The anti-Trump resistance takes shape: 'Government's supposed to fear us'

webfact

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Stop deflecting!!!!!

This is about Trump the buffoon, not about President Obama or any other great statesman!!!!

Impeach 45!!!!!

Only thing I am deflecting is your bs

subjust is resisting Trump. 

My point is people respectful would do what I did. We lost the vote in 2008 and 2012 and wished for the best. 

None of this resistance nonsense 

sounds like authoritarianism. I disagree with you so I am "deflecting "

1 minute ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

My point is people respectful would do what I did. We lost the vote in 2008 and 2012 and wished for the best. 

Dude.

The resistance to trump is real and persistent.

It is not going away until trump goes away.

trump is not the same as any other president in U.S. history, in many NEGATIVE ways.

The majority of Americans and people all over the world get that. 

If you support him, fine, but this thread is about the anti-trump resistance. 
You can't wish it away.

You can't whine it away. 

10 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

I accepted Bush. Didn't much like him but I put up with him. He kept the gov't running and made an effort to carry out his duties.

Trump is in a league of his own. He's not keeping the gov't running. He has major vacancies from all the dept heads and Obama appointees he fired and never bothered replacing. The list of real complaints about trump's inadequacies for the job are real. The sooner he's gone the better off everybody is.

Edited by Rob13

30 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

I reluctantly accepted Bush, though I considered him unqualified for the job.  He proved me right by doing terrible damage to the US economy, government finances, and starting, but not finishing, two wars (one justified, the other unnecessary and criminal).  He then went on to botch the justified war in Afghanistan and the unjustified war in Iraq by having no plan for after the Taliban or Saddam.

I eagerly accepted Obama, though I considered him inexperienced.  I was largely pleased with his performance--pulling the US out of a financial free-fall, greatly reducing the inherited federal deficit of Bush, getting us as much out of Iraq and Afghanistan as practical, arguably too much.  He was far from perfect, but he was a huge improvement om Bush.

I reject Trump, he has no business in the White House.  He is so dangerously unqualified he makes me nostalgic for Bush. 

Keep in mind that Trump has had an easy entry into the job--a solid economy, no major disasters or terrorist attacks on US soil, no major international upheaval--and he still can't even accomplish the basics of his job, such as filling key positions.  How will he react when there is a major event requiring informed, intelligent leadership from the President.

Trump is also making the White House an information black-hole--visitor logs are now secret, conflict of interest waivers for appointees are secret, his tax records are definitely not for viewing, and news conferences are a joke and appear to be on the way out. 

Republicans in the Senate are following this "the people's business is none of the people's business" approach; the new health care bill is being negotiated in secret, with Republicans only participating, of course. 

The sooner this administration ends, the better.

Edited by heybruce

22 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

I accepted Bush. Didn't much like him but I put up with him. He kept the gov't running and made an effort to carry out his duties.

Trump is in a league of his own. He's not keeping the gov't running. He has major vacancies from all the dept heads and Obama appointees he fired and never bothered replacing. The list of real complaints about trump's inadequacies for the job are real. The sooner he's gone the better off everybody is.

Bush invaded Iraq for no good reason. Too bad you did not resist that.  

Trump had done nothing to support your claims of incompetence 

Too bad you did not resist that.  

I did; he didn't listen.

Yes , he has. Do a google search on how many US embassies are operating without an ambassador or how many federal judges are missing from the court system. That's just a start. The gov't is operating at sub par levels, he is failing at the most basic level of his position. That's not my opinion it's a fact. 

54 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

The man-child has done everything to support claims of incompetence, literally from day one, and there are almost daily reminders. The latest example was the reception given to the Ukrainian president; frosty and insultingly low key. Quite different from the reception given to leaders from almost all other nations - including those from un-democratic countries.

I seriously believe that the dossier Putin has on the man-child will make him Putin's b**** forever - or until it's made public. And that day can't come soon enough!

Absolutely amazing that some people claim that he's even close to being competent. How could he when he has the personality of a particularly evil man-child incapable of listening to the advice of grownups?

