The anti-Trump resistance takes shape: 'Government's supposed to fear us'

webfact

Ex-CIA chief Woolsey: Flynn offered me job as CIA director

"Former CIA director James Woolsey was offered his old job back in the administration of President Donald Trump, Woolsey told the Wall Street Journal in an interview published Thursday, but he turned down the job over concerns with Michael Flynn, then the incoming national security adviser."

"It was Flynn who offered Woolsey the job six days after Trump’s surprise victory in last November’s presidential election, according to the former CIA director who led the agency under former President Bill Clinton."

"The offer, Woolsey said, was to lead the CIA and report directly to Flynn, a stipulation that prompted Woolsey to turn down the job."

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/06/01/james-woolsey-michael-flynn-offered-me-cia-job-239018

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing Trump, is knowing how he accuses other prominent people of doing what he himself does fifty times worse.  Near the top of the list is fake news.   Trump is the king of fake news.   Here's a brief video with proof.  An actual fake news perpetrator who admits he feeds fake news stories to alt-right wingers, because they're, by far, the easiest to rile up.  Right wingers/Trump supporters are the most easily duped, but we already knew that.  The proof is:  Trump is prez.

Donald Trump: Nobody wants to work for him because he is 'crazy', senior Republican says

US President said to be struggling to attract experienced staff amid talk of White House reshuffle (sub-title)

"Donald Trump is struggling to find new staff to work for him because everyone thinks he is “crazy”, a senior member of the US President's Republican Party has said."

"Michael Steele said potential White House employees were put off by an environment in which aides are “flying by the seat of their pants”.

“The talent pool is shrinking, because who wants to sign up for crazy?” added Mr Steele, who served as chairman of the Republican National Committee between 2009 and 2011."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/donald-trump-no-workers-crazy-former-senior-republican-official-michael-steele-president-us-white-a7766861.html

:thumbsup:

12 hours ago, iReason said:

:cheesy:

How old are you?

6?

Wait a minute, what didn't happen?

wait a minute…nice deflection….wheres the pics that show the meetings? Or the recordings?

Edited by JHolmesJr

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

wait a minute…nice deflection….wheres the pics that show the meetings? Or the recordings?

Wait a minute, .... Yes I understand you now, you are the same as Trump. You need pictures,because reading is to difficult.

But than, when sometime there will be pictures, I'm sure you will claim that they where photoshopped.

2 minutes ago, dutchisaan said:

Wait a minute, .... Yes I understand you now, you are the same as Trump. You need pictures,because reading is to difficult.

But than, when sometime there will be pictures, I'm sure you will claim that they where photoshopped.

i have no problems with the dutch….i prefer to go dutch as often as possible.

but you are failing to see that these are all accusations without evidence at the moment….and we have to see who is making them.

it looks like the losing team has teamed up with their disgruntled pals in the media to create this mischief.

1 hour ago, JHolmesJr said:

Deflection of what?

You sliced in with a vague comment unrelated or unquoted to anything being posted.

Tangential free form association was it?

Who knows what you were rambling on about.

And talk to your dear leader about recordings. :laugh:

Oh wait, it was just one more in a long litany of B.S. from the inept one wasn't it?

Worry not, the F.B.I. and the Special Counsel will iradicate the infestation in the White House.

With the help of recordings. :thumbsup:

Of course you can't ask the White House or it's sycophants about any of this, because now they are hiding behind lawyers.

Only a matter of time bubba...

12 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

but you are failing to see that these are all accusations without evidence at the moment….and we have to see who is making them.

it looks like the losing team has teamed up with their disgruntled pals in the media to create this mischief.

Groan.

What you are failing to see, as are the Trumpeteers on these threads, is that; (ad nauseum),

you will never  see evidence or sources in an ongoing investigation. From anyone, anywhere.

"it looks like the losing team has teamed up with their disgruntled pals in the media to create this mischief"

Perhaps to you and Alex Jones.

Check out "sources say:" on Fox Views. Fake news? :whistling:

"sources told Fox News Wednesday"

"People close to Flynn told Fox News"

"Fox News was told."

