Dubai prosecutors drop extramarital sex case against rape claim Briton

webfact

Dubai prosecutors drop extramarital sex case against rape claim Briton

Frances Perraudin

The Guardian

Prosecutor’s office concludes woman who said she was attacked by two men had consensual sex

DUBAI: -- A British woman charged with having extramarital sex in Dubai after claiming she was raped no longer faces legal proceedings after the case against her was dropped.

The 25-year-old tourist from Cheshire said she was attacked by two men while on holiday in the United Arab Emirates and reported the incident to police. Officers charged her with extramarital sex and confiscated her passport.

The office of the Dubai public prosecutor said that after “careful examination of all evidence”, including a review of statements given by the British woman, the two male suspects and investigating police officers, it concluded the woman had had consensual sex.

Full story: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/nov/22/dubai-prosecutors-drop-extramarital-sex-case-against-claim-briton

-- The Guardian 2016-11-23

Pfft. This case is not about whether the men were guilty (and then subsequently let off), it is all about the backwards laws of that craphole of a place that makes women guilty for being raped in the first place. Aside from the fancy hotels, glitzy shopping and beaches, I cannot for the life of me understand why people go there (or any of those backward places) and furnish those regimes. Without all that oil, the UAE would be indistinguishable from a typical desert village. Society/culture/law is a thousand years behind everything else.

8 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

Pfft. This case is not about whether the men were guilty (and then subsequently let off), it is all about the backwards laws of that craphole of a place that makes women guilty for being raped in the first place. Aside from the fancy hotels, glitzy shopping and beaches, I cannot for the life of me understand why people go there (or any of those backward places) and furnish those regimes. Without all that oil, the UAE would be indistinguishable from a typical desert village. Society/culture/law is a thousand years behind everything else.

People go there for the same reason they go to Saudi. Money. Period.

if you are talking about tourists, it's because many people are ignorant.

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Well said.  Besides a brief period of active art and science several hundred years ago the Muslim cultures have contributed precious little to the betterment of the human race and a whole lot to its destruction and suffering.  It really erks me when i see these rubes parading down sukhumvit subjugating their women in plain view.  Free societies must stop tolerating the intolerance. 

This case has caused alot of criticism of Dubai, unfairly as we now know. Presumably there will be some sort of crackdown on young western women that are effectively selling themslves at Dubai nightspots? Stricter rules against alcohol should also be enforced. Two of the devils tools, hookers and booze, which when the two are combined, cause no end of drama and tomfoolery that a nation such as Dubai clearly has no time for.

2 hours ago, outre99 said:

Well said.  Besides a brief period of active art and science several hundred years ago the Muslim cultures have contributed precious little to the betterment of the human race and a whole lot to its destruction and suffering.  It really erks me when i see these rubes parading down sukhumvit subjugating their women in plain view.  Free societies must stop tolerating the intolerance. 

The "brief period of active art & science several hundred years ago" was due to the Arabs capturing Byzantine scholars & translating treaties & theorems from Ancient Greek into Arabic.

Even the so-called Arabic numeral system is copied from lndia.

The Hindus invented the concept of zero.

The Muslims haven't done much for the world.

Why do people assume it was rape even when the Prosecution have concluded, from the fact that she voluntarily went back to their hotel room with them, and subsequent statements from interrogation of all three of them, that her actions were consensual?

Sorry, but I know well that they have to deal with all sorts of fake claims from spurned women/hookers/wives and she should take the 30 thousand quid of Internet sympathy money and learn not to be so gormless in future.

She's lucky she isn't up for wasting police time.

Reminds me of the two jailed in Dubai a few years ago. A policeman caught them having sex on the beach after a particularly pissy brunch, and actually simply warned them to go home.  When he returned later they were still at it, and the woman concerned threw a shoe at him and told him to **** off.

The Thai phrase is "som num na farang" I believe.

1 hour ago, soc said:

The "brief period of active art & science several hundred years ago" was due to the Arabs capturing Byzantine scholars & translating treaties & theorems from Ancient Greek into Arabic.

Beg to differ. They are destroying it bit by bit.

Why is it that the two guys faces are splashed all over the UK press and the 'married female' not named?  Their lives are pretty much tarnished for many years to come but she gets off scot-free. 

Let's just hope her husband is fully aware of what she's been up to.

4 hours ago, jaidam said:

This case has caused alot of criticism of Dubai, unfairly as we now know. Presumably there will be some sort of crackdown on young western women that are effectively selling themslves at Dubai nightspots? Stricter rules against alcohol should also be enforced. Two of the devils tools, hookers and booze, which when the two are combined, cause no end of drama and tomfoolery that a nation such as Dubai clearly has no time for.

Let me guess ---you're a Muslim extremist from dubai with 4 wives. 

18 hours ago, soc said:

I don't have the historical knowledge to speak to that.  But it wouldn't be unusual. Most civilizations borrow from the preceding ones.  It is indubitable that there was a period when great cities were built, amazing art created, and scientific progress made in that culture.  That period is long gone and since then the culture descended into, or rather never grew out of medieval barbarism.  The west had its Renaissance, the eastern cultures were always too pragmatic about letting their religion stand in the away of a good time.  

Islam, intertwined with and supported by backwards social traditions, is holding a considerable proportion of our fellow humans in place.  And within Islam we got a very vocal and violent minority that actually wants to turn the time backwards.  Unfortunately they learned how to use modern technology that was made possible by the very progress they are fighting against.  Irony at its best and worst.

On 11/23/2016 at 11:28 AM, jaidam said:

This case has caused alot of criticism of Dubai, unfairly as we now know. Presumably there will be some sort of crackdown on young western women that are effectively selling themslves at Dubai nightspots? 

You must be kidding. I remember going down to Dubai on Ascension Day, when all bars and nightclubs were shut for 24 hours.

Mankhool road was awash with brasses in their best pulling gear, knocking on car windows and stopping passers-by in their desperation for custom.

Dubai just wants the $$$$$$$$$ and this will just remind those involved to keep it schtum.

On 11/23/2016 at 1:32 PM, daveAustin said:

there... there... aren't we full of envy today? :cheesy:

On 23/11/2016 at 2:50 PM, outre99 said:

A lot of their active art and science was stolen from the ancient Greek civilisation which islam likes to keeps quiet.

3 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

A lot of their active art and science was stolen from the ancient Greek civilisation which islam likes to keeps quiet.

Islam has also caused the extinction of Tyrannsaurus Rex and some of its scholars committed a crime by inventing the "english breakfast" with baked beans and soggy toast. :saai:

3 hours ago, maxcorrigan said:

Cough...bullshit!

In actual fact middle eastern(or arab) science, art, architecture etc pre-dates Islam by thousands of years... & it did'nt come from Greece.