90 day at Phuket immigration today

phuketjock

3 hours ago, stevenl said:

Are you on IE or IE emulation?

Yes, I just learnt about this today (I have a Mac) and tried it, but it doesn't make any difference to the 90 day online application.

But it makes the search feature on my Hotmail work properly; something it hasn't done for a long time.

Every cloud...

On my application form there is no address field. 

I assume the address field appears after you click on Submit?

On a Mac I and other Mac chums found the ONLY WAY we could get it to work is using the Google Chrome browser then use the IE on Chrome extension (or plug in or whatever they call them). That works. BUT you will THEN need the Opera browser to be able to view, print or save to PDF your next appointment receipt as Chrome just locks up when you try and open it in that.

Posted using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, SooKee said:

On a Mac I and other Mac chums found the ONLY WAY we could get it to work is using the Google Chrome browser then use the IE on Chrome extension (or plug in or whatever they call them). That works. BUT you will THEN need the Opera browser to be able to view, print or save to PDF your next appointment receipt as Chrome just locks up when you try and open it in that.

Posted using Tapatalk

Actually, I just got it to work on my Mac about ten minutes ago using a different method. Very pleased with myself as I haven't a clue about computers and the internet.

But I'll await my confirmation before posting my technique.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, macahoom said:

Actually, I just got it to work on my Mac about ten minutes ago using a different method. Very pleased with myself as I haven't a clue about computers and the internet.

But I'll await my confirmation before posting my technique.

Success! But not quite.

I assumed, after I successfully submitted my 90 report online this morning, that they would send me an approval by email. I was wrong. When I checked the status of my application an hour ago I see it has been approved.

So far so good.

At the bottom of the page there are two boxes. One is “Application (PRINT)” and the other is “The Next Appointment (PRINT)". When I click on either of these I get a blank page with the dreaded spinning beachball which means the page has frozen and is going nowhere.

Has anyone any idea how I can print these?

I'm assuming I must print them, but maybe it is not necessary?

I tried downloading Opera as suggested by SooKee but that resulted in exactly the same thing – the spinning beachball.

Edited by macahoom

2 hours ago, macahoom said:

<snip>

At the bottom of the page there are two boxes. One is “Application (PRINT)” and the other is “The Next Appointment (PRINT)". When I click on either of these I get a blank page with the dreaded spinning beachball which means the page has frozen and is going nowhere.

Has anyone any idea how I can print these?

I'm assuming I must print them, but maybe it is not necessary?

I tried downloading Opera as suggested by SooKee but that resulted in exactly the same thing – the spinning beachball.

I use IE (only for Immigration use ...) and I had the same problem about 10 days ago.  Got the approval Ok and tried to print the next appointment page (looks the same as issued in person by Immigration). Each time I tried to print that I select accepting the close other window and a new window opens. I tried many times and had 10 windows open with I think a 505 error. I gave up and tried again another day ... and it worked first time. Print and done. Frankly this whole Immigation website is Micky Mouse  ... 

• 1 month later...

Just to confirm that the routine in Phuket Town Immigration as of today was get a ticket off the volunteers and wait for an official. Hand over passport with previous 90 day report and no other paperwork. Number sign wasn't doing 90 days so just had to listen out to be called

New report printed off, passed to guy at the back for checking and returned within 5 minutes. 5 people ahead of me- in at 1030, out by 1048. Going in after the initial opening queue seems to be the way ahead as there were only 2 people in front of me to see the volunteers.

As I stated before i planned this around other admin in town- from leaving home to getting car checked, 90 day report, PLTO and some stuff elsewhere in town the whole thing took 3 hours door to door.

Not the hardship and drama some seem to turn it into. its a necessary evil so I just make the most of the trip.

17 minutes ago, Psimbo said:

Just to confirm that the routine in Phuket Town Immigration as of today was get a ticket off the volunteers and wait for an official. Hand over passport with previous 90 day report and no other paperwork. Number sign wasn't doing 90 days so just had to listen out to be called

New report printed off, passed to guy at the back for checking and returned within 5 minutes. 5 people ahead of me- in at 1030, out by 1048. Going in after the initial opening queue seems to be the way ahead as there were only 2 people in front of me to see the volunteers.

As I stated before i planned this around other admin in town- from leaving home to getting car checked, 90 day report, PLTO and some stuff elsewhere in town the whole thing took 3 hours door to door.

Not the hardship and drama some seem to turn it into. its a necessary evil so I just make the most of the trip.

And there is of course the possibility that threads like this may or may not have had some influence on

the apparent easing of procedures and unnecessary paperwork at immigration?