"Senior DOJ officials told Fox News"

"a source familiar with the matter told Fox News Monday."

"The source has told Fox News"

"a source familiar with the matter told Fox News"

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/29/jared-kushner-didnt-suggest-russian-communications-channel-in-meeting-source-says.html

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/05/10/comey-asked-doj-for-more-resources-for-russia-probe-source-says.html

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/05/30/morning-brief-kushner-didnt-suggest-russian-communications-channel-in-meeting-source-says.html

Ya got nothin'.

1 minute ago, iReason said:

Check out "sources say:" on Fox Views. Fake news? :whistling:

"sources told Fox News Wednesday"

"People close to Flynn told Fox News"

"Fox News was told."

"Senior DOJ officials told Fox News"

"a source familiar with the matter told Fox News Monday."

"The source has told Fox News"

"a source familiar with the matter told Fox News"

i dont quote fox news or get worked into a lather over what they say.

1 hour ago, dutchisaan said:

:cheesy:

16 minutes ago, JHolmesJr said:

i dont quote fox news or get worked into a lather over what they say.

Then, apparently all news is "fake" to you. You have dismissed all other sourced news as "libs' and "bias".

How do you come up with your assertions ?

Just a gut feeling? A hunch?

You generally don't come up with much other than one or two lines of unsubstantiated prattle.

And nice deflection on this:

"What you are failing to see, as are the Trumpeteers on these threads, is that; (ad nauseum),

you will never  see evidence or sources in an ongoing investigation. From anyone, anywhere."

Which disputes the core of your post.

1 minute ago, iReason said:

Then, apparently all news is "fake" to you. You have dismissed all other sourced news as "libs' and "bias".

How do you come up with your assertions ?

Just a gut feeling? A hunch?

You generally don't come up with much other than one or two lines of unsubstantiated prattle.

And nice deflection on this:

"What you are failing to see, as are the Trumpeteers on these threads, is that; (ad nauseum),

you will never  see evidence or sources in an ongoing investigation. From anyone, anywhere."

Which disputes the core of your post.

Info Wars?

6 hours ago, dutchisaan said:

You're talking to an anti-intellectual and opinionated ignoramus who believes in conspiracy theories.

Edited by EvenSteven

5 hours ago, iReason said:

News is different from evidence.

(I don't need to write 5-6 paragraphs that are usually cut and paste jobs with links….when just a few well picked words are enough to cut through your biased verbiage)

17 hours ago, mogandave said:

Rest assured, pictures and recordings are forthcoming.
Impeach now!!!!!

Let's save time and money, and have Trump frog-walked straight to a Washington DC courthouse to answer to charges of treason, laundering money (for Russian oligarchs), obstructing justice, and conspiring with an adversarial country to undermine America's election and Constitution.

It's not criminal to lie about national and int'l policies, but if it was, Trump would have 200 added charges against him.   Pence would have slightly less.   

Special counsel investigation includes Manafort case, may expand to attorney general

"The Associated Press has learned that the special counsel running the U.S. investigation into possible ties between President Trump's campaign and Russia's government has assumed oversight of an ongoing investigation involving former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort."

"The investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller may also expand to look into the roles of Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions and Deputy Atty. Gen. Rod Rosenstein in the firing of FBI Director James B. Comey."

"In an interview separately Friday with the Associated Press, Rosenstein acknowledged that Mueller could expand his inquiry to include Sessions' and Rosenstein's roles in the decision to fire Comey, who was investigating the Trump campaign."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-special-counsel-s-russia-investigation-1496440407-htmlstory.html

This is good news!

Scoop up all these traitors in one net.

And give them due justice. :thumbsup:

The mainstream and liberal news media are doing the work that DC politicians should be doing.  Perhaps the FBI is doing some investigating, but that's just an assumption at this point.  They may be too cowed by Trump to every release findings.

Here's the pattern:   A major newspaper, usually the NY times or Wash Post breaks a story which is non-praising of Trump or one of the sheeple he surrounds himself with.   The initial reaction from the WH is always, "IT'S FAKE NEWS!".  Then the newspapers and TV/online news outlets come out with further corroborating evidence.  Usually by then, the WH grudgingly agrees, but blames the messengers, or tries to blame it on the Clintons, or they drops bombs somewhere in the M.East.

