Population growth, climate hazards for capital outlined

geovalin

Phnom Penh’s infrastructure must be urgently improved if the city is to prepare for the coming population boom and the worst impacts of climate change, speakers said yesterday at a conference on urban development organised by the Czech non-profit People in Need.

As climate change affects the ability of rural populations to make a living, the capital’s population will continue to grow steadily, People in Need’s disaster management and risk reduction program manager Tep Sokha told the audience.

An increase in rainfall, meanwhile, is making agricultural work less viable, and big development projects, such as large hydropower dams, will continue to displace people from their land.

read more http://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/population-growth-climate-hazards-capital-outlined

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 24/11

29 minutes ago, lungnorm said:

No need to worry about Climate Change as it all bullshit latest info is 97% of all scientists agree its crap.

Yes well a lot is crap and the man made element is inconsequential it appears to me. Other statistics show the earth is cooling depends on the selected times that data is collected

I don't  believe a word of it until someone shows me data I can believe.

Until all of the scientists, and the eco people can show us just

how much each and every volcano that blows, affects the

carbon dioxide levels  in the atmosphere,  I will never believe people like

David Suzuki and Al Gore  or some actor named Leo.

Geezer

8 hours ago, Grubster said:

No its the three % that agree with you.

Well if that's the case I know them all personally. Get real there is no amount of money that can actually fix it  if it does need fixing. I was taught in school carbon dioxide is necessary for life to exist. So how the hell can it be the culprit? Years ago there was a song by the Ugly's called Wake up my mind. I suggest you wake up yours.

15 hours ago, lungnorm said:

Well if that's the case I know them all personally. Get real there is no amount of money that can actually fix it  if it does need fixing. I was taught in school carbon dioxide is necessary for life to exist. So how the hell can it be the culprit? Years ago there was a song by the Ugly's called Wake up my mind. I suggest you wake up yours.

Duh