Police review death of patient at cosmetic surgery clinic

geovalin

Police said yesterday that they are investigating potential medical malpractice following the death of a woman shortly after she underwent breast augmentation surgery at a Phnom Penh cosmetic surgery clinic.

De Beauté Clinic in Russei Keo district closed its doors temporarily yesterday after Phai Veasna, 36, demanded an investigation into the death of his wife, Ros Sokny, also 36, who died on Sunday, three days after she had undergone breast surgery at the clinic.

Sokny lived in Kratie province and had four young children, according to Veasna. He said his wife had sought out the surgery after seeing advertisements for breast augmentation on Facebook and they had agreed together to pay $3,000 for the operation.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 21/11

I retired  from my position as a medical malpractice claims examiner in Beverly Hills, California, the cosmetic surgery capital of the world. One thing I learned, surgery is surgery, and anything can happen. And, if the patient dies as a result of the surgery, that doesn't  mean the doctor did anything wrong. You have to prove, by way of experts, that the doctor did something wrong to cause the death. Good luck with that. Death is an accepted risk of the procedure as stated in the forms the patient signs before undergoing the procedure. Case in point was the famed comedian, Joan Rivers, who died on the operating table. The doctor and clinic were found liable for her death as they did not have the proper emergency equipment available which could have saved her.