6 hours ago, phuketjock said:

And there is of course the possibility that threads like this may or may not have had some influence on

It would be nice to think that positive feedback did get back to them, possibly if volunteers read the forums (which I understand may occur). Some people's constant beatching about procedures we have to endure are not always constructive!

My recommendation would to be to combine the 90 day reports with maybe 'Room 101' behind the main office or the big office upstairs, as the longest wait on occasions can be getting through the queue to the volunteers just to get a number. No need for such a quick process to be slowed down by the great unwashed and their unpreparedness.

Personally I have found that the current arrangements are far better than in the past but a little further adjustment would ease the process even more. I would still prefer this to reporting online (on the occasions that it is working) as it gives a chance to interface and check for changes. Roz is normally good for a laugh anyway!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, phuketjock said:

I'm sorry but that is wish full thinking.

Immigration is not getting influenced by what is discussed here on TV but only by their own experience or by orders from higher up.

The reason that currently no papers are required anymore when doing 90 day reporting is the fact that it is very busy at the immigration office.

Same for the alien information form, it is stopped as the girls (who put the information into the computers) where overloaded which created a backlog and because there is no drive from higher up anymore to ask for the information.

13 hours ago, merijn said:

I'm sorry but that is wish full thinking.

Immigration is not getting influenced by what is discussed here on TV but only by their own experience or by orders from higher up.

The reason that currently no papers are required anymore when doing 90 day reporting is the fact that it is very busy at the immigration office.

Same for the alien information form, it is stopped as the girls (who put the information into the computers) where overloaded which created a backlog and because there is no drive from higher up anymore to ask for the information.

If what you say is true???  then I find that rather sad, it would surely be to everyones advantage to

make the immigration process as easy as possible and by listening to people who have to go through

the system on a regular basis surely they, the immigration officers and their bosses, could make things

much smoother and easier for themselves and the annual extenders and even encourage tourists to

visit Thailand and spend more money by making it simple for tourists to extend their stay.

But what am I saying my imagination is running wild today............:cheesy:

• 2 weeks later...

Just did my 90 day report at Phuket Town.

Arrived at 14:25 and got ticket #200. The counter for 90 day report was serving 195.

No paperwork needed except passport and previous notification.

Was out at 14:55.

The place was heaving with people, but, they were doing other stuff.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Arrived at 14:25 and got ticket #200. The counter for 90 day report was serving 195.

Excellent news. I'll be there tomorrow. I usually go around 2:30. (Chinese dentist time).

9 hours ago, KarenBravo said:

Mine was also done today. Ticket #197.

Same, same.

In at 1:30, out at 1:50, 4 people in front of me.

The volunteer was alone and working hard - and fast - as was the 90-day IO.

I took only my passport with the usual 3 bits stapled inside:  previous 90-day receipt, address notification receipt and TM 6 (arrival) card.

No photocopies required.

They could probably shave 30-45 seconds off each person's processing time if they had a faster printer  biggrin.gif .

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JetsetBkk said:

The volunteer was alone and working hard

I had the same experience the last two times I visited Phuket Immigration. Is this the normal situation now? In the past there used to be two or three volunteers. A bunch of them I haven't seen in a good while.

I'm curious how long the nice German lady has worked there as volunteer. Very effective with positive attitude. The last time I visited the location, she kind of set a positive tone for all visitors.

When I was there, there were two volunteers. One disappeared at about 14:45. The other was preparing to leave when I left at 14:55.

I think their knock off time is 15:00. After that, no numbers are given out and it's a case of trying to catch the eye of the IO you need.

On 1/25/2017 at 4:32 PM, eisfeld said:

I had the same experience the last two times I visited Phuket Immigration. Is this the normal situation now? In the past there used to be two or three volunteers. A bunch of them I haven't seen in a good while.

Sometimes people have to pee- the norm is two downstairs and one upstairs, whilst those that want to get on with retirement permits can circumvent them and just go round the back. 

• Like 1

On 25.1.2017 at 5:01 PM, oilinki said:

I'm curious how long the nice German lady has worked there as volunteer. Very effective with positive attitude. The last time I visited the location, she kind of set a positive tone for all visitors.

Must be Carmen,  I suspect she is there since a year now.

You are right, she is great.... kind attitude and very helpful.
Last time she flirts a bit with dad, he is 86.
 Now he has a new hobby, 90 day reporting for every single friend!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, birthdaycake said:

Must be Carmen,  I suspect she is there since a year now.

You are right, she is great.... kind attitude and very helpful.
Last time she flirts a bit with dad, he is 86.
 Now he has a new hobby, 90 day reporting for every single friend!

LOL :)

That's the most heartwarming and positive thing I read today.