Changing schools or being fired out, what about...

Any experiences with changing the hospital designated on your "Social" insurance if you find yourself fired out or changing schools etc.? How do you go about changing your hospital. Yes, I though about and did ask Social but they only speak Thai. My Thai doesn't allow said conversation. We would also like to know about the process of getting your Social contributions back, which you do get a portion of back, once you either get fired or your Work Permit expires. Again, I though of and in fact did contact Social directly and was met with kindness but no answers. I'm willing to go there, but only like going once. This stuff of going back and back and back only to be lacking this or that gets very old and tiring not to mention, frustrating and seems to induce violent thoughts including suicide and hurting animals. 

First thing - do not claim any money back. Keep paying the 432 Baht a month whilst you are unemployed, this will keep you eligible for nearly all the benefits.

I know you can change your registered hospital once a year, but as to the exact process, I don't know.

If I see a certain work colleague today I will ask her, as she changed her husbands registered hospital.

21 hours ago, muzmurray said:

First thing - do not claim any money back. Keep paying the 432 Baht a month whilst you are unemployed, this will keep you eligible for nearly all the benefits.

I know you can change your registered hospital once a year, but as to the exact process, I don't know.

If I see a certain work colleague today I will ask her, as she changed her husbands registered hospital.

Thanks for your reply...I don't think claiming your benefits due has any bearing on the eligibility of continued medical coverage. You can, according to several I know and trust, simply set up an automatic debit of your Thai bank account for the monthly premium of 432 Baht. 

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

You cannot claim any contributions bac until you are 55. 

If you have been fired, or resigned for that matter, you can claim unemployment benefit. That is 90 days from date of termination of employment. The amount is about 150baht a day.

Your figures are incomplete and incorrect.

For unemployment benefit you need to have paid for at least 6 months in the last 15.

If made redundant, the benefit is 50% of your previous 6 months salary for 6 months - up to a maximum of 7500 Baht a month.

If you resigned, the benefit is 30% for up to 90 days.

5 hours ago, muzmurray said:

Your figures are incomplete and incorrect.

For unemployment benefit you need to have paid for at least 6 months in the last 15.

If made redundant, the benefit is 50% of your previous 6 months salary for 6 months - up to a maximum of 7500 Baht a month.

If you resigned, the benefit is 30% for up to 90 days.

Actually I was speaking from first hand experience. My figures are accurate.

I had been paying for about 5 years. They did not ask about if I was made redundant or resigned.

12 hours ago, puchooay said:

Actually I was speaking from first hand experience. My figures are accurate.

I had been paying for about 5 years. They did not ask about if I was made redundant or resigned.

And I am quoting the SSO's actual facts and figures.

Archived