90 reporting; doing without employer help

All - appreciate the help.  I had a job that I resigned from but I'm allowed to keep my visa that expires in Aug 2017.  My old employer must have handled it all; because I never did a 90 day report (but I also flew in and out of the country routinely).  According to the paperwork, my next "Date of notification' is Dec. 14.  I'm leaving out of country on Dec. 15th.  So what do I do to keep my visa active?  I think I have to get some kind of pre-departure permission (of course at a cost from immigration); but that is about all I know.  I don't want to ask for any assistance with my visa - because me keeping the visa is on the 'down low'; upper management probably wouldn't like it.  So want to do everything on my own.  I don't have the work permit in my possession.  The visa is stamped in my passport.  I'm located in Bangkok.

At Bangkok immigration to do your 90 day report in person you will only need the receipt for your last report and your passport. You can do the report up to 15 days before the report date or 7 days after. You can also do your report online or by mail.

You will need a re-entry permit to keep your extension valid if you want tor travel. A single re-entry permit costs 1000 baht or 3800 baht for a multiple. You apply for it at immigration or at either airport in Bangkok on departure from the country.

Thanks ubonjoe - I went to this link http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days  but don't see anywhere to do it on-line.  Am I correct that I need this is the page for "90 day report" or notification?  Then the re-entry permit; - is that also done 15 days prior up to time of departure?  And 3000 is a one-time fee good until my visa expires?  Thanks so much for your expert advice; I owe you a drink or three - so PM me if ever in Bangkok.

3 hours ago, smokinfun said:

Thanks ubonjoe - I went to this link http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days  but don't see anywhere to do it on-line.  Am I correct that I need this is the page for "90 day report" or notification?  Then the re-entry permit; - is that also done 15 days prior up to time of departure?  And 3000 is a one-time fee good until my visa expires?  Thanks so much for your expert advice; I owe you a drink or three - so PM me if ever in Bangkok.

Try this link instead:- http://www.immigration.go.th/

After entering the website, click on "Notification of staying over 90 days" in the left-hand panel. Then scroll down to the bottom and click on "notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days via Internet".

You can apply for a re-entry permit at Chaengwattana Immigration any time from now. However you can only obtain one at BKK or DMK airports after you have checked in for your flight. I would strongly recommend that you only apply for a multiple permit at a cost of 3,800 THB if you are planning to make 4 or more trips to foreign parts between now and when your permission to stay expires in August 2017.

Edited by OJAS

As it seems the OP is on an extension of stay and not a visa, I am concerned about exactly what the OP means with this comment:

" I had a job that I resigned from but I'm allowed to keep my visa that expires in Aug 2017 ".

It's obvious that he has little knowledge or experience of immigration matters, so he might not be aware that his extension ends the day he stops working. It's possible that his employer will not cancel his work permit, but that doesn't change that he technically is/will be on overstay, which will give him problems if Immigration ever finds out.

Sophon

Edited by Sophon