NON_ IMM O - Retirement Question

I obtained a Non-Imm Retirement (permission to stay) on 30th October 2015 - multiple entry.

The stamp says the permission to stay will expire on the 26th January 2017.

I intend to come back to Thailand for New Year. 

I assume I will have to leave again before 26th January.

What action should I take to avoid having to leaving again so soon after arrival ?

...and what action should I take to ensure a continuation of the permission to stay ?

Not really sure what you had when you entered the country last year. Did you have a non-a visa or a non-o visa?

Either of the visas that you could of had would of already expired so you would not be able to enter the country getting it.

You would need to apply for a new non-oa visa if that is what you had before or apply for a one year extension at immigration.

If you had a single entry non-o visa and applied for a one year extension of stay at immigration then you would need to apply for a new one shortly after to return to stay longer.

In either case you would need to have a re-entry permit that is still valid for entry or you you will only get a 30 day visa exempt entry when you arrive.

Thanks for your reply ubonjoe

It says "multiple entry" and I have re- entered Thailand twice since getting the original permission to stay from the office in Changwattana.

On your earlier instructions I didn't get a re-entry permit despite the stamp saying " please get a re-entry permit before leaving Thailand".

The last time I entered in October the immigration officer had quite a (grumble to herself ) about my situation but eventually stamped me in with permission to stay until 26th January 2017.

You apparently got a one year extension of stay at Chaeng Wattana immigration since you state you got a stamp informing you that you need a re-entry permit. When did you get the extension.

Not sure who instructed you that you did not need a re-entry permit. It might because you said you had a multiple entry visa.

If you obtained a one year extension of stay at immigration and have used your multiple entry visa and have used it to get 90 day entries from it your extension ended the first time you did it.

39 minutes ago, xerostar said:

I will apply for a new one year extension soon after arrival. 

Do I need to show 800K baht in my Thai bank acoount? 

are there any alternatives ?

Arrival when? I don't think you will be able get another entry after January that you can extend.

You will have to apply for an extension prior to January 26th and get a re-entry permit. You can apply for it up to 45 days early at Chaeng Wattana.

You will need to show 800k baht in the bank for 3 months or proof of 65k baht income or a combination of the 2 totaling 800k baht.

I will try to get back before 1st January and go to Chaeng Wattana as soon as they open in January and apply for a one year extension.

What sort of proof is required of income ?  A letter from my bank or accountant ?

Because I run my own business there is a great difference between actual income and real profit.

Would they accept bank statements -showing the total credits to my account ?

9 minutes ago, xerostar said:

I will try to get back before 1st January and go to Chaeng Wattana as soon as they open in January and apply for a one year extension.

What sort of proof is required of income ?  A letter from my bank or accountant ?

Because I run my own business there is a great difference between actual income and real profit.

Would they accept bank statements -showing the total credits to my account ?

No sure what you will get when you enter the country. If you don have a valid visa or re-entry permit you will only get a 30 day visa exempt entry.

You need a income letter from from your embassy to prove your 65k baht income. What you need to get it will depend upon their requirements.

Thanks for your advice ubonjoe

Maybe you overlooked the first line of my post:  

"I obtained a Non-Imm Retirement (permission to stay) on 30th October 2015 - multiple entry."

At least I won't get into trouble for not having a re-entry permit, of course it's up to the particular guy (or gal) on duty I guess, as to what you get.

I found I can get a Centrelink Statement of income. I will take that to the Oz embassy in Bangkok and get it stamped as verified beofre I go the Chaeng Wattana

It will be over 65K baht per month so that should do I guess ?

19 minutes ago, xerostar said:

Thanks for your advice ubonjoe

Maybe you overlooked the first line of my post:  

"I obtained a Non-Imm Retirement (permission to stay) on 30th October 2015 - multiple entry."

At least I won't get into trouble for not having a re-entry permit, of course it's up to the particular guy (or gal) on duty I guess, as to what you get.

I found I can get a Centrelink Statement of income. I will take that to the Oz embassy in Bangkok and get it stamped as verified beofre I go the Chaeng Wattana

It will be over 65K baht per month so that should do I guess ?

You also wrote this.

4 hours ago, xerostar said:

It says "multiple entry" and I have re- entered Thailand twice since getting the original permission to stay from the office in Changwattana.

Immigration does not issue multiple entry visas for retirement. Even ones issued by embassies and consulates are only valid for one year year from the date of issue.

You will do a statutory declaration at the Australian embassy to prove your income.