Thanks Trump supporters for the wonderful gift. You have indeed shown us that cutting your nose off to spite your face is a great idea! I just hope the world doesn't end before he's thrown out or the four years are up.

In regards to Trump's first cabinet meeting, which began with a round of mandatory *ss-kissing:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/politics/donald-trump-cabinet-meeting/index.html

" Mr Trump is a boastful, thin-skinned praise-addict. Lacking a governing record after squandering the start of his presidency, he used his first full cabinet meeting to stage a televised display of loyalty. He knew full well that the powerful men and women in the room were flattering him—and relished their humiliation. He is more bully than tragic hero."   https://www.economist.com/news/united-states/21723412-not-shakespearean-drama-penalty-characters-who-stand-up-king-too   

How anyone could watch that BS and still support the narcissistic creep is beyond me.

21 hours ago, iReason said:

For good reason I suspect. 

Given the fact that the sixteen alt-right propaganda commentary you-tube channels you listed are not "news" sources.

As you claimed.

"While your at it, give examples of what you consider to be reliable news sources that never err in their reports."

What you posted did not even come close to addressing that question.

I looked at them.

:coffee1:

There's no point arguing with someone who constantly gives the typical and ever so predictable pavlovian responses.

You have no idea what the alt-right is nor will you probably ever find out on your own, you don't strike me as someone with an open mind nor do you seem intellectually honest.

The social justice left and alt-right are both toxic, collectivist, identity politics ridden shallow ideologies that I wish would both die off already.

Anyway, fight on comrade! For the revolution!

14 hours ago, iReason said:

A short reminder of the inept one's massive lies.

Listen for the big OOPS! in there where he admits screwing “the little people”.  :whistling:

And even with this, to help remind Trump supporters of how bad he duped them, they still support him.  Some 36%.  Absolutely incredible.

Very interesting article to read.  Not good.  And I'd guess it may not be that much different in other countries around the world.

http://globalpublicsquare.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/15/is-america-dangerously-divided/comment-page-6/

If you thought that political polarization in America was bad, think again. Because it’s worse than you thought. And if you’re under the impression that dysfunctionality in Washington is merely a product of partisan political gamesmanship on Capitol Hill, try again.

The net:

But a deepening ideological uniformity and partisan animosity in both politics and everyday life challenges one of the premises of a functioning democracy: the ability to make decisions through compromise.

We see that here in this thread from the Trump supporters.  No compromise.  Just the fact he beat Hillary. :cheesy:

Edited by Scott
Edited for Fair Use

A troll post from questionable sources has been removed, along with reply.  

Another post edited for Fair Use Policy:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

Americans are living in a TV-remote control world.  They spend so much time watching TV and internet/mobile screens, that they think they can just press a button and have the channel changed.

Perhaps Trump voters thought that about TV-actor Trump - that if they didn't like the particular entertainment bit, they could just press a finger and change the channel.  They're finding it's not that easy.  

Trump is like a pathogen.   A tiny bit enters the body politic and it feeds and spreads.  Americans can each individually press their channel-switching button a billion times, but Trump is still featured on the screen.  He's still propagating his venal lies in your body politic.  We're all infected, not just the easily-duped dummies who voted for him.

9 hours ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Here you go:

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/twitter-mocks-trump-after-he-praises-100-year-old-panama-canal-in-meeting-with-panamanian-president/ar-BBCWeG5?li=AAmiR2Z&ocid=spartandhp

President Varela puts the full court press handshake on the doughy one. Twice. :laugh:

The inept one draws an exasperated look from President Varela after giving another vacuous example of word salad:

"We are developing new things to do"

11 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Ossoff vs. Handal.

Today is the big day in Georgia's 6th.

I won't dare to make a prediction. 
Suffice it to say, whatever happens there will be big SPIN on both sides.

But I really hope Ossoff wins!

Ow, so sorry Jingy!

Handel beat his Ossoff!

