their guns.Was the guy who was shot armed.The scenario of what happened qualifies my post.When i read this,i couldnt believe it had happened in such a short space of time.I wish to Christ i had never posted it.In a way i feel that i made a prediction.

What is it about they say about getting what you wish for?.

:sorry:

It happened back in August.

It was just being brought to people's attention again.

You can sleep easy tonight.