All in all, the WH will try and deny/divert/obfuscate for as long as possible.  When that gets stretched thin, they'll say it wasn't as bad as people say.   Now, they're just not answering questions.  Even Spicer is hiding away.  The situation at the WH is deteriorating faster than that of the Japanese Emperor during the last few weeks of the Pacific WWII.  

4 minutes ago, iReason said:

Special counsel investigation includes Manafort case, may expand to attorney general

"The Associated Press has learned that the special counsel running the U.S. investigation into possible ties between President Trump's campaign and Russia's government has assumed oversight of an ongoing investigation involving former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort."

"The investigation by special counsel Robert Mueller may also expand to look into the roles of Atty. Gen. Jeff Sessions and Deputy Atty. Gen. Rod Rosenstein in the firing of FBI Director James B. Comey."

"In an interview separately Friday with the Associated Press, Rosenstein acknowledged that Mueller could expand his inquiry to include Sessions' and Rosenstein's roles in the decision to fire Comey, who was investigating the Trump campaign."

http://www.latimes.com/politics/washington/la-na-essential-washington-updates-special-counsel-s-russia-investigation-1496440407-htmlstory.html

This is good news!

Scoop up all these traitors in one net.

And give them due justice. :thumbsup:

Good news indeed.   I thought it was a no-brainer that Manafort would be in their sights.   The more I hear about Sessions, the more of a sleazeball he's proving to be.  Everyone in the Senate who voted for Sessions should hang their heads in shame.  But they have no shame.  They only have lips for kissing Trump's ample butt, or forked tongues for licking his shoes.

OK, so trump did his predicted Paris accord exit with his speech chock full of nutty big time LIES.

I had expected after that, as his biggest excuse is to save dirty old style jobs, that he would IMMEDIATELY announce another one of his Mussolini style rallies in some backwater town dominated by crazed trumpists.

But he hasn't announced that yet.

That surprises me.

Is the white house realizing it's going to get harder and harder to get the usual Mussolini style crowds at his rallies as the TRUTH is filtering down even to hard core trumpists, that the climate nixing thing is not actually going to bring back those old jobs (they are gone FOREVER) and more importantly, that the "health care" policies that trump is pushing basically mean the death penalty to a very significant portion of the trumpist base?

The path to tyranny under trump.

Do Americans have the backbone to defeat trump's existential threat to our very democracy?

Not sure I would take that bet.

His admiration tends to be limited to foreign tyrants.

So we need to be skeptical about ourselves and we need more than skeptical about him. What I would say is that our institutions were set up for a moment just like this one but they’ll only protect us if we enliven them and if we support them.

http://www.businessinsider.com/yale-history-professor-trumps-path-tyranny-unfolding-stop-politics-donald-us-constitution-democracy-2017-4?utm_source=hearst&utm_medium=referral&utm_content=allverticals

17 hours ago, stander said:

By the time Trump is finished, the only people voting Democrat will reside in CA and NY. They will never win a national election ever again.

I've got to ask. Where do you get these types of thoughts from? Fox news? Seriously. I'd love to know.

You've obviously never spent any time in the US.

Trump's nationwide support was weak and is weakening, week by week. For example:  in Nov. Texas went for Trump, and all Trumpistas are sure Texas is completely Trump territory.   Yet all the large counties in south Texas gave a majority of votes to HRC, as did its largest cities.  

Even in the reddest of states, there are swelling anti-Trump sentiments.  That's why Trump won't go out and speak in public - anywhere, other than tightly orchestrated places like the Coast Guard academy (note: Coast Guard graduating class members barely applauded at all during Trump's recent speech).  Everyone knows he'd be roundly booed if he went to speak in public.  That's why he didn't go to throw the opening pitch at a baseball game.

Ryan and McConnel probably puke privately whenever they think of Trump, but they have to keep a public face of supporting him - because for Republican politicians, party is more important than country.