American public not buying Trump is s Russian spy. In fact it seems to be getting to be old fake news(OFN?)

14 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

American public not buying Trump is s Russian spy.

:cheesy:

Just making stuff up.

:coffee1:

Most Americans believe Trump tried to interfere with Russia investigation: poll

Poll shows 68% of Americans are at least moderately concerned about the possibility Trump or his campaign associates had inappropriate ties to Russia (sub-title)

"A clear majority of Americans believe Donald Trump has tried to interfere with the investigation into Russia’s alleged election meddling and possible Trump campaign collusion, a new poll shows."

"Just one in five support his decision to oust James Comey from the FBI."

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jun/15/poll-most-americans-believe-trump-interfered-russia-election-investigation

Poll: 61% of Americans think Trump has tried to obstruct Russia investigation

"A majority of Americans believe that President Trump has tried to obstruct the ongoing Russia investigation, according to a new poll out Thursday."

"A poll conducted by the Associated Press and the NORC Center for Public Affairs Research found that 61% of Americans surveyed believe the president has  tried to obstruct or impede the investigation into whether his campaign colluded with Russia during the 2016 election cycle."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2017/06/15/poll-61-americans-think-trump-has-tried-obstruct-russia-investigation/102884748/

Donald Trump's approval rating plunges to new low in latest poll over handling of Russia investigation

"One catalyst for those relatively poor ratings is the on-going investigation into ties between Russia and his administration before the election."

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-approval-rating-latest-poll-cbs-russia-investigation-a7798981.html

Trump's handling of Russia investigations weighs on approval ratings

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/trumps-handling-of-russia-investigations-weighs-on-approval-ratings/

6.jpg

33 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Republicans 3 for 3 in special elections despite body slamming reporters and 40 million bucks from Dems. 

Looking silly fellows.

maybe you should go back to something else - start marching against fur again? That was fun , right? Throwing red paint on women?

Republicans, getting tired of winning :) 

1 hour ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Ow, so sorry Jingy!

Handel beat his Ossoff!

American public not buying Trump is s Russian spy. In fact it seems to be getting to be old fake news(OFN?)

And it wasn't even close. A bad bland Republican candidate beat the Democrat's superstar by more than five percent.

I think this is Gingrich's district.Seems like a GOP win would be a slam dunk. Odd they had to spend so much to hold their seat.

The race for Georgia’s 6th District was already the most expensive election of its kind. Now the contest to represent a suburban Atlanta district has shattered another barrier, topping $50 million in overall spending.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/19/the-race-for-georgias-6th-district-now-costs-more-than-50m/

16 minutes ago, Rob13 said:

I think this is Gingrich's district.Seems like a GOP win would be a slam dunk. Odd they had to spend so much to hold their seat.

http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/19/the-race-for-georgias-6th-district-now-costs-more-than-50m/

Odd that Dems would think they could win

ouch! Burned through 40 million cash. That hurts. 

4 minutes ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Odd that Dems would think they could win

They've been overwhelmingly GOP since the 70', must be a shift in population or something. 2016 pres election was pretty much split down the middle.Handel only won by 4 or 5 percentage points. GOP's losing their dominance down there.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia's_6th_congressional_district

1 hour ago, funandsuninbangkok said:

Republicans 3 for 3 in special elections despite body slamming reporters and 40 million bucks from Dems. 

Looking silly fellows.

maybe you should go back to something else - start marching against fur again? That was fun , right? Throwing red paint on women?

Ummm...Georgia has been a Republican state for decades.  It would have been the upset of the century if they lost.  Especially when pitting a seasoned pro against a 30 year old newbie.  Amazing it was that close.  Tells a lot.  I'd bet the republicans spent at least 40 million also.

Hardly looking silly.  You're sounding very unprofessional.

48 minutes ago, zydeco said:

And it wasn't even close. A bad bland Republican candidate beat the Democrat's superstar by more than five percent.

A bland Republican with lots of experience vs. a young newbie?  5 percent is super close for that kind of a race.  He was hardly a superstar. LOL